Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Bad News or Good News????

IMG_1152

Isn’t this a darling card that Linda made for me!!!

I really appreciate all the prayers that have been said for me.

I have felt the love and support from those prayers.

I am asking that you will please continue to remember me in your prayers if you would be so kind.

I mentioned that after I had a CATscan, the evening of the accident I was told that I have enlarged ovaries that needed to be looked at.

When I got back to CA my doctor scheduled an ultrasound which I had last week. I went in to get the results from the specialist yesterday. I thought she would say not to worry…. every looks fine. I thought she would tell me that I just needed to let my ribs heal and get over the accident….

….but she didn’t….

She said that from looking at my ultrasound with an oncologist, they feel that I should have surgery ASAP. They have set the date for July 18th.

I am just now starting to feel better from the accident …. I am getting out of bed and walking around without as much pain. I am starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel…... and now this news takes my breath away.

I am sad that I have to have surgery. Of course it is hard for me not to imagine the worst…… but then…… I can’t believe that God would miraculously save my life 3 months ago…. just to take it now with cancer.

So…. is this surgery bad news or good news???

Could it be that because of the accident, doctors spotted a situation that needs attention before it becomes a problem…..  That because it was seen and caught early all will be well???? 

Could it be that even though my ovaries are enlarged it is from harmless cysts???

I surely hope this is the case. I dread having surgery in July. However, I know that God watches over me and He knows what is best. I know whatever the outcome, I need not fear…. for God is with me.

However, it is going to be hard to wait for 4 weeks to find out where I stand.

I guess it is one more opportunity for me to learn patience.

I hope all is well with you and yours.

Hugs, Grammy Lura

20 comments:

Marie Rayner said...

Lura, we can get through this newest challenge. I cannot believe that Heavenly Father saved you last March just to let go of you now. I will not believe that is so. I uphold you in my prayers and thoughts continuously and wish that I could so so much more. It may not be cancer at all, but if it is, then I am sure that it has been caught early and will be treatable. If not for the accident it might have gone un-noticed for ages, perhaps until it had been so far gone that not much could be done. I will carry you through this latest challenge in my deepest prayers. I am glad that you are now feeling so much better in other ways though. That is a good thing. I love you my dear friend. You are always in my heart. xxoo

Sybil said...

My Dearest Lura, I am so so sorry that the news was not good as we had prayed that it would be. But I am in a way glad that at least the surgeons have discovered it and can do something about it better now that later and as Marie says if you had not ha dthe accident it might have gone undetected for too long. There is a true saying that our Lord works in mysterious ways..
Keeping you in my prayers always..
Much Love Sybil xx

Jan's Blog said...

You are always in my prayers... and whatever comes, we can get through together with your dear husband and all your many devoted friends. Hang in there for a little longer. So Glad Sylvie is with you. I'm here when you need me. His arms of love are around you!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh Lura...I'm so sad about this recent news. Not that I'm expecting a bad outcome, I'm Not, but just because now you have to worry about it for a month and then you have to have surgery and spend time recovering from that. They say, "It's always darkest just before the DAWN" and I'm praying that your dawn is near. You are very blessed to have so much family and friends' support, I know that will help you get through this new challenge. I will add your name to the prayer roll in the St. George Temple today.

bettyj said...

More prayers will be said. Please keep us posted!
betty

Cathyjo said...

Oh Lura I'm so sorry, You been though so much. I know it's going to be had,but with the Lord help you will make it.I put your name in at the AZ.temple. And will keep you in my prayers.xxoo

hoLLy said...

oh no lura:( i don't know what to say except that i know you will get through this. you were spared for a reason, you are needed here on this earth! and i like the thinking that the accident is what helped you to catch this before it becomes worse. i'm sure thats exactly what it is! things will be okay, i just know it. i love you! prayers and love from north texas. . .

StitchinByTheLake said...

Dear Lura, this is just one more challenge at a time when you didn't really need one more. But we are told to "Rejoice in all things" so we are going to look at this as good news and rejoice. It's either going to be a) cysts and benign or b) caught early and treatable. Your rejoicing will be a beacon for others who need to see trust in the flesh. :) I'm still praying. blessings, marlene

Linda - Behind My Red Door said...

Oh Lura, you are surely being tested!!!! I can truly see why this had to be very discouraging. But I also say it is a GREAT thing they found out early so once surgery is over they say to you "all clear" and once you heal ~ yet again!!! ~ it is just another bump in the road that you needed to get over.

My folks seem to have one new issue after another and if I am not with Liil or over there testing mom's blood, I am bring them to various appointments or if I am lucky, working for the magazine, so if you don't hear from me as often, please know it is not because you are not on my mind or in my prayers.

Lots of hugs across the miles, Linda!!

Visits With Mary said...

Lura, so sorry to hear your news...Maybe, just maybe, it is the "something good" that's coming from your accident...finding this problem is giving you the opportunity to get medical attention early...Keeping you in my prayers!

Sheryl said...

Wow girlfriend. I am with Marie, our deepest felt prayers continue with you, especially thru the latest information and trial. It will be a set back in your recovery I am sure, but you are so amazing...you can do this! Russell and I have to come bug you some more! Love you girl!

Anonymous said...

Lura you don't know me, I'm a friend of Marie and I just want you too know I will add your name to our prayer circle and we shall pray that its Gods will that this was found and that God gives the doctors the skills to fix what ever is wrong.You have had so much struggles I'm so sorry that one more has been added,, you are a strong woman and with the strength of friends and love ones you will come through this in flying colors.Please don't make your self sick worrying,, just give this one to the Lord,, he will take your burden,

Gloria Baker said...

Is hard Im agree, and if we think you feeling better, yes is difficult. Only I have to think that our Father is with you Lura.
And I think when I read this my dear Lura Maybe only maybe if you dont had the accident perhaps many time you dont know this...and know I read Marie write the same...my dear you are strong because are in Fathers hands is the better and we all with you praying always, you are in my heart and pray for you, Love yah my dear, so much! blessings, gloria

LeAnn said...

We sometimes never know how one thing can relate to another. I will be sending forth prayers for you and I will put your name in the temple. I hate that you have to wait for the surgery. Just have a priesthood blessing which I am sure you will and trust in the Lord. ( Proverbs 3:5-6) I know you will be blessed.
You have already blessed my life with your positive attitude and courage in overcoming your struggles with your accident. I know that many are learning from you and their faith has increased. The why usually isn't answered but the blessing will come.
Blessings, hugs and love to you!

Buttercup said...

Dear Lura, I am so sorry to hear this. Know you will be in my prayers each day and I will be reciting psalms for your good health, as well. Hugs and love across the miles!

Wendy/TheCozyYellowHouse said...

Lura, I will continue to pray for you. I know its discouraging to get more news like this but remember God is in Control!! Blessings and peace to you.~hugs~

Anonymous said...

Lura,

I will keep you in my prayers. It is a blessing they were able to find that after the accident, although not a fun accident and recovery to endure. My sister had something similar and it was just a harmless cyst. I am sending happy positive thoughts your way! Take care of yourself and keep us posted. Much love from me!

Gloria Baker said...

Dear Lura my friend, hope you have anice and quiet weekend and feeling better, remember our prayers are with you always.
My mom has to made a surgery too maybe two weeks more,she is little complicated think she have 81 years, Im praying for her and for you my dear Lura, send you huggs and kisses, gloria, love yah!

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

Lura- lots of prayers for you. Like you said, a mixed blessing. Hopefully, it's nothing and they are just being precautionary. But, if it is something, so glad they did the scans and found it.

Lorraine said...

Hi Lura,

We have been missing you at the temple and you are in our prayers every day. Sorry to hear of this new challenge for you. I know that you are so strong. We'll continue praying for you and wish you peace as you wait this out.