Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Happy Birthday Emma and Pumpkin Patch Productions

IMG_2784

First of all I want to say…

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR EMMA

Emma is our son’s oldest daughter. Today is her 11th birthday. Grampy and I wish that we could be with you today Emma. We had so much fun with you last week. We just loved hearing you play the piano often … and…

IMG_3009

singing for us. You are a special girl and we are so glad to have you in our family.

And now I want to document our Pumpkin Patch Productions

IMG_2959

Picking the perfect pumpkin can be a difficult job.

IMG_2963

 

 

 

 

One year old Ellie took this task seriously. “No Grampy, I don’t like that one.”

IMG_2967

…"or that one”….

IMG_2969

 

 

 

 

…”or that one”…

IMG_2974

“This is it.  This is the pumpkin I want.”

IMG_2954

2 year old Cal said,”I’ll help you get it Ellie.”

IMG_2970IMG_2971

2 year old Evan found the one he wanted really fast. He decided to sit on it to keep anyone else from getting it.

IMG_2973IMG_2978

9 year old Gracie found hers but putting it in the wagon was no easy task.

IMG_2960

Emma ran across one guy that just could not make up his mind…. and must have died trying.

IMG_2961

Gracie tried to give him a hand….

IMG_2962

…but it was no use.

IMG_2965

 

Actually….

ct scan of ribs

His ribs seem to be in better shape than mine do!

IMG_2975

IMG_2976

Lets get these pumpkins home and carve them!

IMG_2997

IMG_2999

It takes careful planning.

IMG_2995IMG_2993

IMG_2920IMG_2930

and dedicated work.

IMG_2923

IMG_2910

IMG_2943IMG_2939

They all turned out great…. masterpieces of fine pumpkin art…. and would you believe that I was so impressed with the pumpkin art and caught up in the moment….. I forgot to get the pictures of the finished products sitting out on the front steps.  What’s up with that Grammy??????  Oh well, even though I forgot to get the final pictures…. I won’t ever forget the fun we all had making them. 

I hope that all of your little pumpkins enjoyed making their pumpkins too. Do you celebrate Halloween in other countries? Please let me know if you do…. and if you do…. what do you do? I’d really like to know.

Have a great week.

 

10 comments:

Marie Rayner said...

What a wonderful day Lura! It looks like everyone really enjoyed themselves. It's nice to see your grandchilren growing up so quickly. Imagine little Elly walking. How sweet she is and Happy Birthday to dear Emma! It was such fun to talk to you on the telephone last night. I miss our little weekly chats. You are so precious to me. They do celebrate Halloween over here now, but it is not as big as it is in North America. Guy Fawkes Night is much bigger and is only 5 days later. Called BonFire night for the most part now it is celebrated with huge bonfires, a burning of a "Guy" on the fire, fireworks and Bonfire night food, like sausages and baked potatoes and the like. It is to celebrate Guy Fawkes failed attempt to blow up the houses of parliament (the seat of our Government) back in 1605. Love you! xxoo

Sybil said...

Well Lura, looks like Marie has told you all about the Halloween over here.in England it is a wee bit different in Scotland when I was a child we celebrated halloween by starting to hollow out a large turnip....I never ever heard about a pumpkin till quite a few years ago !!! then we lit them up and dressed up and went ..guising..where we went to friends only doors and were invited in to do a turn..ie sing or say a peom or dance etc. then we were given a penny sometimes an apple..the moeny we collected was used to buy the fireworks for the 5th. Nov.
Thanks for sharing all these delightful photographs. The bairns grow up so quickly don't they.
(Please remember our dear Marie in your prayers these next few days in particular.)
much love Sybil xx

bettyj said...

What fun! Your Emma is a beautiful little girl. Hope all is well with you. Here we need prayers for my 29 year old granddaughter who was diagnosed with breast cancer last week. she is having surgery tomorrow. Great to visit again.
betty

Kris said...

Hi Lura! How are you? I have been peeking in now and then to check on you, and am so happy to see you are making great improvements!! I have been wanting to tell you that my husband, during his men's softball game a couple of weeks ago, took a bad tumble, and has been in awful pain. He went to the doctor Wednesday and they confirmed it, one badly broken rib with cartiledge damage! I can't imagine how painful yours was. I was in a car accident when I was a teenager, and I broke several ribs on my left side. I remember how painful that was and for how long!!! I would love to hear you speak Tuesday! What time? Let me know, so I can see if I can swing it. I take my grandson to school at 11:00 and have to pick him up at 1:30. If it works though, I would love to go!!!
Hugs,
Kris

Kris said...

Fun! Fun!
Love the glamor shot addition to your blog~You beautiful lady.
We had tons of fun last night with you.
Love!

LeAnn said...

I loved all of your fun pictures of your sweet grandchildren and children. This was a very fun post. I loved the pumpkin carving and the finished one. It all looked like so much fun.
I still love the thought we were able to get together. For some reason I feel like I know you from somewhere besides just here; maybe heaven.
Blessings and hugs for you!

Cathyjo said...

Dear Lura what a delightful post,WOW.Just thinking of all the fun and joy you had maes me Smile. Thanks so for sharing.Do call now and then, would love to haer from you.((HUGS))xx

TUTU Monkey said...

I am so happy to see you gewtting around so well. We hope to see you soon!! Sending you big hugs!!

hoLLy said...

how fun to get to do pumpkins with so many of your precious grandchildren! thanks for sharing such fun pics! great job kiddos!

hoLLy said...

oops, and i forgot to wish emma a very happy 11th birthday!