Sunday, June 26, 2011

My last Sunday Smiles for May

A_staffy's_Sunday_Six

This has been a long week for me since I found out last Monday that I have to have surgery on July 18th.  I am dreading it….. and nervous about getting the results… and I wish I didn’t have to wait 3 more weeks in suspense…

... but … I have also had lots to smile about this past week.

1. The comments and encouragement I’ve received from you blog friends have made me smile.  Thanks to each of you who left a comment to uplift me….. it worked. I appreciate your prayers and the concern you have given me.

Family and friends have also made me smile.

IMG_1557IMG_1552

2. Sil, Martha, Joe, Craig and Kris all came over to sweep and clean up our patios… that made me smile. This was a big job but these neighbors and friends did it with smiles. Kris and Jan came back the next day to help me replant some of my planters. Wasn’t that nice!

IMG_1612

3. I love going outside with my sweetheart and enjoying our prettied up patios…. smile ….smile

IMG_1605IMG_1609

4. Mindy, Ernie and the kids bringing over a BBQ dinner and swimming with us made me smile.

IMG_1620IMG_1621

My Cali kids knew I was kind of down so they came over and spent the day with us. We loved the good BBQ food and even though I can’t swim yet, I surely had fun watching them.

IMG_1603

5. Ej, Austin and Claire make me smile.

IMG_1567IMG_1571

How could I not smile when these sweet grand kiddos brought me a smiley face sunshine balloon and made me this beautiful fruit salad from our orchard????

6. Sil makes me smile.

IMG_1613

Silvija is such a good friend.

Sil drove 80 miles to stay with us a few days.  Her help and love always makes me smile.

IMG_1627

Then she invited John and I to come and spend a few days with her.  I will tell you more about our little get away later.

 

 

IMG_1625IMG_1626

I went home with Sil last Wed and John joined us yesterday when Sil’s hubby got home from a business trip. We are enjoying a nice weekend together. This is the view outside our bedroom glass door.

IMG_1630

It is so pretty here, we may just move in.

Well, those are some of the things I have been smiling about. I hope that you have lots to smile about too. Have a great week…..

….and…. if you don’t mind, please keep me in your prayers…. this surgery thing is weighing heavy on my mind…. even though I know God is in control and all will be well no matter what the outcome.

Hugs, Grammy Lura

13 comments:

StitchinByTheLake said...

Hi Lura, Such wonderful pictures and such great blessings you've had this week! I continue to pray for you every day asking our Father for healing, for strength, for serenity, for grace and for His loving arms to hold you up. blessings, marlene

Buttercup said...

The surgery has got to weigh on your mind. I am glad to see pictures of you having fun with your beautiful family and friends. I thought of you today especially as I was at a gymnastics program for a friend's daughter and thought of your posts about your grandson. The kids were adorable and so talented. Looking forward to seeing more of photos of your getaway! Hugs and prayers for you!

Linda - Behind My Red Door said...

I am so pleased to see you had some visitors and were able to go to Sil's as well. You are blessed with great family and friends but I know that is because of all you do for others - it is your turn now!

You are indeed in my prayers!! I think about you often. After my overnight, I think about all those days you spent in the hospital and rehab and I just know God will spare you from another ordeal. But I will keep sending up those prayers anyway!

Lots of hugs my friend!!

Cathyjo said...

Dear Lura,so glad to hear about all your wonderful smile,and that you are to enjoy geting out more.
I just know the Lord has noting but sonething that will be useful in some way for you or others.With him by your side you will make it.
You'll in my prayers always.((HUGS))

Jan's Blog said...

I'm SO glad you are back!!! Can't wait to see you!!! Love you!!!

Sybil said...

My dear Lura you and John are always in my prayers...not just once but often during the day my thougts stray towards you and up goes another prayer..what a wonderful friend you have in Sil and lovely to be able to go and stay with her for a few days. It must have been like having a wee holiday.
God Bless,
Much Love Sybil xx

Marie Rayner said...

What a wonderful view to wake up to Lura. How lovely that you are getting to spend this special time with Sil. I know how very difficult it must be with the waiting, but I am so grateful that whatever it is, it has been picked up. I know that except for the accident, you would still be unawares that anything was at all wrong down there. Your family is so sweet. I loved seeing the pictures of their visit to you and what a wonderful looking fruit salad! I know how good that fruit is having had the opportunity to taste it two years ago! It was fabulous! You introduced me to my very first Kumquat!! You are such a dear friend and I love you so very much! I wish we could talk, but maybe soon. I can but hope! I send lots of love and hugs and healing prayers, constantly! xxoo

Gloria Baker said...

dear Lura, anbsolutely nice and wonderful pictures, I love your pictures always are amazing my dear Lura,
yours smiles are absolutely nice.
I think Sil is amazing, I send huggs for her my dear.
Im specially praying for you and my Mom, always. Send you huggs and kisses, we talk soon again, (thanks by your lovely comment) xxxgloria

And your patios are wonderful look heavenly!!

hoLLy said...

you are looking so good lura!! thanks for sharing all of your wonderful pictures of your family and home-beautiful! we'll keep praying for you and praying and praying and praying! i'm sorry you have so much to think about and worry about right now:(

Kris said...

Greetings Lura. We are home and doing the usual catch up with laundry, watering, gardening, tending the chickens, and then of course, there is marketing to do, and all of the rest. And, as always, I have my darling 4 yr. old grandson to keep me busy all day as well. I have been reading back on your posts, and my heart is so heavy for you. I can hear your frustration in your posts, and your worry with your upcoming surgery. I can't even imagine what you have been going through, and now this. But as you say, it is most probably one of those blessings in disguise. And you will be ship shape in no time. You know, I was in a serious car accident when I was an inexperienced teenage driver, and although I was extremely lucky, I broke several ribs, among other things, and remember how incredibly painful that was. And I was a young pup of 16!! I can certainly imagine your pain and discomfort, and for that, I am so sorry.
Perhaps now that I am home, and sometime before my next trip up to Bass Lake, and your upcoming surgery, we will schedule our little get together. I will be delighted to meet you!!!
Hugs..ever so gently,
Kris

LeAnn said...

Your posts continue to warm my heart. You always find positive thoughts to think about. All the smiles and pictures were awesome.
You are so loved and I know that Heavenly Father loves you so much too; and I really feel that you will be OK. I think of you often and pray for you always. I know how hard it is to wait for surgery and I do think you have had more than your share. However, you are a shinning example of faith and courage.
Blessings, prayers and hugs to you and yours.

Kris said...

Reading and viewing your posts is a lovely treat. Even though you are faced with serious situations your faith shines through and your appreciation for the small kindnesses shown you and John is uplifting.

I missed you while you were gone to Sil's. Glad you are back.

Susannah said...

I had a couple of hospital stays last year. The wait is the most dreadful of all. All turned out okay for me...I just know it will for you. Still praying for you every night. You deserve everyone's prayers, Lura.

Susannah

PS...I think the picture of pretty you and handsome husband is so very nice. What a nice looking couple!