(John took this picture of me talking to Marie. ...no makeup, in my nighty and all)
I had a wonderful surprise this morning.
Marie called me....I actually got to hear her sweet voice and have a lovely visit.
It made my day...umm...no....it made my week!
I slept in a bit later than usual today since my Austin alarm wasn't here to wake me up early. (He usually goes off about 6:00 a.m. no matter what time I put him to bed.) I woke up, read my scriptures as usual and took my time getting up. After getting up I went in to my favorite chair, got out my lap top and settled down, still in my nighty, to say good morning to some of my blog friends..... Yes I have to check in with my blog friends before getting dressed or fixing breakfast.... I know.... I'm addicted to you !
I went to my google reader and started by logging on to Marie to see what message she had for me today and what's cookin' at Oak Cottage. Before her post even came up, my phone rang..... I answered it and heard a sweet voice with a darling Canadian/English accent say...
"Hello Lura, this is Marie"
Marie???
It was my dear blogger friend, Marie calling from England.
I was speechless... I was so surprised.... What a wonderful way to start my day.
We had a lovely long visit. It was wonderful to be chatting in real life with this sweet friend that I have come to love so much through her blog and the comments that she makes on mine. I even got to say hello to her sweetheart, Todd. It was just great.
Thank you so much for calling dear Marie. It means so much to me.
After we hung up I got to thinking about how much blogging has enriched my life. I started blogging just to keep in touch with my sweet family. I was totally surprised and pleased that I met so many new blog friends that mean so much to me. I have come to really care about you. I feel like you are extended family. While I may never have the pleasure of meeting or talking to most of you like I have Marie and Holly, I consider you friends. I appreciate the way you have given me supportive comments on both my sad and happy posts. If you are the regular few that read and comment on my posts I thank you.....
I appreciate you.....I love hearing from you.
I could name all of your names but you know who you are.... It is all of you that take the time to comment on my posts..... everyone of you.
So thanks again Marie and thanks to all of my blog friends.
Blogging has broadened my world. What blogging has done for you?








26 comments:
What a wonderful surprise! And how thoughtful!
Not much going on here...The leaves are starting to turn and they are beautiful. The air has the crisp feel of fall...and of course, the days are getting shorter. It is a comforting feeling...I love the different seasons.
Hope you are feeling better Lura. LOL
Oh Lura. Great minds must think alike as I blogged about our wonderful telephone conversation as well and how much my blogging friends mean to me. I was thrilled to pieces to be able to talk to you yesterday and don't know why I waited so long! It won't be too long before I call you again sometime. I thoroughly enjoyed our conversation and never got even half of what I wanted to say said!!! (Next time I shall make a list first!) Anyways, like you my world has been greatly enriched by blogging and the lovely people I have met through this medium. I call them my invisible friends, and have to say that with all honesty they are as loved and as important to me as my real life friends, maybe even more so in a lot of ways. I can open up my heart to my blogging friends in a special way that I have not been able to to my real life friends. I do lead a very isolated life living and working on this country estate that I have not really had any opportunity to make a lot of real life friends over here. Being so far away from my family, my friends mean even more to me. I love you dearly Lura. You are one of the best. I wish I had gotten Todd to take my picture as I would have had a grin from ear to ear just like you do!!! I can't wait to meet you in person one day! XXOO
What a wonderful way to start your day! I have met 3 online friends in person now and it is so much fun! What did we do before blogging?!!
My goodness! Blessings just pour into your life because of blogging. Your generosity in the blogging world returns buckets of love to you.
You remind me of Mandy Baker. She has a secret life of being a world famous writer. You have a secret blogging life...world famous!
How fun!!!
I know exactly how you feel.
I have spoken with two of my bloggy friends on the phone.
I was so excited and nervous.
I love that I have friends in my computer and I am glad one of them is YOU!
What a fun surprise! Next time Marie calls give her a hello from me!
I have some wonderful blog friends, too! It is such a great community.
it is just so awesome that you got to talk to marie! i just love marie too-she is a special lady! i bet that was so fun to chat!
i was extra lucky-i got to talk to you and meet you! yea me! :)
That's so fun that you got to talk to your blogging BFF. I gave you a blog award. Check my blog for details.
Kris told me on the phone about your surprise and I couldn't wait to get to your blog and read about it. How sweet this was for you, and how happy I am for you. XOXO
Lura what a blessing God sent you this morning! How sweet of Marie to call and surprise you. Blogging is a balm to my spirit sometimes and at others it's a shot of vitamins that gets me going. I too feel like I have an extended family that I don't see but who's hearts touch my heart. blessings, marlene
Well, blogging (via you) introduced me to the Twilight books, which I have absolutely LOVED!! And has connected me with others who love the books too! Of course my favorite thing to do with blogging is to come here and read YOUR blogs!
By the way, that was way cool about Marie calling you! What a wonderful surprise!
You are taking blogging to a whole new level. You are so good at leaving personal, heartfelt comments, I'm not surprised how many people want to be your friend (in real life) and feel connected to you.
That was so sweet of her to call you! Isn't blogging the BEST!!
I found your blog thru Wendi's. I loved reading several of your entries. I have been teaching special education for 13 years, & it broke my heart to hear of some of the hurtful things that some of your students did. I hate that you had to endure some of those things, but it made me think of how lost & hurting all those kids were, & probably still are. You may never know how you truly touched them. I have always worked in situations where most of my kids were lucky to get to school, & often it is the safest place for them to be. (as well as maybe the only hot meal) Please know that you touched many more than you realize...even those who were nasty & hurtful. Sometimes these kids no nothing but how to lash out & tear someone down...it's what they live 24/7. You DID make a difference, & it seems you are continuing in your retirement! You go, girl!! :)
Keep blogging...what a wonderful tool to preserve your family memories as well as share what you have learned thru the years with others.
Ok, that should have been, "Sometimes these kids KNOW nothing...not "no." It's getting late, & that's my cue to go to bed! :)
That is just so exciting. Isn't it cute that dad called to tell me that you were on the phone with Marie. It actually made my day too. Love you
Is a wonderful surprise and Im glad for you!!I hope you feeling better! Have a lovely dayxxxxxxxGloria
The world does seem much smaller through blogging. :) I have met up with alot of old friends who I would never have been able to before--stay up with their lives & stay close, plus meet a ton of new friends & interesting people--one of those being you!!
Just finished reading the comment from you on my blog. We are thankful for every day that goes by without a catastophe...believe me, they are few and far between. I learned at a tender young age, to roll with the punches, and I am now happy I learned that lesson in my early life. My parents taught us kids such valuable lessons, but it wasn't until I got older, AND GREW UP, AND GOT SMARTER, that I realized just how amazing they were.
Love reading your blog. Sometimes I don't leave comments, but reading your blog is on my "to do" list every day. LOL
What a great story! I, too, am thankful for the blog friends I meet, and especially for you! You're lovely comments always make my day - thanks!
Yeah, you can borrow book four...Nancy's almost done with it. I'm reading the books over again too, but I just started Twilight again today, so I won't need book four for a little while. :) So sure, no problem.
I got a surprise like that on my birthday this year, from Wisconsin - it was delightful. Blogging is a true and wonderful community!
I have made so many friends with blogging also. We have even planned trips with blog friendsand events in mind and it just makes the world so much friendlier.
I hope you feel better and enjoy this nice season!
Karen
Post a Comment