
Consider all the worlds Thy Hands have made;
I see the stars, I hear the rolling thunder,
Thy power throughout the universe displayed.
...
Then sings my soul, My Saviour God, to Thee,
How great Thou art, How great Thou art.
Then sings my soul, My Saviour God, to Thee,
How great Thou art, How great Thou art!
...
I love this beautiful hymn, How Great Thou Art, with lyrics by Carl Gustaf Boberg
and Stuart K. Hine.
As we traveled 2,349 miles through parts of California, Nevada, Arizona, Utah, Idaho and Wyoming the melody and words of this hymn kept running through my mind.
...
As I viewed the pictures posted by Marie at http://ayearatoakcottage.blogspot.com/ of the beautiful English countryside, and by Cinderelen at http://cinderelen.blogspot.com/ of the lovely scenery in Greece again this hymn played in my mind.
I am in awe of the beautiful world God created for us.
...
When through the woods, and forest glades I wander,
And hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees.
When I look down, from lofty mountain grandeur
And see the brook, and feel the gentle breeze.
Then sings my soul, My Saviour God, to Thee,
How great Thou art, How great Thou art.
Then sings my soul, My Saviour God, to Thee,
How great Thou art, How great Thou art!

The raging rapids of Wyoming's Snake river
The beautiful scenery in Wyoming and Idaho
And even though I prefer the sea shores or mountains, the sprawling deserts of Nevada and California
Testify to me of the greatness of our God and His wonderful creations.
I know that this beautiful world could not have come to be by chance or accident. I know that a loving God made this world for us and placed us on it. I am thankful for it and appreciate it in all it's diversification and splendor.
...
We traveled the 2,349 miles through these states in the comfort of our little Toyota Prius going 70 to 80 miles an hour, with the air conditioning running, bottles of cold water in our cooler and our favorite CDs playing on the stereo. Stopping for food or convenience whenever we wanted to. Enjoying the view and the ride as we sped from place to place.
As we traveled we saw historic landmarks all along the way. I thought of the thousands of pioneers that traveled on foot, a few miles a day, in the blazing heat and freezing cold, in covered wagons and pulling hand carts often with little food or water. ( This is a picture of my daughter Erin as she and Patrick went on a handcart trek this last June.)
...
We celebrated Pioneer Day on the 24th of July in Utah. I am thankful to those pioneers that did so much and set such a good example of faith and courage for us to follow. When I start to grumble or think my lot is hard, I hope I will stop and remember the sacrifices made by our forefathers.( and "foremothers") I hope I will realize how easy and comfortable my life is and how blessed I am to live in this amazing day. When the pioneers left family and friends it was usually forever. Now my family and friends that live in other states are only a plane ride, car trip or blog click away. What a blessing!
...
I feel grateful and blessed that we have had the health, strength and means to make this trip, see these beautiful sights and enjoy being with our dear family. I will share a little more about our trip in a future post.
I send my love to all of you. I hope that you too are enjoying our beautiful world where ever it is that you live. Until next time may God be with you. (((Hugs))) Grammy Lura










17 comments:
Beautiful post Lura, and not just because you mentioned me, ahem! ;-) That is one of Todd's and my favourite hymns. There is so much beauty in this world . . . no matter where you go. How can anyone not see the hands behind it all and the planning. This did NOT happen by accident. What a foolish thought! Thanks so much for sharing some of the beauty you experienced with us and your lovely spirit which comes through loud and clear each and every time you post! I love you to bits! XXOO
I agree with every word-there is NO way this Earth was created accidentally or "by chance." Those theories are ridiculous! Everytime I visit the mountains or somewhere gorgeous(not here in Dallas:) he he) I am reminded of Heavenly Father's love for us. He created us such a beautiful home. I can't even begin to imagine what else He has prepared for us. Glad to see you had a wonderful and safe trip!
Beautiful post. Nature always speaks to me of the glory and power of God. This would be a great post to include in that "Spiritual Sundays" thing; click here if you want link up to it!
It's true we have a beautiful world here. I love all your pictures. Such great reminders of our fun time together. Thanks sharing your testimony. I love you.
Every part of the world is beautiful in it's own way. We sure love our mountains here in Utah!
What a great post and what a great reminder! We have so much to be thankful for!
Beatiful trip - you were right next door to my state when in WY!! We're practically neighbors. We're hoping to make a trip over there this fall - just breathtaking beauty.
I love that song, too! And you captured it beautifully!
Absolutely glorious! I am missing our annual camping trip this year, as 3 weddings have consumed our vacation dollars! But you have said it beautifully. There is just nothing like spending time with those you love in the beauty God has given us! Welcome home!
Yes, your post was very beautiful. I often find myself in amazement at what our Heavenly Father has created for us. There is so much beauty on this Earth. Thanks for such lovely pictures.
I completely say "Amen" to that! That song often goes through my head to when we travel on our various vacations and even here at home when I enjoy a day at the beach with my kids.
How fun you got to spend all that time with your family. It's fun to see all the pics of them. Your posterity sure is growing!
Dear Lura/Granny, so beautiful post dear and wonderful pictures, what's lovely places really lovelies.And I think how you How a wonderful world!!! yes He made all well with beauty and love!! Blessings to you dear, Gloria
What absolutely beautiful pictures! And that's just about my favorite hymn - though my husband accuses me of saying that at every hymn. :) God does such beautiful work and too often we fail to give Him the credit. Blessings, marlene
what a wonderful set of memories and thoughts from your trip!
Megan
We should have gotten together in Utah!!! Oh well, maybe next trip.
I loved your post! Wow, I still can't believe you were brave enough to get on that raft!!
What a beautiful post Grammy!
I too am grateful for this beautiful world in which we live.
So glad you were able to enjoy such a wonderful trip and visit with family and friends.
How blessed you are.
Glad to have you back in Blogville!
Good for people to know.
Post a Comment