You may have noticed probably didn’t notice that 2 of my grandsons were missing from our family Thanksgiving gathering….. but they were not with us. I missed them both very much but they both had great reasons for being gone…. both of them were out of the country.
Our 17 year old, Johnny was in Mexico.
He was 1 of 4 boys chosen from the USA Junior National Gymnastics team to compete in this international competition. This was his first time to represent our country in international competition. He felt a great weight on his shoulders to do well and not let his team or his country down.
I guess you can tell from the big grin on his face that his team did well. USA took first place and brought home the gold. This is one happy Grammy. Way to go USA boys! His goal is to be in the next Olympics. I hope he makes it. He is off to a good start.
Johnny’s 19 year old brother Jalen, is in Chile serving the Lord as a Mormon Missionary.
He has been in Chile about 6 months. He was just transferred to the beautiful city of Puerto Montt in southern Chile. He has pretty well mastered the language and feels much more at home now that he can communicate well in Spanish. I know that God is blessing him as he serves the people of Chile. (If you would like to learn more about our missionary program click HERE or go to mormon.org )
These 2 grandsons were not with us this year but they were both close to us in our thoughts. Thinking of them makes my heart smile…..
Thinking of any of our sweet family makes my heart smile. I can’t wait to tell you about our fun day at the beach….. but that will have to wait until another time.
I hope that you are doing well. Are you getting ready for the holidays? I have most of my Christmas stuff done….. Yeah.
Have a great week. Hugs, Grammy







4 comments:
Way to go Johnny and Jalen! We have a missionary serving here at the moment who was a gold medalist in the last Olympics here in the UK, on Tahiti's rowing team. He never told us that, but somehow we found it out. These are amazing young men and women, these fabulous missionaries, who give up so much to serve the Lord. I truly admire each and every one, and the families they leave behind. I know we will see Johnny in the Olympics one day. Love you all! xxoo
I know how proud you are of these 2 fine young men...I'll keep them in my prayers.
I was remembering that Jalen was away on mission duty ( I oft keep him in my prayers ) but had forgotten where JOhnny was...That is brilliant that he an dthe whole team did so well. It would be brillinat if he were to be chosen for the next olympics...imagine having someone close to our hearts who is actually "in" the US Team...we can all just keep praying that he succeeds in all he aims to do..
I have loved your smiles these last few weeks..
I am almost ready for Christmas, in the morning Mary and I must pop into Chippenham our nearest little shoppig town to finish the list and then hopefully finish the wrapping in the afternoon..It will be a quick visit as the forecast is for heavy rain and gales
much love winging it's way west to you all xxx
I can see why you would smile on this one. I am excited because my grandson turned his mission papers in. I am so excited for him.
There is really nothing like having a missionary in the field.
I do pray that your sweet grandson will make the Olympics. I can't imagine that he won't. I see lots of smiles on this one,
I wish I could say that I am through with the Christmas bussiness; but I am not
Blessings, love and hugs for you dear friend.
Post a Comment