Hello everyone. I hope that you have had a good week with lots to smile about. I have…. and …I enjoy sharing my smiles with you … but before I do I want to tell you about 2 blog friends who really need your prayers.
The first is Laura. She is the same Laura that designed my blog for me last year. She is pregnant with triplets. The problem is that , Alaina, Jaxson and Jameson are a bit too anxious to make their appearance. Laura is in the hospital on this 29th week of her pregnancy. She is trying to hold on to the babies for as long as possible. Please add her and the triplets to you prayer list. Click Here to read about her amazing story.
…
My other sweet friend that needs your prayers is Jan.
This Jan’s father. He passed away a couple of days ago. Jan is in poor health. Talking to her dad on the phone regularly was a comfort and joy to her. She is very sad at his passing even though she knows that he is in a better place and not suffering any more. Please remember Jan in your prayers. You can click Here to read Jan’s blog.
I will give you an update on my health. I am doing pretty well. I still have quite a bit of pain but not as bad as I used to have. My main source of discomfort comes from my left side where the ribs have the most severe breaks. It has effected my left shoulder blade, shoulder and arm. They tell me that my shoulder has frozen up. It hurts all the time. I can’t do much with my left arm. The therapy is painful but it is suppose to help. I hope that it will. Other than that, I am making good progress on the path to recovery. My doctors keep telling me that it is a miracle that I am alive and it will just take time. I need to be patient.
Now….Here are six things that have made me smile.
1. John’s brother, Forrest and his wife, RoLayne came to visit for a few days.
Forrest and RoLayne have been taking care of John’s sister, Celia 24/7 for the past few years. They have lovingly cared for Celia’s every need, missing many family events because they could not leave her alone. This was their first trip to CA since Celia passed away in July. We were so glad they came to see us.
2. Visiting the Mormon Battalion again made me smile.
One of the days that they were here we drove down to San Diego so they could visit the Mormon Battalion visitor’s center. We have been there several times but each time I hear the story of the battalion’s courage, faith and physical endurance I am amazed and determined to be more faithful enduring my own challenges. Forrest looked pretty authentic when he dressed up in the battalion gear.
After going to the visitor’s center we walked through old town and had a good Mexican lunch at our favorite restaurant. It made me think of Buttercup because the last time we ate there it was with her.
…
3. Going to see the movie “The Help” made me smile. My friend Judy loaned me the book to read while I was in the hospital. I thoroughly enjoyed the book and was anxious to see the movie. I was not disappointed. The movie changes a few things but sticks pretty close to the book. I recommend both the book and the movie.
…
4. Jung makes me smile
Jung is from Korea. I have known her for several months and we have become dear friends. I have been going to her clinic for acupuncture which helps the pain I have in my shoulder. She has come over to our house and made us dinner several times. Last week she made us Sushi California Rolls and they were delicious. I help her with English and she is teaching me a little Korean. She is a sweetheart.
…
5. These wild sunflowers make me smile.
These pretty sunflowers sprang up in one of my patio pots last week. I didn’t plant them so they were a total happy surprise. They nod their sweet heads back and forth and smile at me. I smile right back. I am glad that they decided to make their home in my patio.
…
6. John’s apples from our orchard and the Young Women from church make me smile.
Our Young Women at church need to raise money for girls camp next summer. Our apple trees helped them out by donating tractor loads of apples. Last time the apples were ready just in time for the girls to make and sell apple pies for Thanksgiving dinner.
This year our trees were a bit anxious and the apples ripened early but the girls and their leader, Alicia, came over and picked them anyway. If you want to buy a delicious apple pie our gals are making dozens and dozens of them and will be glad to sell you one, two or twenty.
As you can see life is good here in Staffy Land. I wish that I were healing a bit faster but I can’t complain. So many people are helpful and kind to us. We are truly blessed and thankful. I have something special coming up and I won’t be able to blog for a couple of weeks but I will be thinking of you. I will tell you all about it in my next post. Meanwhile, please remember to pray for Laura and Jan and have a great week.
Hugs, Grammy Staffy







9 comments:
Will keep both your dear friends in my prayers Lura. Jan is a special friend of mine and I am so sorry to hear that she is so down. I loved all your smiles. Todd will love visiting the Mormon Batallion sight when we come to visit one day!! (sooner rather than later I hope!!) I have not seen The Help movie, but even if it was half as good as the book, it is sure to be a winner!! I hope you have a lovely couple of weeks. You will be in my prayers as you know and as you always are! Love you sweet friend! xxoo
Oh My dear you always worry about all and all you lve! And I understand you well, because Im similar you in thios, count with my prayers to dear Laura and their triplets (OMG) and for Jan of course. Is so hard when ours parents are sick, Mom is better but Dad sometimes is down, they are in their home right now and today I will visit them.
Im glad you are better my dear. Send you loads of love and huggs and always remember you, LOL gloria
count with my prayers!
Hi Lura. I'm glad to hear you are making progress in your recovery...albeit, slow. I'm sorry about that part. Physical therapy can work miracles but you have to be diligent so I hope you are doing what they tell you even if it hurts.
I'm sorry to hear about Jan's dad and about your friend, Laura but how exciting for her to be having triplets. In about 10 years it will be so wonderful for her...until then, not so much (hahaha).
I just last week read about a couple, who are about our age, that were traveling down the I15 to St. George. They, too, were in a terrible crash and she died. Her funeral was on Saturday. That highway seems so peaceful and non-threatening to me and yet there have been some awful accidents along it. I'm glad yours had such a happy ending. I know you feel blessed but just a reminder of how TRULY blessed you were.
Lura, your "smiles" always make me smile. I feel your happy attitude helps with your healing. Will certainly say a prayer for your dear friends. Sending you wishes for a great week. {{hugs}}
Here you are, still not well and thinking of others. So nice your family could visit and you could do some things you enjoy. I will read your friends stories.
betty
i will say prayers for laura and jan. sorry to hear of their problems/hard times :(
i'm glad you are recovering but hate that you are still going through so much. such a looong process for you to endure :( i hope your shoulder improves!
and i loved the help too. i read the book and then saw the movie like you. completely agree-the movie was an awesome adaptation(though some was changed/left out) but they sure picked great actresses for the parts and made the movie so well. they did such a great job-what a great film and book!
p.s. love you! and pray for you every night still!
Prayers will be sent for Laura and Jan. I do hope you have great moments in the next several days.
I loved all of your smiles. You amaze me with all of your dear friends and people who love you. I can see why because you are such a great person who is still enduring much; but doing it with smiles. I so hope we get to meet at some moment of time. I always feel love pour out of your posts.
Prayer, love and hugs to you!
Enjoy the moments and I pray that your pain will go away soon and you can enjoy more movement without discomfort.
Dear Lura,Thanks for the (Smile's) and yes I will add Laura to my prayers, as Jan is always in them along with you and yours,Marie and hers,and Buttercup. And I found anther sweet laddy Faye. http://theblessedhearth.blogspot.com/ This is her site. just in case you would like to cheak it out.You all have become so verry dear to my Heart. I left my phone # on your FB page.I live in N.W.Phx.43ave and Northen.You ask at one time. Take Care ((Hugs))
Post a Comment