Sunday, December 22, 2013

The Best Part of Christmas... from me to you

Dear Blog Friends
This is my Annual Christmas Card to you.

 Even though I have not been as good about leaving comments
on some of your blogs this past year,
I do stop in to check on you from time to time
and think of you often with best wishes.
I wish you all the very best Christmas and
a very Happy New Year 2014.


.

The Best Part of Christmas
...
Here is the 4th annual posting of the Christmas poem I wrote for you.

I hope you enjoy reading it again.


The house is decked out
with lights on each tree
























With flowers and presents
and much greenery
.



We have new decorations
and the old ones so dear
are out of their boxes
and up for the year.

Each table is set
awaiting the feast






of turkey and dressing,
of ham and roast beef

































There will yams and potatoes
and gravy galore















and veggies and salads
and desserts and more.












But the sweetest things
that this season does bring
is not the goodies or bobbles
or pretty sights seen....














It's not the gifts or the parties
or good shows on TV
that are the best part of Christmas
for you and for me.

 The best part of Christmas
is the feeling of love

That we have for family and friends
and our Savior above
...
It's the thought of Angels
and Shepherds




and the bright star they saw




...
and a wee Babe and His mission
that fill us with awe.
...






As we reflect
on our abundance and cheer
Let us remember
The reasons we're here
...
Let us love one another
and try with our might
to keep His commandments
and do what is right.
...

May the spirit of Christmas
we are feeling today
linger all year
and in our hearts stay.
...
Merry Christmas from our home to yours.
...










We love the Lord and enjoy this season when we celebrate His birth. I hope that all of you have a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year
Hugs, Grammy Lura

5 comments:

LeAnn said...

I loved your poem and lovely pictures.
Merry Christmas to you Lura and your dear hubby and family.
Love you much and blessings to you all!

Gloria Baker said...

Desr Lura your poem is besutiful!
I hope you have a lovely abd Merry christmas with all yiur fsmily!
Blessings Lura!
Love you so much
gloria
xxcccc

Sybil said...

Thank you Lura for your lovley Christmas poem it's sentiments are so wonderful...if I could write poetry I might even have used the same words LOL x
Anyway I am sending you and John and all the brilliant family every blessing that our wonderful Lord can provide for each and every one of you....

Marie Rayner said...

Lura, this is the first chance I have had to visit all my friends blogs this Christmas. I always love your Christmas poem and all the photos. You are a treasure and I love you so very much! Thank you from the bottom of my heart for the lovely scarf you made for me. It's just beautiful! I just adore it and the card hanger is lovely too. I hope that you and John had a fabulous Christmas. Ours was quiet but lovely. I got to have contact with each of my children for the most part. A bonus! Love to you all. xxoo

StitchinByTheLake said...

Beautiful pictures Lura - Merry, merry Christmas! blessings, marlene