I like Halloween….. not the scary, gruesome stuff…. I like the cute Halloween costumes and decorations.
I have one daughter and 3 grandchildren that were born in Oct.
I’ve always enjoyed decorating the house and having fun parties…. but Claire has given us a real reason to celebrate Halloween…
…because today is Claire’s birthday.
How can this Little Red Riding Hood be 10 years old today? It seems like just yesterday that she played a trick or treat on mom and arrived 2 weeks early. We were all tricked but what a treat to have this sweet, talented girl join our family.
We hurried home from visiting family in Utah to arrive back in CA this evening in time to celebrate with Claire.
We also did a lot of fun Halloween celebrating with our Utah family. We hated to leave them but coming home to our birthday girl made it easier to say goodbye.
I took lots of pictures and I’m excited to blog about all the fun I’ve had the past 2 weeks in Utah…. but…
I know that you are in a hurry to go and start eating all of your trick-or-treat candy so I will save my Utah stories until another time…besides I have to go and start unpacking our suitcases…. and that is no treat!
Happy Halloween with Hugs from Grammy







9 comments:
Hope you had a lovely time with your family Lura. It's good to have you back. I have my hospital appointment on Friday so keep me in your thoughts. I am trying to be optimistic! I think I will go to the temple on Thursday. Oh, I was so pleased to get a letter in the post yesterday from President Uchtdorf! A personal letter for me from an Apostle of the Lord. Call me blessed. I can't wait to speak with you. Love you loads and loads. xxoo
Lura I'm so glad you're home safe and sound and that you had a wonderful visit. And Happy Birthday to all your dear ones! I had 5 high school girlfriends here for the weekend and one of them has a Halloween birthday that we love to celebrate. BTW, I love your Grammy picture on your sidebar - the one done in your "younger" years. Beautiful lady outside and inside! blessings, marlene
Welcome home Lura and Happy Birthday to your beautiful grandaughter and other loved ones!
We had a real trick here ~ 12+ inches of snow! Lots without power but thankfully we kept ours so we were able to open our doors to those without. Lili's area postponed trick or treating until Thursday giving crews time to restore power and hopefully ALL of the snow will be gone and not come back until January. Looking forward to your stories about Utah!! Warm hugs!!
Happy Halloween Lura! I love cute things to like little pumkinz or little ghosts!! and Happy birthday to Claire!! Lovely pictures dear, send you huggs and love always! xoxoxo gloria
Happy Birthday Claire..what fun to have been born at Halloween...
Gla dthat you ar eback Lura and that all went well with your visiting the family can't wait to read all about it and see some photo's..
Take care,
:pve Sybil xx
Fun post for Halloween with sweet family pictures. I am so happy we connected for lunch while you were here in Utah. I hope we are friends forever. I will be blogging our picture if it turned out. I haven't downloaded it yet.
I am happy you are home safe and sound.
Blessings to you dear friend.
SO glad your home once again and you enjoyed your Utha trip. A Happy Belated Brithday to Claire.And wishing many more Happy time's to come for all. Thanks for calling please do call again. ((Hugs))
Welcome home, Lura and a belated Happy Birthday to your beautiful Grand daughter, Claire. How cute she is in her costume! Happy you were able to go to Utah to celebrate with your daughter...family is so important. And, your "younger" picture on your sidebar is GORGOUS! Remind John how lucky he is! LOL You two make a great couple, too!
{{Hugs}}
Joy
happy birthday claire! how fun to be a halloween baby! :)
Post a Comment