Sunday, April 19, 2009

Sunday Six and a give-away

Note: Before I start my Sunday Six, my blog friend Lynne, is having a nice give-away for her 100th post from her home in Sweden. Go visit her at Bun Mountain.... and yes... I know how late I am getting around to my 100th post give away.... but stay tuned because I actually bought a couple of gift cards that I will give away later this week.
...
Now for my Sunday Six.... and yes... I am still smiling, no beaming, over getting baby Calan.
Two weeks ago today we got to go to the hospital and meet our new little Calan.
(How can it only be two weeks???? It seems like we have loved this little boy forever!)

Today as I look back on the past two weeks I am still filled with wonder and awe.
I have so much to smile about that I can hardly contain myself.
and...
even though you may think that I have gone on about getting Calan long enough
I just have to share a few more photos with you..
and...
express the thankfulness in my heart once again.
You see, our whole family has been praying for Erin and Patrick to be blessed with a child for so long.... pleading that this prayer might be answered..
and now that it has been... I just can not thank our birth mom enough....
I can not thank my Heavenly Father enough.
My heart is smiling.
My soul is smiling.
Here are a few more pictures that explain my joy.

Even though we were sorry that Calan got sick a few hours after we brought him home.... and.... we were concerned during the time he spent back in the hospital, we were happy that he got such good care and that we got to bring him home after 4 days.
Our hearts go out to the familes who have their little ones in the hospital for long periods of time..
...some never to come home.
How blessed we are that our baby got better quickly.
...

As much as I enjoyed holding this sweet babe in my arms...

As much as I loved looking at his darling face and feeling him hold on to my finger...

I loved seeing him with Erin and Patrick even more.The love radiates between them.
It is tangible.
It is beautiful.

These cute parents make my heart sing.

Patrick just can't get enough of his little son....

...and neither can Erin.

I loved watching them care for him with such tenderness.

I loved hearing Grampy sing to his little buddy.

I loved every minute of the time we had together.
This was us at our Easter dinner just a week ago today.
It was a blessed day.
A day full of praise and thankfulness.
Even though I am back home now ,I will always treasure these memories in my heart.
...
When I was a little girl I used to sing a song in my primary class that has been ringing in my head all week. I can not remember all of the words because it has been a long time since I've sung it but the melody keeps going through my mind. The words go something like this.
...
Can a little child like me thank the Father fittingly?
Yes, oh, yes be good and true, patient, kind in all you do.
Learn to share and do your part.
Learn to say with all your heart
Father I thank Thee, Father I thank Thee
Father in Heaven, I thank Thee.
...
Those may not be the exact words to the song but they are close.
That is the question I am asking.
How can I find a way to express my thankfulness fittingly?
There are not words to express my gratitude for my children and grandchildren...
...for my John... my husband of 43 years... my eternal companion..
...for my friends....for my home....for my health....
...and most of all for my testimony that God lives and loves us...and answers our prayers....
...that our Savior Jesus Christ died for us....
I know that I truly am a child of God.... how could I not be smiling???
...
I have some other wonderful news about my other grandchildren which I will enjoy sharing with you another time.
I hope that you have had a good week and that you are smiling too.
Much love, Lura

22 comments:

Tricia said...

My heart is smiling too, to know Erin and Patrick are parents of a gorgeous new baby! What a great year your family has to look forward to, with another one on the way, babies babies everywhere!

Linda - Behind My Red Door said...

Oh Lura, You can go on and on as much as you want! What a true miracle it is that Calen's sweet mom saw fit to bless your family with him. My heart is also smiling! I am so happy for your family!

hugs, Linda

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

I'm so happy for Erin and Patrick...and Calan...what a lucky and blessed little boy.

Can't wait to hear about the rest of the grandkids.

Grandma B said...

I am smiling for you Lura...such tender memories to live and relive. LOL

Becca said...

I have been looking forward to seeing Erin and Patrick hold and look at their baby for as long as I have known them and it's killing me that I haven't made it over to see Calan yet. But I plan on paying him a visit this week!

Heather said...

So beautiful! They are glowing!

Angie said...

Your feelings, not just for little baby Calan but for the whole of God's wonderful world, are a sorce of great encouragement for me. How can anyone not believe eh? You'll be sleeping right now but take it from me here in England, His world is just as wonderful this morning!

love, Angie, xx

Tara D. said...

I got all teary-eyed looking at those pictures, especially those of Erin and Patrick with the new baby. I can't get over how beautiful he is!

The Snow Queen said...

I love the picture of Erin and Calan next to the Easter ham... I think it probably weighed more than Calan!

Anonymous said...

This is really, really a beautiful baby!! Cute parents too!! What a wonderful blessing for all of you!

Jan's Blog said...

I'm smiling for you...all of you. The pictures just melt my heart and you are the perfect picture of a proud grandma! It's so lovely to see this young happy family. It's so wonderful when Heavenly Father says 'YES'. My heart is smiling for all of you!

Great-Granny Grandma said...

He is adorable. A sweet, sweet baby, and blessed to be so loved.

Kris said...

I am THRILLED beyond words for Erin and Patrick. It just seems that Erin keeps having to WAIT for blessings but when they come...as they always do...she gets the BEST ones.

Lynne said...

Hi Lura,
I don't think you can have too many photos of Calan. What a joyful time you are all having.
And of course it's fine to put a mention on yor blog.

The Blonde Duck said...

Tell Erin I want her secrets for looking THAT good after having a baby!

bows and more said...

I am still smiling too! What happy news! I think you might have perma grin for a while! But you deserve it! I am so thankful that your family has had their prayers amswered! What a blessing!

hoLLy said...

keep the pics of calan coming lura! he is so so cute! the love just radiates through your pictures, the love you and john have for him, and the love erin and patrick have for him. its so wonderful. i get teary eyed just looking at your pictures! i'm just so happy for you all.

Marie Rayner said...

Lura, you always make my heart smile. How wonderful to see all these lovely pictures. Erin and Patrick (and you and John) both look so very happy. I am so very happy for them and praise God every day for this little miracle! I have had a rough couple of weeks at work and it has been hard to find a happy place in my heart at moments. I can't wait to talk to you and share. I love you my sweet friend! I've been a bad blog reader these past couple of weeks as well. I am so sorry to be late getting to this. I send love and hugs. XXOO

Erin said...

Mom... thank you for sharing so many pictures of our little guy. I have been sending people to your blog- you do such a great job!

We love you so much! Cal is wondering when you are coming back to play? :) He misses you!

Amandawhatever said...

HI this is Amanda How are u can you tell erin lynell and lonica that i gave them award PLEASE see ya love amanda

TUTU Monkey said...

Calan is SO ADORABLE!!!!!!!!

I am so happy for your family!!!!

Gloria Baker said...

I love your Calan's pictures Im smiling all the time I saw, all of you look beauty and radiant, specially Erin and hubby, look really happy and blessed. I love Calan`s nose is sooooo cute!! I love this boy is so cute!!!! blessings and huggs to all of you, your friend Gloria