Wednesday, September 3, 2008

1st Wednesday Awards

In July I got this lovely award given to me by my dear blog friend, Marie, from http://www.ayearatoakcottage.blogspot.com/
Marie is a chef who lives in England. She publishes wonderful, inspirational, provoking thoughts each day and gives us a great recipe as well. Go to her blog if you don't already. I tried to take this award and pass it on but my computer would not let me upload it. I tried over and over to no avail. Now I can upload it but I can't remember who I was going to pass it on to in July. (I guess I'm having a "senior moment"...I have those more and more lately...) So, I will have to give it out all over again.



This award is for those bloggers who are nice people, good blog friends and those who inspire good feelings and inspiration. Also, for those who have a positive influence on our blogging world. Once you’ve been awarded, please pass on to others who you feel are deserving of this award!”


I would like to pass this on to two of my daughters,


Erin of http://mcgibbon-family.blogspot.com/ and Lynell of http://jacobsondaly.blogspot.com/ . I know that I am biased towards them but they really do have sweet posts that uplift and inspire. Check out their blogs.


I would also like to give it to Kris at http://grandmajournal.blogspot.com/ . Kris is my sweet friend and her love of family, friends and her Heavenly Father shows in her posts.


This is my Blog Smile award.

This award goes to blogs that bring joy and put a smile on your face.

Tonight I would like to pass this one on to Wendi at http://www.becausewendisaidso.blogspot.com/ . Wendi is a fun writer with a great style. She has more awards than she knows what to do with.... and she deserves them all.

and

Marlene at http://stitchinbythelake.blogspot.com/ Marlene is an amazing quilt making grandmother. She inspires me to get busy in my sewing room and start being creative again. She also shares with us her fight with the menopause witch. She cracks me up.

Drop by both of these blogs. I guarantee you will enjoy them and leave with a smile on your face.

Congrats to my five award winners. Please post them on your sidebar and then pass them on. Please link my blog address to my smile award and let me know who it is passed on to. I would like to follow it around the blog world.

I get so much joy from reading all of your blogs. You all are first rate to me. I will be passing out more awards next month on the first Wednesday. Thanks to all of you.

8 comments:

Sheryl said...

Good choices Grammy! I visited Kris' for the first time. You are connected girl! Thank you for seeing the best in all of us, it is your gift!

Wendi said...

No way!
Get. out.
I am so excited!
Picture me doing back flips all over the house.
Thanks for the award.
I am so honored.
I will display it proudly and share the love.
Thanks again!

StitchinByTheLake said...

You are so sweet to bestow this award - thank you. It might take me a few days but you'll see it soon. blessings, marlene

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

Congrats on the awards...and congrats to your winners!

Marie Rayner said...

Wonderful choices Lura!! A lot of these are my own favourites as well and I shall certainly pop over to see each one! I am quite tired today after last night, but am so very grateful for your kind thoughts and prayers. I am giving YW a miss tonight, as I just don't have the energy to play, but I did make some fairy cakes and pink popcorn balls for Todd to take in for them to munch on while they watch the movie Enchanted. I hate to miss it, but I am just too beat!

Erin said...

Thank you mama! I feel so honored! What a sweet award... I love it!

Can't wait to see you in a couple of weeks!

hoLLy said...

yea for the awardees!(is that the right word? i don't know!) your daughters blog are awesome, i agree! i better go check out some of the others that i haven't checked out before!

Kris said...

LURA! You gave ME an AWARD? Thank you SO MUCH! I am so very honored! I realize that I had better look at my favorite blogs more often. IF you hadn't written on mine I wouldn't have known of my great honor.
Getting to know you better has been a great source of fun and joy for Craig and me!