Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Awards Wednesday...And the winners are:





I've been loved


I've been put on a love list, several tagged lists, 8 about 8 lists, my favorites list, 10 things list and been given the two beautiful awards pictured below. Krystyn also educated me on blog award rules....did you know that there are blog award rules???..... If you don't already know them these are the rules Krystyn listed for us to follow:
Blog Award Rules
...
1. Chose 5 blogs that you consider deserving of this award for their creativity, design, interesting material, and also contribute to the blogging community.
2. Each award has to have the name of the author and a link to his/her blog.
3. Each award winner has to show the award and put the name of and link to the blog that presented her/him with the award.
4. The award winner and one who has given the prize has to show the link of Arte Y Pico blog so everyone will know the origin of this award (or the " You rock" link or my link if you are giving out one of my awards)
5. Show these rules.


Krystyn from "Really are you Serious" gave me this lovely Arte Y Pico award. Krystyn is really quite amazing. She lives in Atlanta, Georgia . She is a high school chemistry teacher with a darling little 1 1/2 year old daughter and one on the way. Besides teaching school and being a wife and mommy she designs pretty blog pages through her Kizzy Designs business. Be sure to check out her blog.

http://reallyareyouserious.blogspot.com/

...

...

Today I would like to pass this award on to CHRISTINE from "Olive Lucy". Christine and her husband Watson live in Staten Island, New York. Last August their beautiful little Olive Lucy was stillborn. My heart goes out to her since my Lyle was stillborn years ago. She is working to get legislation passed that stillborn babies in New York can be recognized as a"person" and get a birth certificate in that state. Good Luck Christine. Christine is now expecting another baby. While this child can not take Olive Lucy's place I know that Christine will be comforted when her arms are no longer empty. Drop by her blog and wish her well.

http://clownbaby.blogspot.com/
...

Wendi from "Because Wendi said so" gave me this "You Rock"award. Wendi is really the one who rocks. She lives in North Carolina. She is the mother of three cute kids, one of whom is named "Claire Bear" like my Claire. Wendi is a great writer. She reminds me of Irma Bombeck. She is down to earth and funny. I guarantee her posts will put a smile on your face.
...
...


Today I would like to pass on this award to CINDERELEN who is an 18 year old little gal from Greece. She rocks! She is good and kind and going through all the difficult stuff that teenagers face today. She has a good heart. I wish that she had been one of my students. Drop by and tell her hello.
...

...
When Wendi gave me my award she said that she had been an "award hoarder". She said that she'd been guilty of getting awards but not sharing them.
...
Well so have I.... but I am repenting!
...
From now on..... well that is my intention anyway.... I will have:

"AWARD WEDNESDAY"

I will give out much coveted I'm sure(hee hee) "Blog Awards" as well as try to get to the various lists I've been asked to respond to. So be sure to check in with me on Wednesdays. You may be my award pick of the day to receive one of the above awards or one of my own award creations which are listed on my side bar. Today I am giving out the following:




This is my Good "Teachin" Award. I give it to bloggers who teach me or others something useful. Today I am giving this award to a new blog friend named Jenn.

Jenn and her husband Jake do amazing things like being in a triathlon. I choose her today because she taught me how to make great fireworks designs. Take a look.



This is my patriotic award given to those who show love of their country on their blogs through pictures, poems, stories etc.

My first first patriotic award winner is:





Mandy and Ken are the parents of 5 good kids. I gave her this award today because I love the nice patriotic pictures she has just posted. I think no matter what country you live in you need to be patriotic. Thanks Mandy.

http://4-everfam.blogspot.com/

...

My Blog Angel Award is for those posts that inspire me to be a better person either through their inspirational or spiritual posts or through their humanitarian service.

Today this award goes to JAMIE of "Life and Love in Rose Cottage". I talked about Jamie on my post about my stillborn baby, Lyle. Jamie belongs to the NILMDTS organization that takes pictures of dying or dead babies for the family to keep. What a difficult job that would be. How I wish someone like her had been there when we lost our baby.

...

http://jamiescottage.blogspot.com/
...


My Blog Buddies Award is for my bloggy buds that are always there for me. They leave me comments regularly and are friends in every aspect of the word....except that I've never had the pleasure of actually meeting them. If I do ever get to meet them in real life, I know that we will be great friends.

Today I'm giving this award to HOLLY from "My Kids Say I'm Silly".
...
...
Holly lives in Texas with her husband Joey. She has 3 darling little girls. Holly posts are full of cute family pictures and demonstrate family values. She has adopted me as a bloggy grammy even though her kids have great grandparents of their own. She has introduced several of her family members to my blog. I love hearing from them. I can always count on Holly to make a sweet comment. If it works out I am hoping to meet her (for real) soon.
...



My GOOD "COOKIN" AWARD is for my blog friends that post great recipes... those mouth watering kind that I can't wait to try out.


...

Today I am giving this award to MARIE from "A Year from Oak Cottage" Marie is a chef in England. She is amazing. She actually deserves all of my awards. She posts wonderful recipes complete with pictures everyday....but the best part is she also feeds my soul with inspirational stories. I love Marie and I know you will too. My daughter Lynell told me about Marie about a month before I actually went to visit her in England. (I had blog passport problems..hee hee) I should have listened to Lynell sooner. Once I visited her blog I've gone back everyday for my dose of "Marie" She is wonderful and I know you will love her too.
...
...


Well that is my awards for this week. Congratulations. You can all now say that you have won a "GRAMMY AWARD". (This was as hard as being on the scholarship selection committee that I told you about a few posts ago. ) I have so many more that I want to give out but time will not allow. (I started this post about 10:00 a.m. It is now well after lunch time and I haven't made my hubby breakfast yet....yes, I usually make him breakfast but not today...blog creativity takes time) Don't cry if you didn't get a Grammy award this week. Be sure to check my new award list next Wednesday..... I will probably pick you! ('cause you know that you deserve it too)

Today's "Grammy" award winners please pass on your award with my link. Also, post your award on your side bar for all the world to see...
Unless of course you :

1. are too shy and humble (which is unlikely since you are a blogger)
2. have real awards and think mine are dumb
3. don't have real awards but still think mine are dumb
4. didn't read my post and have no idea you got this award
5. couldn't care less
6. all of the above

Have a great day all of you happy bloggers out there. Be sure to drop by my post and say "Hi" because I am already starting my next weeks awards list. I know you just can't wait to see who will win. Love ya, Grammy


P.S. This is note to my blogging children--No one else read this part:


Dear Lynell, Erin ,Marla and assorted grandkids. I'm sure you all know that I think your posts are the VERY, VERY,VERY BEST in the WHOLE WORLD and YOU ALL DESERVE EVERY AWARD but,I didn't want to appear prejudice. (If any of the rest of you read this, it's not my fault... I warned you.)

21 comments:

Sheryl said...

Too cute! I have never heard of Blog awards before. I must say your blog and those that you mentioned do give amazing inspiration. I on the other hand being some what of a rookie, and just discovering my style. I hope it develops as time goes by. Thanks for the fun post today!

Jamie {See Jamie blog} said...

THANK YOU! That made my bloggy day!

Megan said...

you were so funny with that last list! how awesome to make some awards!!!

Megan

Kori said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

Good job passing on the blog love! It's hard to give out awards, isn't it?

Kristen said...

Congrats to all of the winners!!

Much deserved all around!

Happy Wednesday! :)

Heather said...

Wow Grammy you have a great following from all over the place!

I am going to take you up on a swim soon! I will call you!

hoLLy said...

you are so sweet! thank you so much. that made my day. i'll put it on my side bar soon:) i think blog awards are totally fun and i'm honored you picked me as your buddy!

Erin said...

Multiple awards given out by my darling mother and I did not even get an honorable mention... not even a runner up? Sigh... I may need some therapy for this (hee hee)!

You picked very inspiring blogs that I love and read on a daily basis.

I'll just have to work harder in the future! (wink!)

Grammy Staffy said...

Sweet Erin, I know that this has been tramatic for you, but before you make an appointment with your therapist read the p.s. at the bottom of my post...I can tell that you were so upset that you didn't get an award that you couldn't finish reading the post. If you can't sleep tonight give me a call.(Hee Hee... you are so funny Erin.)

No one else read it though. It is a secret.

Grammy Staffy said...

Erin I meant to say Traumatic instead of tramatic but I'm sure you knew that.

Lynell said...

Such cute awards and I love all the great links. It is so fun to find all these wonderful people in the blogging world. You are awesome!

Mandy said...

Thank you for including me in your blog awards! I didn't even know such a thing existed. Your blog is so fun to read. I laugh, I cry, i'm learning so much about you, it's great!

Jenn Boerger said...

Thanks for the award! I never heard of them, and am just thrilled you thought of me! Here's to new friends. =)

Wendi said...

Congratulations on your awards!
Much deserved.
Congratulations to all the recipients too!

I hope poor Erin recovers.
Let me know if I need to send flowers.

Marie Rayner said...

Thanks so much Grammy!!! You made my day TOO! I am humbled and blessed that you would see me worthy of any kind of award! XXOO

PS. I couldn't help myself. I Just had to read the last part! I know, I'm a nosy parker!

StitchinByTheLake said...

How in the world did you dream up all thos awards? I love it - I have not one tiny bit of creativity about that kind of stuff! You are a thoughtful lady. Blessings, marlene

Patty said...

These awards are the cutest!! What a fun idea. I checked out a few of the blogs and they all really deserve it.

Helen mdk said...

Oh my gosh!! I am so happy!!!! Thank you so much, you are very kind, sweet, supportive, caring and good person =]
Thank you so much =]
My sister is bored and yelling at me right now so i got to go but i will drop by in august 1st i promise =]

** Lots of hugs and kisses :*

Olive Lucy said...

lura- can you email me... go to my profile.

thanks for the award

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.