I have had a lovely week full of smiles.
We worked in the temple two days again this week instead of one.
I got to spend a few days with my good friend, Sil
I finished the two little dresses I was working on.
I actually got around to doing a mid-week post. (A big effort for me.)
We had dinner with Mindy and Family twice instead of once this week.
I got to keep Austin and extra night and day, Fri. night and Sat.
Etc. Etc.
Smiles smiles smiles
...
However, since my Wednesday post was so long....it was a great story.... read it if you haven't yet because it is a sweet story with great advice.... but it is quite long...
I am making this my simple Sunday Six....Mostly pictures...little dialog
...
...
Since I was away from home a lot last week I had much to do when I returned.
I was very busy yesterday and really needed help getting everything done.
My plea for assistance was answered.....by Austin... and thus many smiles were generated.
I think the reasons for smiles are self evident and will need very little explanation.
I had starter that needed to be mixed into bread.
Austin helped me and it is delicious.
If you want the recipe let me know..... Yummy stuff....eating it makes John smile too.
...
After making our bread we headed out to the patios.
It was a warm 85 degrees here....
(Upps... I shouldn't tell Jan... she got caught in a blizzard in Colorado ... her flight was cancelled and she missed the wedding she wanted to attend at Kris's house ... sorry.)
I got help hanging clothes....
...And sweeping up the leaves
I got lots of help watering my thirsty plants
For yesterday she was happy just getting a drink of water.
Austin watered me and himself too.... but hey... it was warm... no harm done... but notice he did have three changes of shirts in one day.
Thanks Austin
...
...
before Austin hurried off to help Grampy with his chores.
Austin helped Grampy mow the grass.
As my friend Marlene would say... I hope you have a blessed week ahead.
Love, Grammy Lura








17 comments:
I've had that friendship bread before and I'd love the recipe. Sounds like you had a great week and I loved your last post.
I'd love the recipe! Your time with Austin reminds me so of my time with my Darien. Don't the little ones make wonderful companions!!! I'm just devastated that we're going to miss each other this coming week, but as we said on the phone (what a TREAT to have you call me), we will meet again one day! And that's a promise!!!
I always love it when my co-worker brings in her friendship bread to share with us. It's so yummy! And what an adorable little helper you have there. And what a hard worker he is too, send him over my way- I have plenty of dishes in the sink that need to be washed. lol Have a wonderful week!!!
How fun! It's so great that you spend so much time with your grandkids!
And that friendship bread is great! Have a wonderful week Lura!
XOXO
Jen
Love all the pictures.
Hey, you forgot to mention that in the midst of this busy week you actually came to my house to see if you could help ME! you are a doll.
Great productive and busy week Grammy! I saw you at church today, but didn't get to say hi! You have a treasure in your little Austin!
Oh Lura, I loved seeing all these pictures of little Austin having such a good time at your place. How blessed you are to be able to get to spend so much time with him! Your smile makers always make me smile too! Isn't it wonderful how that works out! I would love the recipe for the friendship bread. It looks fabulous!! I shall miss you when you are in Utah, but we could still find time to chat on MSN??? One can dream! There is always e-mail as well. I Love you loads and loads and send lots of hugs and kisses to you my sweet and special friend! XXOO
Such delightful photos, Lura...You Austin is a super-sweetie-pie!Friendship bread...many a year since I had or made that! Thanks so much for stopping by to see me...I appreciated your kind words very much! :o) Happy Days to you all ((HUGS))
I want the recipe! Por favor! I love the picture at the end with ya'll snuggled up in the chair. Too cute!
Hi this is Amanda. Hi i love co-workers when i need them like my sisters love amanda
Awwwwww that last picture says it all Lura - that is perfection! You sound like the best Grammy!! And Grampy looks pretty special too!!
Have a great week - hugs, Linda
wow, that austin sure is a hard little worker!! what a cutie:) he is so blessed to have his grandparents so close. those grandkids will have so many fond memories of you guys. i know my kids do! i know i've said this before, but they seriously mention you guys a couple of times a month(at least!). they can't wait to go back to your house someday! and i can't either:)
also, i had friendship bread for the first time last year. it is sooo delicious! yum.
have a great week!
Oooh yes, yummy. It sounds like the recipe that was doing the rounds here a few years ago. Yu had to have a starter for that too, only we called it a 'plant' - we Brits just like to be different! Oh and we called it Friendship Cake instead of bread - a rose by any other name? It fizzled out here because people stopped sharing the plant. If you know how I can make a plant perhaps I can start it going again.
love, Angie, xx
What a great week you had. And, such a good little helper!
Friendship bread is delicious. I know I've seen the recipe and the idea of leaving all that stuff out is a little weird...and having to remember to do all something to it every day.
I love all your great pics of not only your darling grand kids, but of your warm weather!
That bread looks yummy (I think I've made that kind before), and it looks like you had quite the little helper there! ♥
Thanks for your comment. I just haven't had nearly as much time to visit & comment on other blogs lately. Trying to learn to balance my time according to how the Lord wants me to order my days. But I do treasure all my friends, including the ones in blogland! {{hugs}}
I'm not even done raising my kids yet and yet your blog makes me long to be a grandma.
Post a Comment