Happy Easter Everyone
I am so thankful for my Savior, Jesus Christ and all He did for you and me.
I am so thankful for the sacrifice He made for us so we can be found worthy to return to live with Him and our Heavenly Father again one day.
...
...
Marie has posted "One Solitary Life" today. I hope you will go to her post and read it.
I know that God loves us.
I know He answers our prayer because the prayer of my heart has been answered this week.
After years of pleading with the Lord that my Erin could have her lifelong desire to be a mother granted.... our prayers have been answered.
...
...
A sweet birth mom 's heart was touched.
She listened to the promptings of the Spirit.
She felt the longing in Erin and Patrick's hearts to become parents.
She was sorry for the void in their lives of being childless.
She knew in her heart that they would love her child more than words can express.
...
She knew in her heart that they would love her child more than words can express.
...
She knew that they could give her precious babe a better home than she could provide at this time.
She loves her sweet baby so much that she found the courage to give him up.
Calan went from God's arms... to her arms....to ours.
...
...
Could there be any greater act of love than that shown by our birth mom?
No... I think not.
Dear Birth Mom there are no words to express our gratitude and love for you.
How fitting your loving act took place at this Easter time when we honor God, our Heavenly Father, for giving us His son because He loved us.
How fitting that we thank you as we also thank our Lord for giving us his life because He loves us.
...
Our little Calan came home from Primary Children's Hospital Friday afternoon. It was hard having him there for 4 days, but we were thankful for the good care he got.
Erin and Patrick stayed by his side night and day.
We are so happy that we have this sweet baby home from the hospital now and that he is doing well.
This is our best Easter Ever!!!
I plan attend church with Lynell's family later today.
We are buddies and have a special bond since I was adopted too.
We just hung out and had a good visit together.
Calan had lots to tell me. This is what he said.
"I'm glad that my mommy got me all cleaned up for Easter"
"I just love it when she washes my hair"
"Thanks mom, that felt so good... and don't I look cute!!"
"I have lots to tell my daddy too. Hey dad... do you think we could dye some Easter eggs?"
" I will try to stay awake while we color the eggs."
" OK folks, those eggs will do nicely for my first Easter egg hunt."
"Then of course you had to get me all dressed up for our first family Easter picture."

"The Easter clothes Grammy got me are size 0-3 months and are way too big....but I didn't want to hurt her feelings so I wore them anyway. (Grammy says that they looked little in the store.)"
"Everyone keeps ooing and ahhing over me.... I guess that is because they have prayed so hard for me to come into their family....and I am so CUTE!!!
"They took so many pictures that I fell asleep before I got to open my Easter Basket. Oh well, there is plenty of time for that a little later... my family doesn't mind...
Calan had lots to tell me. This is what he said.
"The Easter clothes Grammy got me are size 0-3 months and are way too big....but I didn't want to hurt her feelings so I wore them anyway. (Grammy says that they looked little in the store.)"
...they think I am their little Miracle...and they are content just to sit and look at me."
"My mommy will post more pictures of me later today. You can go to her blog to see more of me."
...
Life is good.
Life is good.
We all feel greatly blessed and thankful this
wonderful Easter Day.
Happy Easter one and all.
Happy Easter one and all.
Love, Lura








27 comments:
Hi this is Amanda HAPPY EASTER I just love the baby it is SOOOOOO CUTE Well see ya love Amanda
HAPPY, HAPPY EASTER to the new little family. What a gift of love.....LOL
what a sweetie! No Easter could be better!
Lucky little guy to get such a great grammy! They make a darling little family.
Happy Easter!
And, wow, can't you just see the joy in their faces!
Oh Lura! That was so special seeing Calan's first Easter. What a special blessing he is. I am so thrilled for your family that Erin and Patrick finally have their baby home with them. I got all teary reading this. Of course after my sepcial day yesterday, new babies will do that to me!
Enjoy each moment you have with your new miracle!
hugs, Linda
I can't think of a better Easter gift.
And what a cute one!
Do you know how hard it is to read your post and look at the photos when your face is "raining"?
Hard.
Thanks for sharing little Calan with us!
Congratulations!!!
I haven't cried such happy tears in a very long time. What a special Easter memory for your family. I'm so glad to see that you were well enough to enjoy the day. Happy Prayers and Blessings to you ALL!
Happy Easter to this special and lovely family, and Lura and special blessings to Calan!!!! I love him!!!! xxxGloria
i'm so happy to hear calan is doing better and home!! yea! i bet this was one of the most wonderful easters EVER. and that lil guy will definitely always know he is loved-he is so blessed to come into your family with wonderful parents, grandparents, aunts, uncles, and cousins to love him! and i agree, what a great sacrifice of love the birthmom made on his and erin & patrick's behalf. calan will thank her for it someday as she made the right choice for his well being.
happy easter my dear friend! i'm so glad it was a wonderful one!
Love those pictures, thanks for posting so we can all see how adorable he is! Can't wait to meet the little man in person!
Oh my goodness. What a gift. I'm in tears reading this. So happy for your family. Thank you for letting me know! Congratulations!
-Julie
I just loved the little dialogue! I'm so happy that he's home from the hospital, and especially before Easter. He's such a beautiful boy!
Adorable! Calen is Adorable. The words he said are Adorable. The photos with Mommy and Daddy are Adorable.
I am so thrilled for your family.
We were talking about your miracle over our Easter dinner tonight. We are all so happy for your family. He is a very blessed little boy to be given to Erin and Patrick.
I am so sad that my post doesn't show up. It is wonderful. Oh, well.
Who could ask for more? What a wonderful Easter blessing! I am so happy for Erin and Patrick and your whole family. I can hardly wait to see him in person!
Auntie Sil
BEautiful post Lura!! I am smiling with joy as my heart spills over with love for you and Erin and Patrick and wee little Calan. What a beautiful family and I rejoice with you in this most beautiful gift and sacrifice. God bless Jenny for helping to make all of your dreams come true for Erin and Patrick, and their dreams too. I praise God for answered prayers and for the beautiful gift of the atonement! I love you my dear sweet friend. I have to say that the joy you have shown us in these beautiful photos is tangible and so very beautiful to see! I send love and hugs. XXOO
PS it going to be hard for you to return home after all this excitment!
Looks like you had a Happy Easter and what an adorable baby boy!! Congrats!
Yeah! Yeah! Yeah! Congratulations to your entire family! We are just so happy for you and know that you are truly blessed - and baby Calan is blessed to be welcomed into such a loving family where he will be raised to know the Lord. God Bless you all!!
How wonderful he got out in time for Easter! Happy Easter to you--it looks like the Bunny brought you a great gift!
He sure is a beautiful baby Lura, I'm so happy he is doing better now and can be home with his new family. Everyone looks very happy!
IT is a good day! And as soon as I'm sure my kids are over their sicknesses, I am running over there to visit him!
I have tears of joy in my eyes! Could Erins smile be any bigger? I think not! I loved how you described adoption being like God giving us his son! I never thought of it that way! What a huge blessing this easter for you and your family! I am soooo Happy for you and Erin and Patrick! What a blessing! Congrats again! Lots of love, Kelsi
You sure did have the best Easter ever. I love your gift also, who wouldn't.
I'm so happy for you Lura. Your grandmotherly pride and joy come shining right through your words. Thanks to God for Calan's safe homecoming.
love, Angie, xx
Hi Lura,
I'm happy to hear the good news about Calan.
I wish you all the best to you and Erin and her little family.
Fall has arrived to Patagonia and I'm loving it!
I hope you have a good weekend!
I am so happy for you. What a cute little boy he is. He is truly blessed to be in your wonderful family. I know this was a special Easter for all of you!!
Post a Comment