In this season of Thanksgiving my heart is full of gratitude and smiles. My Utah family will be arriving any minute. I can hardly wait. I am ready.
My entrance way is decked out with scarecrows and garland
Our game room is once again converted to our buffet room.
All the buffet tables need now is food….
…Which is not made yet. By this time in previous years, I’ve had my freezer full of pies, cookies, cakes and casseroles I’d made in advance…. ready for my hungry gang….. but this year it was all I could do to decorate the house and buy groceries. I’m sure my girls will be glad to help with the cooking.
The tables are set.
Soup is in the crockpot…. cupcakes are made… a fire is in the fireplace
My holiday tree is decorated for autumn…. and all of the Utah family Christmas gifts are wrapped and waiting to be taken home with the kids.
Yep…. I am ready….all I need now are my kids and grandkiddos. Where are they??? I hope they get here soon because I am going to burst with anticipation if I have to wait much longer.
If you see them on the road don’t get in their way…. because over the river and through the woods to Grammy and Grampy’s house they go.
As I walk around my house I am full of smiles. I am so thankful that God has blessed us so abundantly.
There were several months after our accident when I doubted that I would ever be able to host my loved ones for thanksgiving again. I am not back to normal. I still hurt all the time but I am doing so much better and so is John. I am so thankful that we have been able to do all that we have to get ready for the kids.
I wish you all a very Happy Thanksgiving…. and even if it is not thanksgiving in your area of the world, I hope that you have much to be thankful for.
Upps… I’ve got to go…. I just heard a car pull up outside… That means the first car load of loved ones are here.
Hugs to you all, Grammy







11 comments:
Dearest Lura: Wishing you an awesome thanksgiving week with your family. I love all of your decorations and the tables, trees and everything just looks so beautiful. It really is over the river and through the woods. I am so happy that you are able to have your family with you.
My husbands sweet sister passed away on Thursday; she was really a lovely person and had been ill for a very long time. We will miss her. We will be going over the river and through the woods to our Daughter's home in Missouri on Wednesday and our other daughter in South Dakota will be coming too. I can hardly wait to see them all.
We will compare notes on the family events and I am sure we will have lots of smiles to report.
Love and hugs to you! LeAnn
Hi Lura. Everything looks so warm and inviting! I can't imagine anything but a perfect holiday with your family!!!
Hugs,
Kris
Lura, I, for one (and there are many many) am so glad that you and John are still around to celebrate this Thanksgiving with your family. I am sorry that you are still in pain, but my heart is so very grateful that you and John were saved. Enjoy this special holiday with your family, which must be even more special and tender sweet this year. I love you my dear friend and wish you all a very Happy and Blessed Thanksgiving. xxoo
Lura, my eyes filled with tears when I read,you didn't think you would ever be able to host your families again. But praise God you are!I loved looking at all your pictures. The tables are set beautifully and everything looks "family"worthy. You girls will have so much fun cooking together.We do. Happy thanksgiving, my blogging friend.
Dear Lura,WOW I'm never seen shuch lovelynest only in books.I know You and Yours are going to have a Blessed Thanksgiving this yr. And that sure makes me Smile.I will keep praying that you can handle the pain, and soon will be gone. I feel bless just to know you. Thanks for your friendship. ((HUGS))
I'm just so excited that you're getting to have your family there Lura - what a blessing that is. Even though you're still in pain their presence will lift your heart and spirits. My son and his family will be here tomorrow night. One of my daughters and her family will join us Wednesday for dinner. My son's family will travel on Thursday to her parents so they can see everyone over the weekend. It's kind of hard on them I think but they are willing to do it and I'm grateful. Have a wonderful, joy filled holiday. blessings, marlene
What nice look all dear Lura, look beautiful is amazing thanksful in these special day we dont have this holyday here but I love Lura, what nice is to be thanksful, for the life, for love, for God, the family and friends, etc. blessings to you! gloria
Oh Lura, everything looks wonderful and ready to greet your family...Sending Thanksgiving Blessings your way...{{hugs}}
Happy Thanksgiving Lura!! It was wonderful to see all your beautiful fall decorations . I can smell the bird cooking! How thankful your family must be to be spending the holiday with you and John. So happy for you . Love seeing your pictures. My daughter has had a week's worth of showers in the new bathroom now. She is very excited to get her new bed that will be coming in 4-6wks. ( a hosp bed that will be so much easier for everyone ) I should have got going earlier on it but there were so many other things to think about . They just have to finish the electrical and ramp railing .Will post pics soon . In the meantime have a wonderful week with your Utah family . xoxo
i am so happy you were able to decorate! i know how much joy it brings you to decorate and welcome your family over for the holidays! and i'm sure your girls will help lots and lots with the cooking. i hope you and your family have a wonderful amazing thanksgiving! i am very thankful for you lura and the blessing you have been in my life since we met through the "net" years ago :) prayers that each day you continue to heal more and more! xoxo
Well lura, I was waiting till Thanksgiving Eve to come on and wish you all the very happiest of Thanksgiving. We have so much to thank the Lord for. I can hear the excitement almost from here as you all tuck into wonderful food, set on gorgeous tables. Just wish I coule be there to share everything with you all..ut I will make do with soem lovely photoographs next time x
God Bless you all Love Sybil xx
Post a Comment