I am so thankful for Grampy, David, Patrick, Dathan and Ernie.
I did not have a good father when I was growing up ….. he ran off and left my mom and me…but these 5 good men are excellent husbands and fathers.
I wish them… and all of the good fathers everywhere a Happy Father’s Day.
John got gypped missed out on having a nice Father’s Day Breakfast because I didn’t feel good enough to get up and make him one before he left for church.
He said he was happy to have cold cereal and a banana…. what a fibber good guy.
Sil’s husband is on a business trip so she’s come to spend a few days with us. She made us a short rib lunch that made up for the lack of breakfast. I didn’t get a picture but it was a Father’s Day worthy meal.
We headed out to Mindy and Ernie’s for our traditional Father’s Day dinner where Grampy was greeted with a Welcome sign and hugs from Claire and Mindy.
Our dinner started out with smoked salmon appetizers….
Followed by Miso Soup….
…Tempura … and Ernie and Grampy’s favorite food….
Sushi!!!
Mindy took a Sushi making class a few years ago. It is a lot of work but she makes it each Father’s Day for the 2 favorite men in her life. (Actually I should say for the 3 favorite men in her life because EJ loves Sushi too.)
Sil joined us for dinner and we all agreed that Mindy is quite a Sushi chef. The meal she made us would rival the best Japanese restaurant!!
Grampy got calls from each of our out of state kids…. then the entertainment began.
EJ played a special piece for us and Claire sang us the new song in German that she is working on.
The kids presented Grampy and their dad with special cards they had made for them…. and then came the final touch….
Home made “To die for” chocolate cake.
Ernie and Grampy were ecstatic.
We were glad that the guys saved some cake for us to enjoy too.
I am thankful for my husband, my son and my 3 sons-in-law.
I am thankful that they are such good men who love God and their families.
I am thankful that Mindy and Sil made them such good food today to celebrate this special occasion.
I was sorry that I could not do anything to help but I was smiling all day that these dear men were well taken care of.
I hope that all of you had a special day. Let me know what you did to celebrate.
I hope you have a great week.
Hugs, Lura
p.s. After they took a CTscan at the time of the accident, I was told I had an enlarged ovary that needed to be seen about. This has worried me every since then. I am going to the doctor to check on it tomorrow. I dread that appointment but I am anxious at the same time. I hope it turns out OK. Wish me well.







13 comments:
It is wonderful to celebrate the great men who are courageous in being godly men.
What an excellent day for your family. I think I should take that sushi making class. My hubby would be in absolute heaven! I love how your family is so generous with their talents. So impressed with EJ and Claire. they know how to shine their light that has been given them.
Don't you dare feel guilty for not participating in preparations, because heaven knows it is the legacy of your life and the example your children are following!! ((hugs!))
Lura it sounds like a wonderful family day! I'll be praying about that ovary. blessings, marlene
i'm not a fan of sushi, but that sushi does look awesome(joey LOVES sushi! that looks as good as anything i've seen at any restaurant! what a cool skill to have.) and how fun to all get together to celebrate all the dads in your life. glad to see you sitting at the dinner table too lura! prayers that the dr. appt goes well today and that everything is okay!
Oh I'm so glad that you had such alovely and wonderful day.I'm praying that all goes well at the Doc's.xxxooo
Dear Lura IM happy you reallky enjoy fathers day, look was so nice and you enjoy and all family, never made sushi but maybe soon!! all look nice, aaah and the men of your family are really handsome, look nice!! A special hugg to John, tell him he look really nice and of couyrse you too my dear, you are a lovely rose. aah what beautiful family you have, a blessing, if you have time read my post of chocolate cake when I calebrate twins birthday! Im sure you will enoy! love gloria
Lura : here is the link to the twins birthday if you want look!
huggs
http://canelakitchen.blogspot.com/2011/06/chocolate-and-almonds-mousse-cake-twins.html
Thanks for your post Lura. As always there is something you say that is an inspiration and some comfort! Looks like a great Father's Day you had!! I'm wishing you well for your appointment!!
What a wonderful day you had ! !
Families are so wonderful...
Oh Lura, what a nice Father's Day Family Get-together. It look as if the day was just wonderful for those lucky men in your life! I have enjoyed seeing all the smiles and food and happy faces! I am praying that everything went ok at the Doctors. ((((hugs)))) It may seem sad but it's true, you are my closest and dearest friend. You are like a sister to me and I love you so. I have missed you while you are healing but I know that you are getting better and stronger with each day that passes. I thank my Heavenly Father for that. I hope that we can talk soon. Love always. xxoo
PS - I am impressed with Mindy's Sushi skills!!
Dear Lura thanks for stopping by, dear if you have to make a surgery will be you feel better! sure, and all of us will continue praying.
My mom has make a surgery soon too, after the last exam doctor have make a surgery, Im a little sorry Mom has 81 años I will tell you the date for you pray please Lura, LOL, gloria
I enjoyed your celebration. What a fun time for you both and especially for that great man of yours.
We did have one family here for Father's Day and enjoyed the moments with them. Of course my husband received calls from all of the children and talked with some of the grandchildren.
Prayers will be sent that your visit to the physician will go well.
Blessings to you!
I can tell you haven't been cooking for John as much! And, maybe he's a little stressed out? He's looking skinny to me!
Glad your daughter was able to come over and make a yummy Father's Day meal. I think my invite got lost in the mail!
Post a Comment