Sunday, June 8, 2008

Thank you Dear Blogg Friends..Wendi was right.

As I'm sure you could tell, I was really down last Fri. when I published my last post. In fact I was in or near tears most of the day. I'm not sure why???? I think it was a combination of things... I've been concerned about Lynell and David being faced with moves that neither had planned on and really don't want to make... and I guess as the first anniversary of my retirement nears I was feeling sentimental. It seemed to me Fri. that I'd been a failure at my life's work. I'm afraid that I was dwelling on the negative and having a "pity" party.

That is where you all came to my rescue. You have no idea how much your kind comments and sweet concern mean to me, from my darling grandson Justin, (who has never left me a comment before) down to my last comment which was made by Erin. I mean it..... I appreciate everyone of you, sincerely! I felt so low and each comment was like getting a hug from you.

You have all made me feel so much better. I've taken the advice that so many of you gave me and will dwell on the positive instead of the negative. As Kristen said, I will try to not let the memories of the "bad apples" spoil the memories of all the good ones.

Thanks to all of you. I needed to get a lot of those bottled up feelings off my chest and you were there for me. You listened and took time out of your busy day to make a comment so I would feel better. I love and appreciate all of you. See Wendi, you were right. Thank you, Grammy Staffy

11 comments:

Marie Rayner said...

We love you too Grammy Staffy! Friends love to share the good times and feelings as well as the bad. That's when we come in to our own and can do what we do best and that is to help lift you up when you need lifting! Thanks so much for sharing and allowing us to do just that! (((hugs)))Your grandsons comment brought a tear to my eye, I confess. I hope that one day my grandsons feel the same way about me!

Erin said...

I'm glad you feel better! We all need a time to vent! Those down times help us to appreciate the up times in our life. Try to block out those bad memories (if possible:) and remember the students that you know appreciated all you did. Those bad memories will begin to fade... they will!

Love you mama!

hoLLy said...

i'm glad i could help give you a cyberhug:) we all have days where we feel low and can't help but focus on the negative stuff. i do it WAY too often myself. there are some day i feel down and can't even pinpoint why. its always great to have friends or family that can help lift you out of that fog. i'm glad you are feeling better now! the next time you need to vent, blog your vent again and we'll all be here to the rescue:) take care and have a great day!

Megan said...

aren't blogs wonderful? friends in real life and not, all together, to share life with, and they're always so encouraging! i'm sure your family loves reading all your thoughts, too!

Megan

Wendi said...

Glad you are feeling better.
I really do hope it helped.
I would never want writing, blogging, or posting to make you feel sad or low.
Thanks for sharing such personal feelings. I have a whole new appreciation for HS teachers. You. are. amazing!

Sheryl said...

Wow sweet lady, how you bless the lives of all you touch. You are one of the most positive and uplifting souls that there is. I know you always lift me whenever we have spoken. Your kind words and hugs are treasured. I am so glad everyone rallied to let you know how terrific you are!

Silvija said...

You know how much I love you and how many bad times you got me through. Some of those have faded so much that I honestly don't remember them at all! I found an old journal that I had only written in a few times and then lost, and it was written during those difficult times. If I hadn't recognized my own handwriting, I would have sworn I never wrote those things, because they were totally out of my memory. So...the Lord blesses us with good friends to see us through the dark times, and as we get older, a bad memory so we forget those dark times...tee hee.
Thanks, my friend, for being there through many, many dark times, and due to you, (and also old age)I only remember the bright, happy ones.

Patty said...

Thanks for checking out my new blog page. I really appreciate your sweet comments. I read your post from the other day and it made me cry. I am the attendance clerk at the J.H. School where I live and I know there are some children out there with a lot of problems . I am so grateful for The Gospel of Jesus Christ in my life. It has helped me in raising respectful, loving children. We are so fortunate to have it in our lives. I look forward to getting to know you better.

Lynell said...

Mom, your post made me so sad. You deserved better. Glad to know that your spirits are lifted. I love you and I know that so many of your students did you. You were at a tough high school and I know you made a difference in their lives. Just like you have in mine.

Lynell said...

I think I meant did to!

Kristen said...

So glad we could be there for you!

This is why blogging truly is such a blessing some days!

:)