Saturday, June 14, 2008

Come on in blog friends. I have breakfast ready for you.

Good Morning blog friends. You mean so much to me I thought it would be nice to make you breakfast this beautiful Sat. morning.


I thought we would have waffles and fruit. I made the waffles in the heart shaped waffle iron and with the heart shaped measuring spoons (Aren't they just so cute!) that I got for mother's day. With so much "heart" involved, I'm sure that breakfast will be "lovely".


Through all of your sweet comments I feel like I know each of you and have come to love you. You have lifted me up when I've been down and shared with me my family and things that bring me joy. You've invited me into your homes and lives and made me feel like a welcome guest..... always appreciating my comments as I do yours.




So grab a plate and let's eat.















Would you like some berry syrup on your waffles? I got the berries from a wild blackberry vine that John and Austin found growing out in our orchard. I think it is very tasty.











I eat breakfast in the patio almost every day. I love the way the birds serenade me and I get to say good morning to my little vegetable families and my flowers.

Click the video arrow below and come on out and join me.


Thanks so much for dropping by. Before you go be sure to pick a bouquet of my Sweet Peas to take with you.

Have a great day and be sure to drop by again soon. LOL Grammy

21 comments:

Erin said...

Wow... Gorgeous! The house looks fantastic mom! I love it! I wish I could be there with you! I had a bowl of cereal for breakfast... not quite as extravagant as heart waffles with wild berry syrup~ smile!

Love you!

TUTU Monkey said...

Yummmmmmy! I can smell the waffles from here. Count Sarah in for an extra spoonful (or 7)of wild berry syrup too!!

What a sweet post.....thanks:)

Shannon said...

Ooo, we'll be right over. Anything heart shaped must tast better than round. What a beautiful morning.

Tricia said...

Ok, I'm totally green with envy! Dayne and I have wanted to have cherries for a while now, but they're $4/lb. and more! And let's not even talk about blackberries... sigh! I really miss living in CA. Glad you don't take your fresh fruit for granted!

Thanks for this post, it was soooo sweet! I can see how you put love into everything you do. And thanks for your comments on my blog, too, it's always good to hear from you!

hoLLy said...

your backyard looks like a little piece of heaven. and my mouth was watering just looking at the pictures of that lovely breakfast you made. i hope i get to taste it in person soon:) i'm crossing my fingers!

Grandma B said...

Thank you so much for the wonderful breakfast...needless to say, I ate enough to last me a week. The berry syrup was sooooo sweet and I thought it was nice that the berries were home-grown also. Thank you for such a lovely breakfast and outing in your garden. Sorry about forgetting my swinsuit.

Now, about the Sweet Peas...when I was a little girl, I had 25 cents and wanted to buy my Mom some flowers...so I went to a flower shop. When I walked in, the gentleman asked me what I wanted and I told him I wanted to buy some flowers for my Mom. He asked me how much I had, and when I told him 25 cents...the color drained from his face. But...guess what...he gave me a bouquest of Sweet Peas for my Mom and I gave him my 25 cents. What a mark that made in my memory. Everytime I see a picture (or the actual thing) of Sweet Peas, I think of that. So THANK YOU FOR THE MEMORY !!!

Some day I hope to see the actual wall myself. Our grandson (the captain) has applied for a job at the Pentagon, so maybe then.....the Air Force seems to be fast-tracking him. It's just a waiting game now.

I wish Grampy S a Happy Father's Day...and thank you again for the lovely treat. LOL

Mandy said...

I love your patio, and those waffles look really pretty and yummy with that fresh fruit!! Thanks for the invite. As I was watching your little video clip I thought it would be fun if you had your own home and garden show. I'm sure there's not much if anything Martha Stewart could teach you. :)

Baak Talk said...

Thanks for the tour down memory lane! I'm one of those fortunate teens that got to hang out in the beautiful pool and lay out one the goregous patio that Johns spent so many hours building! Mostly, I got to spend time with your wonderful daughter Erin whom I blessed to call my friend!

Many happy mornings of breakfast on the patio to you John & Lura!
~Rebecca

Wendi said...

What a wonderful breakfast!
If it tastes as good as it looks... I am in so much trouble.
I love your patio and pool. I would eat out there every day too.
Have a great Father's Day weekend!!!

Sheryl said...

Thank you for the invitation into your world...just wish I knew sooner, I would have been over! Your heart and your hospitality are warm and sweet,as is your home and yard, thank you friend!

Kristen said...

Whew! What a weekend!

So sorry that I am late for breakfast, but boy! Doesn't that spread just look too delicious! YUMMY!!

We are the ones who are truly blessed. Thank you for being a part of MY blog world! :)

The food is delicious, and the flowers are amazing! :)

Megan said...

how lovely! what a sweet waffle iron! (and, could you send me your countertops in the mail?!)
such a wonderful breakfast- and you should give us the syrup recipe, i've never made berry syrup before- i have to assume it's easy! (and i bet it would work with mullberries, which we have here in sd in great supply...)

we all love you too!

Megan

Marie Rayner said...

Ohhh....I am so sorry that Missed this on Saturday!!! Those waffles look so good and your patio is so delightful! I loved listening to your birdie alarm clock and seeing some of your environment and most of all hearing your sweet voice and feeling your beautiful spirit!! I love, love, LOVE your measuring spoons. I have some friends in American and I always get them things like this from Gooseberry Patch for their birthday's and such, but there is no place like that over here for me to treat myself to. By the way that place where you are catching your cruise ship from is just in the next county and if it was on a weekend or some such Todd and I would so love to be able to meet you and your better half somewhere for lunch or some such! Where does your cruise end up??? If it is back in the UK, why not take a few extra days and come and visit us for a while. We would love to show you around Kent. :-)

Marie Rayner said...

PS- How did you know that Sweet Peas are my most favourite of all flowers!!! Also my lesson with the YW went really well, many thanks for allowing me to share Esmerelda with them!

Helen mdk said...

**Mmmmmmm..... Waaaffles...**
I 'd like some pineapple pleeeease :)
So many nice goodies :D

It's sad that I cant eat nothin in the morning. I just can't get anything down my stomach!
But I would love them for brunch :D

Ris said...

I would love to eat on the patio! Esp waffles. :-) How lovely!! Its too hot here to do that. Great post!

I haven't heard of google reader but how neat! Where do you set that up, I'd love to have notifications. Thanks for your sweet comment! Marisa

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

Man, am I full from that deliciousness!

I've given you an award...head over and check it out.

Jamie {See Jamie blog} said...

Oh, how lovely! I can almost taste it! I'm new to your blog, but followed a comment you left on another blog. Thanks for the wonderful breakfast! Makes me really want to get myself a waffle maker now!

Angie said...

Grammy, what a beautiful world you live in! I wis I had read this before so I could have come for breakfast. Our patio is very very small BUT it's next to the vegetable plot where this year Keith is growing potatoes, carrots, asparagus, green beans and rhubarb and I have lots of herbs in pots. We don't have a pool but it does rain a lot! I love the smell of summer rain, don't you?
love, Angie

Silvija said...

Dear Lura,
When I get back, I will definitely come for breakfast! Thanks for coming and spending some time with me, and thank John for the beautiful pen set for Nathan. What a treasure our friendship is!
Sil

Anonymous said...

i'm gonna make my own journal