My heart is full of thanksgiving on this Day of Thanksgiving 2011.
My children that grew up in this house are here with their children.
What a joy…..what a blessing….. what a madhouse…..what fun!!!!
I’ve been getting lots of good help.
I woke up this morning to find Erin ,Loni, Claire and Cal scrubbing my ceramic tile kitchen floor. I thought the floor looked OK but you should see how much better they look now. I wonder if they would like to do the rest of the rooms that have tile floors????
Evan was a big help cleaning out my cabinets and emptying the dishwasher.
And of course, I have had endless help with the cooking.
Gracie, Evan, Davey and Emma……………….My first born, Lynell
Grampy shows the grandkiddos how to use his mom’s old food grinder to grind up the cranberries for the relish instead of using the food processor. They thought it was cool. Even Calan could make it work.
Mindy got one turkey into the smoker…
and Lynell and I put one into the oven…
They say that too many cooks spoil the broth…
…But I’m not worried about it. I love cooking with my precious girls and grandgirls.
Claire and Lonica have dressed up my everyday chairs ….
…in their Thanksgiving outfits….
My girls made me sit down and rest while they are finishing up the last minute cooking and table setting.
My home is full of the wonderful smell of turkey cooking…. and laughter….and toys…. and kids…..and…
I couldn’t be happier. I feel so blessed and so thankful.
I am wishing you all, where ever you are, a wonderful day with much to be thankful for.
Hugs, Lura







6 comments:
Happy Thanksgiving my dear Lura. thanks by be me friend.,thanks God like you are, and blessings to you and family:)
Everything looks wonderful and tastes just as good I'm sure. Happy Thanksgiving to you and your entire darling family. Love you, Jan
A beautiful family! God bless you Lura - with joy and peace and strength and grace in the coming year. blessings, marlene
Lura, thanks for sharing your celebration. We had a wonderful day with the first of the next generation joining us this year. I am so grateful for all the blessings and especially this year for good health and new friends! Blessings and hugs to you, John and family.
Hugs to you Lura and I love your Thanksgiving smiles. It is so wonderful to be with family and I am having a great time with my daughter's families in Missouri.
We do have so much to be thankful for. Blessings to you all!
Oh Lura, it looks like you are having a fabulous time with your family. How wonderful to see everyone chipping in and having a good time! That is one pretty big turkey you are putting into the oven! Wowsers!! I bet it took all day to cook!! I just know you are having the best of times with all your family near. Y'all have so much to be thankful this year. A very Happy Thanksgiving to the crew and may you all have a very blessed year to come! Love you! xxoo
Post a Comment