Sunday, October 23, 2011

Sunday Smiles

A_staffy's_Sunday_Six

I told you that I would continue my Panama cruise travel log on my next post…. but I lied.

I can’t help it…. I have so many smiles that I am bursting with them… if I don’t post them today I may explode! That would not be a pretty sight … So here I go.

Thanks to all of you that left me comments on my last post. Your kindness touches my heart and means a lot to me. 1.Blog friends are real friends.and you make me smile. Non-bloggers may not understand the bonds that bloggers develop…. but bloggers do….and we treasure our dear blog friends even though we may never meet them in person.

IMG_7162

Yesterday was my dear daughter’s birthday. I am so thankful that we live close to Mindy and her sweet family. 2. She fills my heart with smiles!

IMG_1508

For months I’ve had to sleep in a hospital bed, which we put in the family room.  I could not lie flat because it was too painful with all my broken ribs.

IMG_2762

IMG_2763

However, like my little grandkids, I graduated to my big bed. The friendly bed-pick-up man came and got my hospital bed last week…

IMG_2765

IMG_0236

…Off it went. 3. Sleeping in our bedroom again makes me smile!

IMG_2772

 

4.Our apple trees make me smile.

They are loaded with apples that we are sharing with our friends. Kris and Shannon dropped by and got some. The young women from church got enough apples from 1 tree to make 167 pies for their fund raiser. Smile… Smile

Last Friday, my grandkiddos got to come over for a sleepover.

IMG_2768

5. Playing in our Jacuzzi made me smile. The hot water soothed my aching muscles…. and the sweet kiddos warmed my heart.

IMG_1832

IMG_2770

IMG_2769

IMG_2771

Our day started with breakfast in bed… and ended with eating homemade ice-cream and popcorn while we watched a Disney movie in bed. Wouldn’t that make you smile…. 6. It made me smile! … well… at least until Austin spilled his melting ice cream which soaked through all our bedding and we had to change it…. but then…. that made me smile too.. what grammy is silly enough to serve melting ice cream to a little boy in her bed????

I hope that you have had lots of smiles this week too. Please keep praying for Laura  and her little family. The triplets are growing and her husband is recovering from his cancer surgery. I pray that God will continue to bless them and help them all grow healthy and strong.

Hugs, Grammy L

 

11 comments:

Sybil said...

I am smiling at your smiles Lura, what a lovely week you have had..
(I continue to watch and pray for the babies and also for Dad..and Mum)

Love Sybil xx

StitchinByTheLake said...

Lura it's so good to see that your sweet joyful personality is peeping back through! You were in so much pain and I was so sad for you but now I see that God has brought you so far...almost all the way....back to who you truly are. I loved this post! blessings, marlene

Cathyjo said...

I'm so glad for al the wonderful smile's they brought me to treas.
Maked my day,Thank You.You said you had miss placed my # so here it is (623)225-2268.((Hugs))

The Barton's said...

I love the things that make you smile. They make me smile too. I especially love when I know the people in your pics. I have fond memories of the good ole days. I am so glad you get to sleep in your big girl bed. You are so right that our blog friends are so important. I love my blog friends too.

Joy/The Olde Farmhouse said...

Hi Lura: You are so lucky to have family nearby so you can celebrate all their milestones. I am happy you are able to move about so well and hey, being back in your own bed is one of your "Milestones." And, what's a little ice cream between friends when you are having such fun! Keep up the good work and come visit me.
Hugs,
Joy ;-)

Marie Rayner said...

As always Lura, your smiles make me smile. I really smiled when I read about you graduating to your own bed again! Wonderful! I am so happy for you and John. Things are now nearly back to normal! Love seeing the happy times with your grandchildren, melting icecream spills aside. I can't wait to have these experiences myself. I dreamt we were together last night! At Lynells! What a wonderful dream it was and now nice to see everyone again!! There were also lots and lots of kittens in the dream. Not so sure Lynell would like that part!! It was so good to spend some time togeher though, even if it was only a dream. Dreams do come true. We both know they can and often do. So here's hoping that we will be together again soon! Love you lots my dear friend. Keep smiling! xxoo
PS Your friend continues to be in my prayers.

Jennifer said...

How wonderful to see your smile Lura. Congratulations on your testimony . So very inspiring and hopeful to many. My fav pic was you with your beautiful Grandkids in the jacuzzi! How fun . Not blogging yet but hope to have time soon. The reno is coming along but rain has held up the outside finishing . One more new floor to go in , hardwood at the end in the bedroom. Exciting times. Wonderful that so many pies could be made by the church gals. They will be so tasty . Just had a fundraiser that my daughter was partly in charge of to pay it forward for another church to buy a defibrillator after one was given to our United church
Now we are going to get teams together so someone will always know what to do if it is needed.So glad the man could come and pick up your hosp. bed!! Keep smiling Lura. I am praying for your friends. Have a good idea what they are going through as Elisabeth was born at 28 wks and was only 2lbs.

Gloria Baker said...

Lovely smiles dear Lura!! I always enjoyed your nice pictures, your bedroom look absolutely nice and comfort!
These type of things make me smile too!! I love your jacuzzi! what lovely have one!! and the kids are soooo cute, send you a lot of huggs and kisses, dear Love yah! gloria

LeAnn said...

Blog friends are real friends. I love your smiles on this one. You always have such great pictures and especially of your precious family. Yes, I imagine it was way fun to have ice cream in bed with grandchildren; what were you thinking!!
Prayers sent for your friend Laura and family.
I am excited to have a few moments with you dear friend.
Blessings to you and keep on enjoying your adventures.
Hugs and love to you!

Kris said...

Hi Lura. How are you. I am so happy to read that you got to graduate to your big bed!!!! That must feel fantastic!!!
Those apples...oh my!! How wonderful!!!
I am catching up on your blog. Looks like you are doing great!!
Hugs,
Kris

hoLLy said...

first of all, happy halloween! :) i am doing blog catchup-i have been awful about it. the month of october was so so nuts! i'm hoping november calms down some! my google reader shows almost 200 unread posts...shame on me...i haven't forgotten you and i hope you know that. just these 4 kids are keeping me way too busy :) i've barely had time to post on my blogs every so often.

anyways, i am so happy you are in your room now-what a big step!! i'm happy to see so many smiling faces in this post. and i'm also so happy that things are looking more up for you. so many prayers have been answered and i'm so grateful you are getting better each day. i know you are still in pain, but i'm glad its more bearable and that you can enjoy life with your hubby, kids and grandkids more again! love you!! hoLLy