Thursday, October 6, 2011

We are back!

Dear friends,


We just got back from our cruise. I feel very blessed that I was able to make the trip. I booked this cruise for us and 10 friends over a year and a half ago. As their travel agent, I didn’t want to let them down and not go with them. . However, after being in that terrible accident and then having surgery in July, I didn’t think I would be able to cruise by September. .. but… since it was a cruise and I could rest on the ship most of the time, my doctors agreed to let me go. With God’s help, I was able to go on this wonderful trip with dear friends and we had a great time even though I was limited with what I could do and I had to rest a lot. I feel so blessed.



IMG_1935



IMG_1891



IMG_1893



A Limo picked 10 of us up at our house on Sept. 19th and drove us 100 miles to the San Diego pier. That turned out to be the most economic way to get there. Otherwise we would have had to leave our cars in the parking lot and pay $15 a day.



IMG_1894


That was my first ride in a limo. It worked out well for us. We were excited when we reached the pier and anxious to board our ship.



IMG_1899IMG_1971





IMG_1900



Once we boarded the beautiful Celebrity Millennium, we found our stateroom and started exploring the ship.IMG_1940












These cruise ships are like floating cities. It takes a while to find your way around…. in fact… even after 16 days on board, I don’t think I saw everything.



IMG_1918


IMG_2069


It didn’t take us long to find the buffet…..


IMG_2078


…and the ice cream shop!


IMG_1897



Before we could sail away, we had to go to the theater to go through the emergency safety drill… and then we were off...




IMG_2063


We said “Bon Voyage”as we left San Diego and off we sailed into the wild blue yonder.


IMG_7911P1000680



IMG_2229



Can you tell from these pictures where we were headed?



If you don’t recognize it…. I will be telling you in my next several posts.



I am thankful for this lovely trip… and I am thankful to be back home in the USA. I was thinking of you all while we were gone and keeping you in my prayers.



My sweet little blog friend Laura, had her triplets while we were cruising. All three tiny babes are doing well considering how small they are. Please remember them in your prayers and drop by her blog to see the babies and wish them well.



Love to all, Grammy Lura









10 comments:

LeAnn said...

I have missed you dear friend. I love the post and pictures. I am so happy that you were able to go on this trip. Going with all of those friends must have been a choice adventure.
Love and blessings to you. I so glad you could enjoy these moments!!

Joy/The Olde Farmhouse said...

Dear Lura: I was so glad to see your post today! I was sort of worried when there was nothing last Sunday but I am glad it was because you were having a great time. If anyone deserves it, YOU DO. The only cruise I have been on was on Celebrity and it was awesome. (Don't remember the ship...just before the Millenium came out.) I am glad you were able to go and to have a good time. Anxious to hear all about it!
Hugs,
Joy

Marie Rayner said...

Oh Lura, I am so glad you are back safe and sound. I have been thinking and praying for you daily that you would get through this alright, especially the flight home! ((((hugs)))) Am keeping those three little babies in my prayers also. Oh, if you could spare a few prayers for my father I would appreciate. He is having cataract surgery on Tuesday next and a biopsy on his prostrate soon. He is 78. Thanks. I know your prayers will help! I love you my sweet friend. Welcome home! xxoo

Linda - Behind My Red Door said...

I came on my blog just to see if YOU had updated and found a comment from you and saw you cruised!! WOOHOO! So happy you got to the that!! I am sure it wasn't the same as in the past, but I hope you found many moments of joy and pleasure in between the needed rest and pain from your arm. I think about you often and I am so happy we met online! Lots of big giant hugs across the miles!!

Sybil said...

So so glad that you are home safe and sound, and that all went so well. Mary and I also had a wonderful cruise as you will be able to see when you are back to reading "blogs" LOL Looking forward to more of your travels..
What shipping line do you go with ?...I have missed reading your news, So glad to read that the babies have arrived
Much Love Sybil xxx

bettyj said...

Well like the rest, I was beginning to worry. glad you were having fun. Can't wait to see more pictures? Isn't God good?

Visits With Mary said...

I sure missed your post and so glad to see you back...Being with friends and crusing..that had to be great fun...))smiles))

Gloria Baker said...

I missed you a lot my dear Lura. I heard you was in a Cruser, I find amazing you and John finally can enjoy a lovely and nic etrip like you had!! the pictures are amazing and I heard the food is amazing didn't?? I never stay in a Cruise but I think I will enjoy! (he,he) maybe is addictive so is dangerous but Im sure you are glad to be at home! always is nice travel but better is arrive to home for me, send you huggs my dear friend to you and John and all your nice family, blessings! Yoo look soo nice!!! LOL

Gloria Baker said...

welcome again!!!!!!

hoLLy said...

i just think its amazing you were able to go on a cruise! you go girl! nothing can stop lura!

so sorry i have been absent from blogworld a lot lately...so much going on lately! the big thing going on this past week has been preparing for ammon's luau. joey's parents throw a huge authentic luau for their grandbabies first birthdays...it was awesome! almost 200 people came! hula dancers, amazing food, shaved ices, the works. so fun but exhausting. i don't see how his parents do it, but they do, and its pretty incredible. i've missed reading your posts and hope to catch up on everything in blogworld soon:) xoxo. hope you are well! love~hoLLy