Monday, April 6, 2009

Monday's Miracle

Meet the happy new parents!!!
Introducing: Calan David
Our prayers have been answered!!
Erin and Patrick got their precious baby boy!
Our darling little Calan was born Sat. April 4th at 5:30 in the morning.


Can you tell his Grammy is thrilled beyond words and thinks he is absolutely perfect?

We were invited to the hospital yesterday to meet the birth mom and the baby.

We all fell in love with both of them the minute we met them....
And luckily, the sweet birth mom liked all of us too.

Erin let Grampy and Grammy and the rest of the family take turns holding him.
...
I had to wait to "shout it from the rooftops" because the birth mom did not sign the adoption papers until a few minutes ago....and...
I wanted Erin to be able to publish it on her blog before I did.
The birth mom has an older sister who did not want her to give the baby to "strangers".
She said that she would take the baby and raise him.
What a hard decision for the birth mom to make.
However, the sister already has several children and a new baby of her own.
Thank goodness, the sweet birth mom, after three days of thought and prayer, blessed our family with this precious baby.
Here he said hello to his Aunt Lynell and Uncle Dathan
Then he met his cousins, Justin and Lonica

Lonica got to practice her future "baby sitting" skills
We are all so happy and so thankful!
There are no words to express our feelings.
"Thank you dear birth mom" just doesn't cover it.
We will always love you and your precious baby.
We will raise him to know how much you loved him and wanted him to have a better life than you can provide him at this time.
Thank Thee Heavenly Father for hearing our family's many prayers over these past years and blessing us with this wonderful baby boy.
I know that Erin and Patrick will raise him to know Thee and Thy Son, Jesus Christ.
Words just can not express the gratitude in our hearts.
...
Now you know why we are all smiling.
I have other good news about Lonica and Johnny but it will wait until another day.
Nothing can top the news of this day....
... This a Miraculous Monday.
Love, Grammy Lura

26 comments:

Sheryl said...

Oh....you are right, words cannot express the blessing of adding this angel to your family! I am so happy for Erin and Patrick. So thankful for this little miracle..give them a hug for me!

Sandra said...

What wonderful news.
so worth waiting for. Congratulations to all.
Sandra

Linda - Behind My Red Door said...

Oh Lura!!!!!!!!!! That is the BEST news I have heard in ages. COngrats to all!! YIPEE!!!!!!!!!

hoLLy said...

i am so happy-i have tears in my eyes!!!! i know this year was rough with the first adoption that fell through, but obviously calan was meant to be in your family! he is just the cutest little guy ever! what a beautiful family. i'm so glad your prayers(and mine) were answered. i'm so so happy for you all!!!! congrats!

Tricia said...

Oh Lura! You know my heart is so full of joy for you all, especially for sweet Patrick and Erin! All I could think of as I sit here with tears streaming down my face, however, was that birth mom, who was like me 12 years ago, in agony, watching as you all had a well-deserved celebration. I know Erin and Patrick will do right by her in every possible way, and my heart goes out to her.

This should surely count for one of your 6 reasons to smile for at least a year!!

Congrats to the new Mommy and Daddy!!

The Mom said...

Wow! All our prayers worked. We are so happy for all. What a wonderful life that baby boy will have. Bless that sweet birth Mom and what a hard thing to do but the right gift for her sweet baby.
Love Ya

Marie Rayner said...

Lura, I am sitting here with tears streaming down my face. I am so very, very happy to read this. Since we spoke the other day my mind has constantly been filled with a silent prayer that this would be the outcome and my knees hit the floor many, many times. I am so very happy for Erin and Patrick. My heart goes out to this birth mother who had such a hard decision to make, but knowing Erin and Patrick as I came to know them when I visited with you I just KNOW this child is blessed. He could have no better home on earth and will be loved and cared for beyond measure by two wonderful people. Happy Happy Joy Joy!! Can you hear me shouting??? I'll be suprised if you can't!! I send my love. XXOO

Grandma B said...

What a wonderful miracle...and what a hard decision for the birth mother...but it surely was done with love in her heart for the welfare of her child. To place your child with loving parents that can provide love, support, and a wonderful family would be the greatest act of love she could have given her child. I am so happy for Erin and Patrick. They look so happy Lura...and YOUR smile....what can I say. Congratulations to you all....LOL

Kim said...

THAT'S SO WONDERFUL! I'm so happy for Erin and Patrick and all of your family! Congratulations!!!

Tara D. said...

Oh my goodness! You wouldn't believe how excited I was when I saw this post!!! He is beautiful! Just precious! And I'm so happy for you and especially Erin and Patrick; they're going to be such great parents to this gorgeous little boy. This is such good news!

Becca said...

I'm visiting from Erin's blog. I live in her ward, am her visiting teacher, and consider her a dear, dear friend. She has blessed everyone's life who she comes into contact with. Her strength and spirit are a testimony to you and what a good mother you must be and now we all get to watch her become the mother she has always been meant to be! I'm beyond excited that she finally get's to be a mom. Little Calan could not have gone to a better home!

Angie said...

Best news ever! Love - and lots of it - to all you mums and dads, grammies and grampies. kiddiewinks and all. I bet there was a few tears shed when your beautiful miracle arrived.

love, Angie, xx

Christine said...

How EXCITING!!! I know you have been waiting for this so much longer than we have known you and your sweet family. I'll have to pop over there soon and get to hug you both!

Sheba's Mommy said...

WOW!! Congratulations!! I know you have all been waiting so long for this to happen! We are so happy for the new parents and grandparents! Heidi will be happy too! ;) She is being a good girl. We love you!

Kris said...

When you said you had a big surprise you weren't exaggerating in the least. I only vaguely hoped it could be about Erin but didn't dare really hope for it.
I have been praying daily for Erin and Patrick for several weeks now -not knowing that there was such a specific reason. I am so very happy. VERY!

StitchinByTheLake said...

God has again answered the prayers of his children. Praises to Him! And congratulations to the entire family. I am lifting up the birth mother right now and asking for God to continue to give her strength and grace as He already has. blessings, marlene

Gloria Baker said...

Is a wonderful miracle dear Lura Im soooo hapy, by Erin, her hubby, you and all of you is the most sweet cute boy I see in many tiemes. Im so happy. Thanks God!! really Kisses and huges to you and your family, of course Im similing a lot!!!!! (I write you other message in the other post, read) xxxxGloria

Im really happy!!!!

Amandawhatever said...

This is Amanda thats for the commont i love the little baby it is so cute i am happy for you quys to have a baby tell erin congats from amanda loni is know a helping cousin!!! See ya love AManda

Anonymous said...

This is just the BEST news Lura!! I'm so happy for your entire family but mostly for Erin and Patrick...they are such a cute couple and deserve this opportunity to have a family of their own. My very best wishes to you ALL!!

Jamie {See Jamie blog} said...

Wonderful! ♥♥♥
What a blessing for you all, and for that sweet baby, and his birth mom! {{hugs}}

Heather said...

I am so happy for them, give them our love!

Thanks for the heads up on my link, I fixed it.

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

This is just awesome!

Prayers for little Calan.

G'ma Tripp said...

Grandmother & Grandfather Tripp and all of our family are overwhelmed with happiness for Erin and Patrick. They will be wonderful parents and guide Calin toward his Heavenly Home. Bless them throughout this marvelous new journey.

Jen @ tatertotsandjello.com said...

Hi Lura --

I just saw your news! I am so so so excited for your family and especially Erin and Patrick!!!!


big hugs!!!!

Jen

Blythe said...

Lura,

That is sooooo wonderful. I am so very happy for Erin and Patrick. Baby Calan is beautiful and I am grateful to have another family member to bless our lives. I can't wait to meet him; I'll give Erin and Patrick a call. Congrats; all the comments on your blog made me cry... how sweet they all are.

TUTU Monkey said...

I can't stop grinning...(with tears of joy too)

I am SO, SO HAPPY for ALL of you!!!