It may say June 27th on this post but it is really after midnight on the 28th. You were born about 3:00a.m. on June 28th so it is almost officially your birthday. I remember so well the thrill and excitement we had welcoming our 51/2 pound little first born into the world. You were actually due in July on our second anniversary but you thoughtfully decided to come a couple of weeks early. I think you didn't want dad and I to have to share our anniversary with your birthday. I also thought it was thoughtful of you to let me finish my student teaching and dad and I graduate together from BYU just before your birth. Your arrival was perfect timing....
You have always been a joy to us and to others. If you don't know my Lynell you can check out her blog. Some days it is funny. Some days it is inspirational. Everyday it is uplifting .
...
I lost a lot of pictures in the flood we had a couple of years ago so I can't post any from your first year, but I will do my best to tell a little about your life with the pictures I have.
You were a precious baby and captured the hearts of everyone around you.
(Sorry about the quality of these first two picture)
You have always been outgoing and friendly and had confidence in yourself. On your first day of kindergarten I drove you four blocks to school, introduced you to your teacher and told you I would pick you up after school. You told me you wanted to walk home with your friends. I told you that none of your friends came home at noon so I would pick you up. You informed me that you would have plenty of new friends to walk home with by noon..... and you did.
You continued to attract friends and be a leader all through your school years.Whether you were singing and dancing in school musicals or being the captain on the color guard you always did your best and stood out in the crowd. Your friendly, optimistic attitude was contagious. In the 80s the company dad worked for went out of business. No one was hiring. The few jobs that were available said your dad was over qualified and over educated and wouldn't hire him. Until he was able to get his credential and start teaching we were having a hard time financially, but you took it in your stride. Instead of complaining and feeling sorry for yourself that you could not get new clothes for school that year, you organized a Deseret Industries and Good Will shopping spree. You took several of your friends ,who's fathers were doctors and lawyers, etc. with you. You made it seem like shopping at DI and Good Will was really a neat thing to do. You all had a great time creating new wardrobes. You even had a "used" clothes fashion show that you and your friends had fun putting on for dad and me. This is just one example of how you tend to make lemonade out of lemons. You always manage to make the best out of difficult situations.
You were a lovely bride inside and out. You found your Dathan during your first year of college. Even though you were barely 19 when you two married in the temple you were ready to take on the responsibilities of being a wife and mother. You have always made your home a beautiful, warm, friendly place that welcomes family and friends.
You have had some very difficult experiences along your life's journey. Each pregnancy was very hard for you because you were always so sick for months. However none was harder than when you were pregnant with Jalen and little Justin, barely 3, caught his arm in the cord of your electric frying pan while you were cooking and pulled the whole pan of boiling oil over on top of his head and hands. Through that terrible ordeal you forgot about how sick you were and stayed by your little son night and day for months. Even though, for a while ,you were in danger of losing him your faith never wavered. During that time I went to be near you. I wanted to be supportive for you but in many ways it was you who was encouraging me.

You are always there to support each of your children. You spend endless hours driving them to classes and practices. You attend every gymnastic, soccer, ball game, karate and dancing event. Your children feel your love and support.

You are a wonderful daughter, sister, wife, mother and friend. You have always loved the Lord and lived righteously. You are raising a great family. Your friends and family adore you. I am so happy and grateful that I have the privilege of being your mother.
You were a lovely bride inside and out. You found your Dathan during your first year of college. Even though you were barely 19 when you two married in the temple you were ready to take on the responsibilities of being a wife and mother. You have always made your home a beautiful, warm, friendly place that welcomes family and friends.
You have had some very difficult experiences along your life's journey. Each pregnancy was very hard for you because you were always so sick for months. However none was harder than when you were pregnant with Jalen and little Justin, barely 3, caught his arm in the cord of your electric frying pan while you were cooking and pulled the whole pan of boiling oil over on top of his head and hands. Through that terrible ordeal you forgot about how sick you were and stayed by your little son night and day for months. Even though, for a while ,you were in danger of losing him your faith never wavered. During that time I went to be near you. I wanted to be supportive for you but in many ways it was you who was encouraging me.Through all the therapy and surgeries that followed for years, I marvelled at your faith and courage and optimistic attitude.


You were there through all of Justin's surgeries to comfort him just as you are always a support for all of your children
You can tackle any job you set your heart on. You've become a great photographer and built up your photography business. The children you teach at the dance studio adore you.
You can tackle any job you set your heart on. You've become a great photographer and built up your photography business. The children you teach at the dance studio adore you.You are always there to support each of your children. You spend endless hours driving them to classes and practices. You attend every gymnastic, soccer, ball game, karate and dancing event. Your children feel your love and support.
They are amazing because you are amazing and always there for them.
And so my dear Lynell, on this day of your birth I want you to know how thankful I am for you. When you were born I had all sorts of dreams and hopes for you. You have become all that I hoped for and more. Thank you for being such a dear daughter. I hope that this will be a wonderful birthday. I wish that dad and I could be there to give you hugs and watch you blow out your candles. Since we are not, we are sending you (((cyber hugs))). (Of course you may not see this for a while since you just moved to your new home and don't have internet yet.) We both send you lots of love. Happy birthday dear.











24 comments:
We are BIG fans of Lynell too! She is so fun to be around, always smiling, laughing and making others feel good just by being around her. Happy Birthday Nell - we love you and miss you!
What a sweet post, and lovely tribute to your daughter! I will go wish her a happy birthday on her blog!
What a tribute to my big sis!
She is the best and constantly amazes me with all she can do.
I remember the days in the hospital with Justin- feeling I was there to support her and our little Justie- but instead it was her strength that got all of us through it.
Happy Birthday! Sure love you Lynell!
That was such a sweet post. Happy Birthday Lynell!!!
Happy Birthday! What a great tribute to you daughter!
What a beautiful tribute to your daughter on her birthday.
I could "feel" your love for her through your words.
I hope I can say all those wonderful things about my children when they grow up.
I can only hope.
And pray.
Happy birthday Lynell!
BTW...I have some bloggy love for you over at my place. Enjoy!
That Lynell is gorgeous! I've never met her but just through blogging, I can agree with what you wrote about her friendliness. Your post just resonates the love and joy you have found in raising her and watching her grow. She is the wonderful person she is because of you! Happy Birthday Lynell!
Also, how hard that must've been with your grandson in the icu:( My husband had something similar happen to him. Basically something blew up in his face when he was about 9. He was in the hospital for awhile and its a miracle hes in as good of shape as he is now. You can't even tell anything happened to him because of his mother tending to him and making sure he was okay. Mothers are truly angels!
Aaaw, happy birthday to her =]
You seem to love her sooooo much =] And u r so proud of her too =]
She is so pretty and as I see in the photos she was lovely when she was younger too =]
ps. I love her hair!
What a beauty! There is nothing like seeing your children grow to walk in righteousness and raise an amazing family. Happy Birthday to you Lynell, and yay mom, see obviously learned so much from you!
You asked about my proximity to Myrtle Beach.
I live in NC.
Myrtle Beach is in SC.
It is only a 3 hour drive for us though.
We love to go to Myrtle Beach.
They will have a great time.
Lots to do!
Dear,Dear what beautiful post!!really beautiful and how amazing and lovely is Lynell, I have to whish a lot of love dear Lynell and blessings to you and your family, you have an amzaing family too and I have to say an so wonderful mother, kisses to you, Gloria
What a beautiful post to a beautiful daughter! I'd say the apple doesn't fall far from the tree...
I love Lynell too! What a wonderful tribute to a much loved daughter. What a wonderful testimony she is to what a wonderful set of parents she must have had. You should be very proud of the wonderful woman your daughter is and the part you played in helping to enable her to be so. I have been a bit absent for a couple of days due to a rather large wedding at the big house where I work, which has included no less than 5 separate parties spanning a 4 day period of time. (350 guests and all largely from out of town) but hopefully things will be back to normal soon. I think I owe you an e-mail my dear friend!
What a lovely post - and a gorgeous family. I'll just pop over and leave her birthday wishes.
love, Angie, xx
She is so beautiful!!
It looks like she learned how to be one fantastic Mama from a GREAT teacher!
What a lovely post to your daughter. I am sure that you made her day in more ways than she can ever tell you.
Thank you again for sharing your wonderful family with us! What a blessing you ALL are!
What a sweet tribute to a wonderful daughter. God has blessed you indeed.
how wonderful to give your daughter such a sweet letter for her birthday! she's very blessed to have a mother like you!
Megan
HAPPY BIRTHDAY AUNT LYNELL!!!!!!!. How are you doing in your new house? Hope to see you soon. Love,E.J.
Happy birthda aunt lynell I hope you had a happy birthday. I love you so much. I cant wate to see you Love claire.
GRAMMY WE LIKE COMING TO YOUR HOUSE. WE LIKE SWIMMING WITH YOU.
Dear Granny I find in Geoogle some things more about Cardamomo; How I said is a indian's spice but is imported by many stores to others country (in our Country I find) I think maybe you will find in McCormick products (are so good) I find too a address to you know more about it: www.johnsonscardamom.com you may se at iternet.
Anyway if you dont find you may use a little of cinnamon. kisses.Gloria
I agree, Lynell is amazing. She has always been one of the friendliest people in the ward and a great example to us new and younger moms. We are going to miss her in our ward!
I finally was able to read your post. I am speechless. You are too kind as only a Mom can be. Everything that I am I learned from you. Thank you for you example and love. I am lucky to be your number one!
Thank you for making my birthday so special. I had such a great day turning 39 again. hee hee
What a beautiful tribute! I just love how well you detailed your daughter's strengths, you are talented with your words, Grammy.
Post a Comment