Saturday, October 8, 2011

Come visit Cabo San Lucas with me

Could you tell where we were going from my previous post?  If you guessed it was the Panama Canal you were right. It was a wonderful cruise.  Come along with me as I take you to each port of call along the way.

IMG_1926

Our first port of call on our Panama Canal Cruise was

 Cabo San Lucas, Mexico.

IMG_1967

This was our 4th trip to Cabo but we enjoy this Mexican port at the end of the Baja peninsula.

IMG_1923

IMG_1924

 

 

 

 

The ocean is too shallow in Cabo for the big cruise ships to dock so we have to take little boats called Tenders to the pier.

IMG_1934

The big floating cruise cities wait in the bay while their inhabitants go ashore.

IMG_1935

When I didn’t have broken ribs the ride on the tender boats was fun and gave me an opportunity to get a good picture of our ship. This time, with my ribs still tender… the Tender ride was a bit of a challenge.  You might say that I was too tender for the Tender…. lol… but I made it OK.

P1000323

One of the main tourist attractions is a glass bottom boat ride out to “Los Arcos” It is fun to watch the fish beneath the boat… and …

P1000324

The arch and scenery are beautiful 

no matter how many times you have seen them.

P1000328

Para-sailing and kayaking are popular excursions for the more adventurous.  The whale watching boat trips are also popular in the whale season. There are many locals waiting to sell you these tours at a much cheaper rate than you can book on the ship. With a group you can go to the arch for $5.00-$10.00 each and watch whales for $15. We always use locals for these tours.

P1000370P1000371

The beaches are beautiful and enjoyed by those who just want a relaxing day.

There is an area near the pier where you can pay to play with the dauphins. It costs $99 to wade with them and pet them and $150 per person to do a fin swim with them. If you want to do this, book this tour on the ship because it costs more to book it on land…and book it for Cabo because it costs more at the other ports. It is expensive but those who’ve done it say it is worth it.

IMG_1927

The shore area is pretty with lots of shops where you can get good deals on fine jewelry or find all sorts of bargains on Mexican goods.

IMG_1930IMG_1932

We met up with our friends, David and Kathy on the pier.

I recommend Cabo as a nice vacation spot. It is safe there and tourists are treated well. It is sunny and very hot most of the time so come prepared with sun lotion, hats and bottled water. You can tell from looking at our red faces that we were baking in the Cabo heat.

IMG_1925

Luckily, a nice bonus of cruising on a Celebrity ship is they greeted us at each pier with cold drinks and icy towels to help us cool off.

 (John is in 5 of these pictures… can you find him?)

Our next port of call is Puerto Vallarta. I’ll see you there.

Hugs, Lura

6 comments:

StitchinByTheLake said...

It's great to have you home Lura! I was missing you. :) blessings, marlene

Marie Rayner said...

Lura, I have enjoyed visiting Cabo San Lucas with you and John!! It all sounds lovely. I do hope that we can one day go on a cruise with you both. What a dream that is! As we both know, dreams can come true! Love you so very much sweet friend. I miss you you are away. It's so good to have you back! xxoo

Cathyjo said...

Oh! I did miss you so verry much,So glad your back. Marie E-Mailed me,and sporte of you and your worry about the flight back est. Thanks for the trip to Cabo.Hope for many more.Love you my dear friend. And thanks for your comments on my blog. I did get out to church ok. My # is 623-225-2268 ((Hugs))

Sybil said...

Thanks for the comment !! dear knows what is happening with blogger I am having dificulty as well adding comments sometimes they go sometime snothing will persuade them...no logic..
Thanks for the cruise news. I would not have been able to get off withthe tender they don;t like taking the wheelchair down the stairs etc on to them it's a bit heavy.. We were lucky we docked each time so no tenders needed..The cruise ships we use are Royal Caribbean..we have found them excellent in every way..what fun to be able to join you both at some time...
much Love sybil xx

LeAnn said...

Loved the pictures and thoughts on your trip. I am so happy that you were able to go. We went on probably the same type of curise several years ago. We loved Cabo San Lucas.
Blessings to you and keep on enjoying the moments.

hoLLy said...

oh to be on a cruise RIGHT NOW....ahhh...beautiful pictures! what a fun time! thanks for sharing with us so we can feel like we are with you :)