Saturday, December 21, 2013

Beach and Hollywood Smiles with family

1a grammy smiles

My Utah family always want to go to the beach (no matter the date) when they come to visit us in California.

1484616_10151848217839296_187606102_o

One of our traditions is to go to the beach the Sat. after Thanksgiving.

1393193_10201106191603977_1346995180_n1456557_10201106192003987_1632650688_n

Erin took these lovely pictures of Loni…..

1461467_10201106191803982_1758101624_n1459960_10201106192283994_1890112427_n

Loni and Claire                                             Ellie and Calan

IMG_2247IMG_2272

I froze last year but the weather was warm this year and we all had a great time.

IMG_2296IMG_2295

Grammy and Grampy                                  Dathan and Lynell

IMG_2304IMG_2306

Mindy and Ernie                                      Erin and Patrick

IMG_2299IMG_2302

We spent a wonderful day at the Santa Monica Pier.

IMG_2289IMG_2290

We played in the water and the sand…

IMG_2268IMG_2284

IMG_2292IMG_2291

And even found some fun ocean critters.

IMG_2311IMG_2312

All too soon the sun was setting and…IMG_2323

It was time to pack up and head home….. but…..

IMG_2326IMG_2328

before we did that, we pretended we were tourists and visited Hollywood.

IMG_2337IMG_2329

We decided to eat at the famous Mel’s Diner…. which is a favorite of the stars.

IMG_2335IMG_2331

From the youngest……

1459216_10152076283385990_994907013_n

….To the oldest (which was Grampy and Me) we all had a great time as we ate dinner and ended our perfect day at the beach …which just happened to be the last day of November. The next day was December 1st. It was time to put away the swimsuits and get out the Christmas tree. …..

IMG_2340

and that is just what we did.

IMG_2342IMG_2353

The next day, December 1st,  we divided up all the Christmas gifts that go Utah….

IMG_2343IMG_2358

The kids packed up their cars….. and….

IMG_2351IMG_2359

… They were off.  What a lovely visit we had. Another Thanksgiving Holiday was over but the sweet memories of it will always warm my heart.

christmas gingerbread man

Christmas will be here in just a few days. I will be back to wish you all a very Merry Christmas with my annual Christmas card post in a couple of days.

christmas love

Until then…. enjoy getting ready for Christmas ….. It really is a magical time. Don’t think about what you will get…..or won’t get…. think about the joy you can bring to others.  That will guarantee you will have a happy holiday.

Merry Christmas and a belated Happy Hanukkah

(I just now realized that Hanukkah started on Thanksgiving this year. I’m sorry that I didn’t wish my friend Carol and any other Jewish readers a  Happy Hanukkah. I thought Hanukkah always fell around Christmas time. Sorry about that and that I missed it.)

Hugs and best wishes, Grammy Lura

 

3 comments:

Marie Rayner said...

I loved all the beach pictures! Looks like the family had a fabulous time! We have lots of seaside resorts here to enjoy, but only in the summer months pretty much. It's far too cold the rest of the year! I look forward to your Christmas post! I always do. Love you much my friend. xxoo

Kris said...

Good morning Lura. What fabulous photos of your day with family at the beach! Such a fun tradition!
Merry Christmas to you and yours!!
xo Kris

LeAnn said...

What a wonderful family adventure at the ocean. I loved all the pictures; you have a wonderful family. I loved seeing more pictures and happy moments with them.
Blessings dear friend~