Dear Blog Friends,
John and I are in Utah visiting family. We just got back from camping in beautiful Wyoming. We love it there. The scenery is breathtaking. I don't think that heaven will be much prettier than Wyoming.
We told th...
On our first run it was cold, windy and rainy all the way down the river. I was freezing by the time our truck picked us up. The rest of the runs were much nicer weather.
...
Grampy and I were happy that we old timers survived.
...
...
Austin was too small to raft with us but he had fun exploring.
...
...
I had so much fun with my girls. (Lynell is not in this picture because she was the photographer.) I missed our son, David. He was not able to get away from work at this time and bring his family.
...
At night we all got together and sang around the campfire. There was over 50 of us.
One night we get cleaned up the best we can and go into Jacksonhole to eat and attend the great show at the Bar J Chuckwagon Ranch.
...
Lynell and Patrick were our best
photographers. Lynell got the great shots of the raft in the rapids.
Before we knew it, it was time to leave. We had sooo much fun. Thanks Erin and Patrick for insisting that we come this year.
I always think it is fun driving down State line Road with Idaho on one side and Wyoming on the other....

It was 9:30 p.m. by the time we reached the Utah border but as you can see it was not quite dark yet.
On the way back we stopped and spent the night with our dear friends, the Doneys, who moved from CA to Utah. We surely miss them but we can see why they love living in rural Utah.
...
We had a nice visit with them. Dee made us a fabulous breakfast.
Dee and Fran have a wonderful view from their back porch.
...
We said goodbye to Dee and Fran and came on to Lynell and Dathan's lovely new home. (They have only been in it 3 weeks and Lynell has already made it really pretty and homey.) Mindy and Ernie are still here so we are having fun together. I'll make the rest of our trip the subject of another post.
...
If I can get back on the computer tomorrow I will get caught up on making comments to all of you. I read several of your posts today but didn't have enough time to make many comments. If I can't find time tomorrow I will soon.... I promise... I surely appreciate all of you that commented on my last post for Erin and wished her happy birthday. I hope that you all have a great day.










29 comments:
Looks like so much fun - one of these years maybe we'll get to go again!
that trip looks awesome! i've never been to idaho or wyoming but from the pics, i want to go NOW! you are one tough grammy to be riding the rapids! :) i'm so glad you survived AND had a great time. i've missed you blogging-the blogging world isn't the same without you! hope the rest of your trip is super fun. lots of love~hoLLy
I agree with Holly. You and your husband are very tough and brave! I've never done anything like that before. It's neat that you guys got to go to your family reunion. What a beautiful place Wyoming is. Thanks for sharing with us!
What fun! Sign me up for the next trip!!!
I loved your pictures - the scenery is so beautiful but more than that, it's so good to see families spending time together and just enjoying each other. Blessings, marlene
How wonderful! That countryside is absolutely amazing. Our family does the same about every five years in Vernal Utah on the Green river. Between the rapids, floating down the river and laughing and loving every minute of it!! You look so happy surrounded by your family!
Looks like you had a great time! The rafting looked like tons of fun! And, it's always nice to see your family!
i see you got your slideshow working-yea! its great!
I am amazed at your brave self going down the rapids. I most definitely would have bailed out I'm too chicken. Great times had by all and I love seeing the pictures of our God's great country. So awesome.
what a wonderful holiday you have had Lura! Much more exciting than ours! Ours seems quite boring in comparison! I have loved reading about it and seeing all the photos. What I wouldn't give to have the opportunity to go on a family holiday like that with my children and their families. You are sooo blessed!
hey grammy that was a great post. The pictures were great, it's also a good thing that you guys could stay after we were at the river to before you leave though you need to give me some of the pictures from the river k talkto you soon love ya.
that last one was from your john boy.
what a fun family reunion & how scary--one of my biggest fears is death by water, so I think rafting wouldn't be a good idea for me :) looks like ya'll are having lots of fun!
I can. not. imagine.
It looks very scary and very fun all at the same time.
The camping actually looked pretty fun too.
How blessed you are to be able to vacation with most of your extended family.
I can only hope for vacations like that with my kids.
What a fun trip! And I agree, Wyoming is gorgeous! Idaho, too.
Enjoy the rest of your trip. And I'll look forward to seeing more photos later!
how fun! It sounds like you are having a great time with your family. Great pictures!
What a great trip! Aren't you glad you came?? We sure are!
You sure were brave to go down the river, especially when it was raining and cold! Dad was sure brave to stand up cowboy style through some of those rapids!
Love you guys!!
It's always so much fun to spend time with the people who mean the most to you. I love family reunions, unfortunately I wasn't able to attend the last couple that we had though. The pictures look beautiful! And I'm impressed that you went rafting through those crazy rapids. You're brave!
from the pictures it looks like your trip was awesome. wyoming is beautiful...just a short step away from heaven.
What a fun tradition. And there is no way that you are too old.
Ahhhhhhh Makes me a bit home sick for the mountains......I grew up in Coeurd' Alene Idaho.....
Idaho, Montana, Wyyoming...Utah....ahhhhhh so great!
Glad you are back and "You Rock" going on the rafting trip!!
It was so wonderful having you visit. I am so glad that Erin talked you into coming up. How awesome that you and Dad went down the river. The kids had so much fun with you both. Thanks for all that you do for our family. We hated saying goodbye. XXXOOO Lynell
I think it is so great that you guys have kept up this tradition for so long, especially with the gas prices!! What great pics, and loved the slide show!
I'm back on my computer now, and have posted 3 new posts, trying to catch up.
XOXO
WOW that looks beautiful. You always hear how pretty it is.
THat is one thing I tell my hubby now. When our kids are all grown I want them to all neet up for family holidays . Can't wait for those times.
Helloooo! Aw, I missed you sooo much =]
Wow, you did rafting?? It seems so amazing...
I am so glad you have such a nice family and you love so much each other =]
You are all so happy in the photos and I like them all so much, especially the ones with the rafting =D
Loooots of hugs and kisses and thank you so much for the prize again. I was so glad when I read that post, really =]
:*
My goodness--what a lot I've missed over the past couple of weeks when I thought I was busy!
What a gorgeous trip and I so envy you going whitewater rafting. I've canoed down the Russian River near here, but your trip looks awesome. It's so wonderful that you can do so many fun things with your family. I bet they love you for getting right in there with them!
I had a good time with you and grampy. It was fun at the river.
Wow, you are brave. I would be hanging on to that raft for dear life. Beautiful family and pictures! Love the slide show you created.
it looks like you had a blast this is amanda mingl rememmber love amanda mingl ps it is more fun with loni
Post a Comment