I am doing 2 posts in one day…. Are you totally shocked???
I have never done that before. I can usually only manage one post in a week… but today has been so wonderful I just have to share it with you.
Please…. come and join us for our thanksgiving dinner….
I have always loved our Thanksgiving Holiday. It comes close to being my favorite holiday…. I guess Christmas is my very favorite… but Thanksgiving is really special. We don’t have to worry about buying, wrapping and giving gifts. We just make good food, join together as family and friends and count our blessings. What is better than good food, family, friends and counting our blessings???
After smelling the turkeys cook for hours, we were excited when they were finally done….
and…. The carving could begin…
Ernie and Grampy carved away while Grammy made gravy from the drippings.
Claire and Lonica helped Grammy light all the candles, put food out on the buffet tables… and…
…put the final touches on the tables.
Starving family made short work of the appetizers while they were waiting for our dinner to start….right down to the last shrimp.
Then…just before Jordan and Yoda started growling with hunger…
Grampy asked a blessing on our food and offered our prayer of Thanksgiving… and we filled our plates with all our seasonal favorite dishes.
I was concerned that Loni might have a hard time eating with her mouth full of new braces…. but she managed just fine.
Everything looked beautiful and it tasted as good as it looked.
Whether you sat at the big people table…
…The young people table…or…
…or the tiny person table…. everyone had a great time. How wonderful that we could be together and be blessed with good food and pretty good health.
Our meal ended with pumpkin cupcakes and pies, pecan pies and apple pies made from Grampy’s apples from the orchard. It was a lovely sweet ending to a lovely sweet day.
John and I are especially thankful to be here this Thanksgiving with our family. When we think about how close we came to being killed in our car accident last March, we are in awe of God. We know that this was a year of miracles for us….. Yes, indeed…. We have much to be thankful for this Thanksgiving!!!
I hope that you have had a lovely day too.
David and his family went to have dinner with Marla’s family today. They will be back tomorrow and we will have instant replay of today’s dinner and a special family night conducted by Grampy. … so …. our holiday is not over yet!
I am sure that I will have more smiles to share with you soon.
Have a great weekend. Hugs, Grammy







6 comments:
Lura,
What a delight it was to read your Thanksgiving posts, complete with wonderful photos of your family. It all reminds me so much of the way we used to do Thanksgiving. Our family is about the same size, and we always cooked at least three turkeys too. One in the oven, one in the smoker, one in the fryer, and sometimes, one on the grill too. Your helpers were darling. Your daughters are all lovely, just like their Mama! I am so thrilled that I got to meet you. I am eager to get together again Lura. Perhaps after the hustle and bustle of the holiday season.
Much love,
Kris
What a fantastic Thanksgiving you had!! The food looks absolutely delicious! I'm happy you had such a wonderful time with you darling family! I'm thankful for you and your wonderful spirit!
Looking forward to seeing more smiles of your beautiful family. I love seeing you up and about cooking. A complete blessing!
Everything looks so wonderful and mighty delicious too Lura! What a blessing it is to have such a large, warm and loving family. I know it is ever such a lot of work to have everyone around, but I also know that it is worth all the effort. I hope you take some pictures of John's special family evening presentation. One thing that Todd and I really miss over here is being a part of a larger family. Oh well, maybe one day! I send love and hugs to the whole lot of you! Happy Thanksgiving! (I am celebrating you and John with a heart of Thanksgiving as well. So glad you both made it through this year!) I love you! xxoo
It was a full day of blessings Lura - I know you are so very thankful for each person there and for God's great gifts to you. blessings, marlene
Lura: Yes, two posts in one day, especially Thanksgiving,is awesome.
And I am Soooo Happy you could all be together. You are so lucky to have such a beautiful family and you all show so much love toward each other. And I love your pictures, too! I think you all must have a blast and a wonderful, crazy time. You go, Girl!
Thanks for the comment on my blog, yes it is good to be back but I still have to get a new computer and with the crowds in the stores it is really hard to make decisions.
Lots of changes have taken place and I am dying to post about them. Give me a week; contractor is finishing up tomorrow. YEA!
Take it easy as Christmas Season approaches & don't do too much!
{{HUGS}} Joy
Post a Comment