Sunday, June 12, 2011

Sunday Smiles

A_staffy's_Sunday_Six

Hello Dear Blog Friends

I am sorry that I have not been blogging this past week. I have looked at blogs in my Google reader…. but not had a minute to comment for 3 reasons….

1.  I have had a lot of visitors ….. which brought me many smiles that I will share with you.

image2.  I got a new medicine called Flexeril… It helps my sore neck , back and rib muscles but it also makes me too sleepy to do anything. I guess this new medicine makes me smile… in my sleep. 

book

3.  I’ve been making a  digital picture book of the accident. Walgreens was having a 40% off sale on photo books for 4 days.  Their photo books are not nearly as fancy and nice as Heritage Makers but they cost half the price…. and with a 40% off sale it was even less. So knowing how cheap thrifty I am, you know why I decided to give Walgreens a try. However, Walgreens is not as user friendly as Heritage Makers so it took me all 4 days to make my book. …

So my next smile this week was getting my photo book done. I put in pictures of the crash and then told the story of the miracles and blessings that have followed.

The rest of my smiles this week have come from my sweet visitors.

IMG_1527

Each week, at church, we partake of the Sacrament.  Bread and water is blessed and as we partake of it we think of how Jesus shed His blood and gave His life for us. We renew our baptismal covenants to remember Jesus and obey His commandments. Partaking of the Sacrament is sacred to us.

Since I can not attend church yet, the Bishop has sent Aaronic priesthood holders to my home to bless and offer the Sacrament to me. This brings me a special smile.

IMG_1532

 

My friends, LouAnn and Chelsea (not pictured) have been coming over each week to blow dry my hair. I can’t hold my left arm up yet to do my hair so this service is greatly appreciated.

IMG_1453IMG_1529IMG_1530IMG_1531IMG_1497

Sweet friends come to visit, bring food & gifts, rub my sore neck & shoulders, watch movies with me, help around the house, etc.  Pictured here are Kris, Jan, Judy, Darlene, Ruth & Deb…. but there have been many more. ..like Carolyn & Chelsea  who come often to bring food & give me a massages.

They all bring me smiles.

 

Friends have also come to clean up and help me replant my patio…. and…. helped me give John a surprise birthday party….. but this post is long enough so I will tell you about those smiles another time.

Most importantly, friends like you, are praying for our recovery. It is hard for me to be in bed for so long…. and limited in what my broken ribs will let me do. It is hard for John to take care of me and do his work when he is still achy and has little energy.

We appreciate your concern. We feel the support of your prayers.

Have a great week. I hope it will be full of smiles.

12 comments:

StitchinByTheLake said...

Lura I'm so glad to see your smiles show up in my reader each week. Every day is one day closer to complete recovery. What a wonderful group of friends you have! blessings, marlene

Linda - Behind My Red Door said...

So glad it mostly good stuff that made you smile this week!!

I hope by this time next week, you will need less of that med and have many more smiles!!

HUGS my friend!!

Cathyjo said...

I look forword to your post,as they always make me smile.So glad you got new med's that make you smile in or sleep,I hope you can get some that will make you smile while you are a wake also.Just keep hanging in there one day at a time you will make it.And so will John.You know the Lord needs you there,He still has work for you both.He may have you busyer then ever.Who knows.Take Care,Love you. ((HUGS))xx

The Barton's said...

So glad you share your smiles! Is that Lou Ann Mcphee? If so, and you think about it, please tell her hello. I took flexiril for a while. I have degenerative disk disease in my neck. They made me sleepy also! Have a fabulous week!

Marie Rayner said...

Lura, I am glad when you are able to post. It helps me to know you are still hanging in there and progressing. I pray for you all the time and I can see improvements each time you post. What a busy week and what a lovely bunch of visitors. I loved seeing all the pictures and knowing that you are being well taken care of. ((((hugs)))) I wish that I could be one of the ones serving you in some way. I wish that we were close in time as well. There are many times I would wish to call you, but daren't because I know you are either probably still in bed or having theraphy or some such. I know eventually we will be able to speak and that is good. In the meantime know that I pray for you always and that I love you with all my heart! You are, as ever, my special kindred spirit friend, sister of my heart! xxoo

Sybil said...

Well for sure the first smile for Monday morning is seeing your news.. I am so pleased that you are surrounded by such good friends who I know are helping so much. (Also know how lovely it will be when you can have some time just to yourselves knowing that you can pop up and make yourselves tea/lunch/ whatever)
Hope tha Drs. appointment goes ok. and that you feel better when you get home again..
Much Love Sybil xx

hoLLy said...

dang lura, you have like a million friends!!!! :) how awesome to have such a support group in not only "blog life" but in real life too. you are so blessed to have such sweet friends and family that take good care of you. hope you and john have a good week. thanks for always sharing smiles, even when i'm sure you don't feel like it:) they make me smile! love ya!!! prayers and more prayers. . .

Visits With Mary said...

Lura, so happy to here about all the things that make you smile..That just has to make your healing go faster...Your post today made me smile, you have great courage...Blessings, Mary

LeAnn said...

Prayers going out for you to continue healing well. I love your post today. You have some very lovely friends and that is a precious gift in ones life. I love your upbeat thoughts even in the face of pain.
You always help me to feel more grateful for all I have. You are such a galant woman of God.
Blessings to you for your sweet faith.

Anonymous said...

Lura,

What a long journey this has been for you! You make me smile! Every post, every photo. You are such a strength and a wonderful example. And might I say, you are spunky! ;)

I've started a new chapter, a new blog! Time to let the old one go. Still the Sweet Escape, it's just that time.

Lots and lots of hugs your way!!

bettyj said...

Hi Lura,
Glad you are having things to smile about. You are so blessed with so many caring people. Your blog makes me smile because you are always so upbeat.
betty

Sheba's Mommy said...

You are a pleasure to come and visit! I enjoy our talks too!! Love you lots!!
-Chelsea