I just got word from Erin and Patrick that little Calan is improving and will be back to perfect before long. His fever is down and Patrick said he looks much better today. He is drinking his whole 2 oz. bottle and getting stronger.
He is getting excellent care and lots of love. Erin and Patrick are staying right beside his crib in the hospital and holding his little hand. He knows that they are there. In fact Erin just told me a tender story. This morning when she let go of his hand his heart rate went up....She quickly took hold of his little hand again and told him that she was there and he went right back to normal. Isn't that sweet. He already knows his Mommy and Daddy and wants them close to him.
Hopefully he will be able to come home from the hospital by Friday.
We are relieved and happy that he is doing so well.
We all love this little guy with all of our hearts.
Thanks for your love , prayers and support.
It means a lot to us.
We feel thankful and blessed.
Grammy







29 comments:
Is Calan in PCMC? Have the doctors figured out his problem yet?
What a relief, and what a scare! That's a terrible thing to have to go thru for any parent, especially when it's your first! I just love it when faith and technology come together to help people!
I am so happy that Calan is doing better! I am so happy and excited for Erin and Patrick. What a blessing! So wonderful!
I hope that sweet little one continues to get better and can go home with his parents soon!
XOXO
Jen
Thanks for the update. I'm glad to hear that Calan is doing better.
I'm so relieved he's already improving. I hope he gets to go home real soon.
I'm glad he's doing better! Poor baby!
I am not typing too many comments but I had to come here and say I am so happy to read this news!!!
Hi this is Amanda AW that sucks well at least he is so heathy and what a great blessing jesus christ has given them well see ya love Amanda
My heart just did an awful dive when I read your E-mail. Prayers went out from down under and I am so happy they have all been heard.
How sweet he knows his Mom and Dad already.
Love and Prayers to all.
i'm so glad he is improving. thats a relief. he will still be in our prayers that he will continue to get better. i love the story you told about mindi holding his hand-how sweet!
and dang, may i say he is the cutest lil guy?!
I am so relieved. Prayers will continue however.
It is a beautiful thing to know he feels better when Mommy and Daddy are near.
So relieved and happy! I know that little guy knows he's lucky too.
What a darling picture, he is a beautiful baby and I'm happy to hear he is improving. Sometimes it takes a few days for these little ones to get used to this new world they've joined, I hope he comes home today.
My prayers are with him. Hope he comes home soon!
I'm so glad things are improving for him.
What a sweet little story.
Lura I am jumping for joy and crying happy tears for you and your sweet family! There is a reason and a season for all things! Do you remember when you came to visit and I said that I thought they would get a little boy? What a beautiful little boy he is! i am thrilled beyond words! hip hip hooray! Hope he is doing well! I know he is in great hands! What a blessing! Congratulations!
Lura, I am so relieved that Calan is doing much better. There have been so many times I have wanted to call you but have stayed my hand because I haven't wanted to impose. This is good news and I am very happy to read this, although my prayers continue. Sending lots of love and hugs and good wishes. Thanks so much for keeping us all posted. XXOO
I'm thrilled! Praises to our Father for His healing grace. blessings, marlene
Thanks for the updates. Hope he is home soon!
SO glad to hear little Calan is doing better. I know you'll all feel better when he's home. ♥
Lura
We've thought about you guys so often so I was super excited to find your blog thru my kids. You guys look great and I am so pleased about the newest Staffanson addition. Erin looks beautiful as always. We are all well and I have six grandkids with 3 more due this year!
Love you,
Suzie Stewart
Bakersfield, CA
Congratluations, grandma!(again)You might not remember me, but I was mission companions with Erin in Nebraska, her last before she came home. I was her companion when you came for the grand encampment celebration. I remember your love for Erin and how you extended that to me as well. I am thrilled that Erin will get to be a mom. We struggled with infertility for 9 years before we got our son. It is such a miracle any time a new life comes here, but so much more special when you have to wait and have so much patience. Erin will be an awesome mom, she had a great teacher! Give her my love and encouragement.
What wonderful news that Erin and Patrick have a long awaited baby. I'm so pleased that Calan's improving after the scare you've all had. What an extra special Easter for you all.
I loved the story about his heart rate! Of course Erin has that soothing effect on him...she was just meant to be a mother and this just proves that point! We're glad he's home!
HI this is Amanda. Happy easter i know i know it is early because on saturday i have to go to the play and go to a easter party and on sunday it is easter well see ya love Amanda
Ohh he's beauty full !!
Hope all is well soon so you can all spoil him.
Love the photo of you with him up on your shoulder. Shows how tiny he is.
XX
Checked back and saw the adorable picture of little Calan...what a doll. I am happy he is doing better now, and will be home for Easter Sunday. Will they be having Calan named soon, and in which ward?
LOL to you and yours....and....
HAPPY EASTER !!!
Hi Lura:
I've been sick and my computer was in the shop so I only just learned from Kris what is going on. Of course at this point she tells me Calan is home and all seems to be well, except that you are sick in Bed. I'm praying for you all. I just yelped when Kris told me about Calan...what a wonderful shock...and then scare, and now I imagine pure joy. Oh I'm just so happy for all of you I don't have words to express. Get well Lura...
I'm saying special prayers for that. And, congratulations to all of you!!!!!
What a beautiful little baby. Glad to hear he's doing so much better.
Post a Comment