All of my smiles this week come from this week of Thanksgiving.
As I told you last Sunday… we celebrate for the whole week not just on Thanksgiving Thursday.
David’s family stayed with us from Saturday until Tues night. (Claire and Austin were staying with us too because Mindy and EJ went with Ernie to Fresno where his high school band was competing in the State Field Show championships. Ernie’s band won first place in the state. Yea Ernie!!!)
We did such fun things. The girls talked me into taking them to see “Catching Fire” I think they did a good job with the movie. We all enjoyed it.
Grampy took us all to a Pizza Parlor.
We gave the kids a bunch of quarters to divide up to play the video games.
Once they figured it out they all had fun playing the games.
Grampy’s pizza idea was a big hit
Claire was singing in LA and had to go to rehearsals 2 days but she sure had fun during the time she could spend with her cousins, Emma and Gracie.
I helped Emma make top and a skirt while she was here. She is fast learner. She was too shy to model her new outfit for you but she did a good job.
We also enjoyed beautiful piano music and Wii games.
The weather was beautiful most of the week so it was lots of fun playing outside…. especially in the hot tub.
This year Dave’s left early to spend Thanksgiving day with Marla’s family. We had a great time while they were here. I’m so glad we got to spend time with our son and his family.
They left Tuesday night but our week was just starting…. We still had a houseful of family and fun to look forward to.
There is way too much to tell you about in this post but I will continue my Thanksgiving smiles next time. My heart is full of them and I can’t wait to share them with you.
I hope that your heart is smiling too. Hugs, Lura







8 comments:
So happy you got to spend time with David and his family Lura. What lovely grandchildren you have and how very blessed you are to be able to spend these special times with them. I have not seen Catching Fire, but have read the book. It seems all your grandchildren are very talented. You and John have a lot to be proud of. Love you both to bits! xxoo
We both know there is nothing better than spending time with family, don't we? Deb and I are in Il right now with Beth, Ryan and Amelia. What a joy grands are.
My heart is certainly smiling Lura when I see such a lovely family all enjoying themselves. As Marie says you and John are right to be proud of your wonderful children and grandchildren...xxx
Did you have time to breathe? Everything sounds just perfect for Grammy.
Lura, you have such a lovely family. I loved all of the pictures and the smiles were all there.
I do hope you are feeling better; you are in my prayers always.
Love, hugs and blessings for you!
So enjoy photos of your beautiful family. What a fun time. "Catching Fire" is on my movie list. Thanks for the review. I am definitely feeling better and getting my energy back. Hope you are feeling better, too, and sending prayers and hugs.
PIzza...movies....sewing...piano. I don't think it could get better than that.
I don't think my grandma would have taken me to Catching Fire...or any movie:) They are so lucky to have you.
Great read, thank you
Post a Comment