Wednesday, April 1, 2009

First Wednesday Grammy Awards

Hello everyone. ... even though I am posting this late and you won't read it until Thursday... I want to give out my Grammy Awards for this month.
I was honored to get this Blog Friends award pictured below given to me again.
...
It is always special when someone thinks of you as a friend even if they only know you through your blog. I have been blessed to meet several of my blog friends. The wonderful thing is that I have found they are even better in person than I realized they were through their blogs.
...
Blogging is great!!! I am so happy for all of my blog friends.

Some time back I got this Friends award from Marie of Oak Cottage. More recently I received it from Jen of Tatertots and Jello. Both of these ladies are wonderful, creative and talented. I am always in awe as I read their blog posts. I am honored that they consider me a friend. I feel the same way about them. I hope that you will visit their blogs because I know that you will love them too.
....
I would like to pass this on to ALL of you.

Yes.... to ALL of you regular readers!!!
...
Angie, Kris, Jan, Sheryl, Nancy, Sherrie, Holly, Tara, Patty, Marlene, Chelsea, Kelsi, Krystyn, Linda, Jean, Gloria, Patricia, Duckie , Dana, Tricia, Luis (Luigi-My son's sweet friend and my one and only male reader) and all of the rest of you that read my blog and leave me comments. I probably left out names that I should have added.... I'm sorry...chalk it up to "senioritis" and just go ahead and take the Friends award anyway.
...
If some of you already have this award...now you have it twice...enjoy.
Please post it on your sidebar and then leave me a comment letting me know who you are going to pass it on to.
...

I consider you my real friends. You and your blogs bring joy and love into my life. Thank you. If you don't know these bloggers hop on over to their blogs and say I sent you. They are all great people who will make you smile.


I would like to give my Sweet Pea Award to some of my little bloggers. They were wanting some of Grammy's goodies (awards). So here goes....
E.J. my 9 year old grandson.
You were kind enough to give his sister Claire 25 comments on her blog....but EJ only got 2.
If you have a minute give this boy some bloggy love. He would love it. He is my little baseball player and piano whiz. Thanks
Claire, my 7 year old grand-daughter
EJ and Claire can only blog when they come over to visit me. Even if we don't have time to do a post, Claire gets on my computer and adds something cute to her blog each time she visits. She hopes you think it is cute. Claire is also my little model and singing gal.
Johnny, my 12 year old grandson
Johnny is my great little gymnast. He just took first place in 4 events at the Utah state competition....Rings, Pommel Horse, Floor and Parallel Bars. He is a great kid with a sweet spirit and a strong testimony.
Lonica, my just turned 10 year old grand-daughter
Loni is my dancing girl. She thrills us all with her amazing abilities. She is really talented and sweet. She is my Honey Bunny because she was born at Easter time.
Amanda, my youngest blog reader that isn't related.
Amanda is one of Lonica's dance friends. She is so darling. She reads my blog much more often than my own grandchildren do and makes the sweetest comments.
..
All of these young people are my little sweet peas. They are getting this award with my love.

Well, this does it for my First Wednesday Awards.
You are all winners to me.
...
Next week I will post my Wednesday Wisdom blog.

Several of you ask for my Friendship Bread recipe...so I will post that next week.

Also, I haven't forgotten about getting something together for my 100th post give-away.

My 100 post is past now... but stay tuned... I am working on it and will post my give-away soon.

Have a great week.
Love, Grammy Lura

14 comments:

Grandma B said...

Dear Lura. Thank you so much for the award....it is already on my sidebar. Sometimes I wonder if people even read my blog...but I just keep "posting away"...many times when I post I need the time to myself.

We are so busy in NAMI right now. I just found us an office and 2 classrooms to rent. Now we have to do some painting and such. I will post a picture of our office when it is finished. We have a difficult time getting space to hold our classes because we are a smaller town.

ATK (they build the solid rocket boosters for the Space Shuttle) just laid off 300 employees this past Tuesday...with more to go in June and again in October. Just heard tonight that in January 2010 there will be A MASSIVE layoff. It is scary right now.

Thanks again for the award. Would you please sent me your e-mail address again. I sent you an e-mail but it came back undeliveralbe, so I must have done something wrong. LOL

Amandawhatever said...

Hi this is Amanda. Thanks so much for the award i was so happy to see ya at dance well see ya ps i am going to logan tomarrow see ya love amanda

TUTU Monkey said...

Just thinking about you....I hope all is well!!

Marie Rayner said...

Oh Lura, this is one of the things I adore about you. You are so thoughtful and caring and always thinking of others and blessing their lives in countless ways, big and small! You are such a sweet heart and I am proud to call you friend! I bet your little sweet pea bloggers are thrilled! (not to mention all the others!) I just love you to bits!! XXOO

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

Thanks for the award!

How sweet of you to give awards to your grandkids!

Linda - Behind My Red Door said...

Hi Lura! You are so sweet - I so enjoy stopping by here and seeing what wonderful things you are sharing. And your sweet pea award is the best - so cute!

I don't pass on the awards any more but I will be happy to mention it the next time I post. I am in the middle of a big project so that won't be for awhile though.

Have a wonderfuol weekend! hugs, Linda

The Blonde Duck said...

Thanks for the award! It was so sweet of you to think of me!

I hope you have a great weekend! We're not doing too much--Ben's doing taxes and chores and I'm going to do chores and work on entering some writing contests. The Babies are going on an Easter Egg hunt though, so that will be exciting!

Did you try the taco soup? What did you think?

Kris said...

THANK YOU DEAR FRIEND.
NO JAN IS NOT HERE. HER DAD HAD A HEART ATTACK THE NIGHT BEFORE SHE WAS TO COME. HE IS HOME AND DOING FINE. CAN YOU BELIEVE IT THOUGH?

Anonymous said...

Hi Lura, Thanks for the darling award, you are such a thoughtful blogger! I appreciate our friendship. I hope you "news" has to be do Erin and Patrick, I'll be anxiously waiting!

StitchinByTheLake said...

Thank you Lura for thinking of me. As you know I'm off babysitting right now and I'm not getting to read blogs or post as often as I would like. But I'm still checking in on my favorites, and that includes you! blessings, marlene

Luigi said...

hi Lura,
Hey! Many thanks for the blog award...your only male reader, eh! :-).
I've had a busy week but I will try and post your award now!! My very 1st blog award!!
Hope all is well with you and your family. Hi to all...
Luis

hoLLy said...

thanks lura!! you are so sweet ALWAYS! i have that one on my sidebar(from you actually) from a few months back or so, so thanks for the double love! :)

how was your weekend? ours was good. we just got back yesterday from a trip to houston visiting family. joey participated in a memorial golf tournament honoring my cousin kyle, who died 3 years ago, in a car accident. he was only 16 and had such a bright future. anyways, his dad set up a scholarship fund in his name and this golf tournament benefitted it. i was glad to get to go down with my family and be with everyone and for joey to be part of the tournament. it was a good time. kyle is very missed.

Jen @ tatertotsandjello.com said...

Hi Lura - Thanks so much for the sweet award!!! You are so great and I am so glad to have met you and your sweet family.

And speaking of family, I am so excited about your newest grandchild. How exciting! I hope baby Calan is doing better and will be able to go home with his mom and dad soon!

((hugs))
Jen

TUTU Monkey said...

Ahhhhh you made my day!! It has been a long week.......Hugs!!