Austin and Grampy are buddies.
Austin is having fun wearing Grampy's hat last Sat. at the park.
O.K. I know. You don't have to tell me. I have already been accused of spoiling Austin. There might be a wee shred of truth to that accusation, but what would you do if you were me? We first saw Austin ,after being in Utah for two weeks, at a park on Sat. where we went to see Claire sing with her little song group. He came running up to us with his little arms outstretched, absolutely delighted to see us again.
Austin: "I'm SO excited, Grammy"
Grammy: "I'm excited to see you too, Austin."
Austin: "I'm excited to go to Knott's Berry Farm. "
My ego was slightly deflated but I rallied quickly when he added....
Austin: "I love you, Grammy. I don't like it when you leave home and visit those kids. I'm sad when you're gone."
I tried to explain that Grammy loves all her grandchildren and I need to spend time with them too. To which he replied...... " O.K. Next time I'll go with you." I guess that settled that.
He talked about Knotts yesterday and I told him we couldn't go on Sunday. Then, the first thing he said when I got him out of his crib today was...
Austin: "I'm so excited, Grammy, the sun's up. The trains are awake. It's not Sunday. Lets go to Knott's Berry Farm."
Now I ask you..... could you resist that? Grampy and I couldn't. We ate our pancakes and we all set off for Knott's.

First we went on the trains and the trucks which he loves. Then he decided to try a new ride. I was surprised since he still considers the Merry-go-round too scary.

"I want to ride on the Huff and Puff"
I couldn't believe it. My timid little Austin actually wanted to try something new and adventurous.
"And I'm off.........well, I'm almost off"
Austin is having fun wearing Grampy's hat last Sat. at the park.
O.K. I know. You don't have to tell me. I have already been accused of spoiling Austin. There might be a wee shred of truth to that accusation, but what would you do if you were me? We first saw Austin ,after being in Utah for two weeks, at a park on Sat. where we went to see Claire sing with her little song group. He came running up to us with his little arms outstretched, absolutely delighted to see us again.
Austin: "I'm SO excited, Grammy"
Grammy: "I'm excited to see you too, Austin."
Austin: "I'm excited to go to Knott's Berry Farm. "
My ego was slightly deflated but I rallied quickly when he added....
Austin: "I love you, Grammy. I don't like it when you leave home and visit those kids. I'm sad when you're gone."
I tried to explain that Grammy loves all her grandchildren and I need to spend time with them too. To which he replied...... " O.K. Next time I'll go with you." I guess that settled that.
He talked about Knotts yesterday and I told him we couldn't go on Sunday. Then, the first thing he said when I got him out of his crib today was...
Austin: "I'm so excited, Grammy, the sun's up. The trains are awake. It's not Sunday. Lets go to Knott's Berry Farm."
Now I ask you..... could you resist that? Grampy and I couldn't. We ate our pancakes and we all set off for Knott's.
First we went on the trains and the trucks which he loves. Then he decided to try a new ride. I was surprised since he still considers the Merry-go-round too scary.
"I want to ride on the Huff and Puff"
I couldn't believe it. My timid little Austin actually wanted to try something new and adventurous.
"And I'm off.........well, I'm almost off"
"This is harder than it looks. I can't make this thing go, Grammy. "
"Ah, look at me. Here I go. Upps, I guess the lady was pushing me."
"Push....Pull....Push....Pull .... How come I'm not going faster?"
"O.K. now I get it. Watch out, here I come."
By Austin's third trip around he got the hang of how to do it. So of course he had to go again. I'd say he got plenty of exercise after riding the Huff and Puff four times which is a good thing since we stopped for our traditional chicken nuggets and fries on the way home. But, wait a minute.... I didn't burn off any calories standing there and watching him. I'd better stop blogging and get over to Curves....... Bye bye bloggers...... See ya later. Your grandkid spoiling Grammy. (Aren't I Lucky!!)







11 comments:
Ok that first video clip is hilarious!!! I love how he's moving his little legs faster than his arms... too cute!
I've said it many times before, but he's got you wrapped around his little finger!
I love it!
I bet he slept good......what a cutie pie!!
Good job going to Curves.....I need to start movin again....:)
So cuuuute :D
And the second one was amazing :D
I think the first photo is amazing :)
How adorable! How coulde you possibly resist? There is nothing like this world of being a Grammy! My baby is just too far away, and if he were here, I would join you in the spoiling. Good job Grammy.
I am not saying a word about the spoiling!
I think it is fabulous!
I also think my kids need a trip to Knott's Berry Farm.
I will send them right over!(LOL)
*I am curious where in California you are. My husband served his mission in San Jose.
email me at chadnwendi(at) gmail(dot) com
Oh how cute are you guys! And Austin on the Huff and Puff?? Seriously, too cute! How can you not spoil him so. Plus, isn't that the definition of being a grandparent.
I wanted to say thanks so much for the encouraging words you have left recently. I have to admit that I never thought of using that one picture of Anya on her wedding slide show, but when you said that I thought Ah HA!! Payback! Although I think when she does that she is just too cute!
Sorry it has taken awhile for me to drop by. We've been busy playing outside, and blogging has had to take a back seat! I will add you to my reader, and try to stay more up to date!
Have a great evening!!
awww...this was so sweet! you make me long to live close enough to my grandkids to be able to do these things with them. Maybe some day ... I have never been to Knotts Berry Farm either! But that and Disney world are on my things of want to do somedays!
You were just made to be grandparents. It is so awesome that you are able to spoil your grandkids so. What fun!! I love the videos. He is adorable.
cute, cute, cute...so much energy for a little one...have him bottle the excess, and I will buy a case from him !!! Aren't little kids the cutest...and such fast learners also.
hope all is going well for you and yours. you look like you are keeping busy. we have been helping our grandson and his wife (the Iraq ones) move into their home. am finding it's harder and harder to go faster and faster. think we are both ready for a looooonnnngggg vacation....LOL
I agree with Lynell. You were made to be a grandma. Lucky, lucky grandchildren!
Lucky spoiled boy! Grammy's can never spoil too much!
Post a Comment