
Amanda Ashley's Night Series
...
Let me give you a little back ground first.... I know you are anxious to meet the vamps...but just give me a minute......
Mandy is my visiting teacher. For those of you who don't know, being a visiting teacher is a calling that all of us ladies have in the Mormon church. We each get a list of ladies that we visit once or more a month. We take them a spiritual message and check to see if they need any help or service rendered that month. Since no leadership position is paid in our congregation and our Bishop and other leaders must work to support themselves, it is impossible for them to contact every member every month.... so we have visiting teachers representing our Relief Society (the ladies organization ) and home teachers who are men representing the priesthood that contact each of us every month.
That is how I met Mandy. I had noticed a pretty lady in the congregation but didn't know her until she became my visiting teacher.
As she visited me from month to month we got to know each other. She asked me about my job and I told her all about my teaching experiences in both my high school and college classes. She seemed impressed with my accomplishments. I was flattered. She told me that she was a stay at home grandmom. I thought... that's nice.
Time went by.... one day she mentioned that she could only visit me a short while because she had to get home and work on a book she was writing.... again I thought.... how nice.... she was writing a book.
Oh, I said, you like to write?
Oh, yes she answered.
What are you writing I said, thinking I would give her encouragement.
Romance novels she said.
How fun..... are you going to try to get it published?
I already sold it she said.
I was excited...... You sold it!!! How great!!! When will it be published?
Uhh, I think it will come out next July... after the other two.
Other two????
You've written 2 other books????
Yes, so far this year.
So far this year!!! How many books have you written???
Umm, I think this is number 54.....
That is how I learned Mandy was the New York best selling author who writes under the name Amanda Ashley for her vampire series and Madeline Baker for her western series. (Did I feel dumb or what!!!)
Her books are shorter than Stephanie Meyers' Twilight books. Mandy's are usually around 365 pages. They are published in paperback and cost around $6.99. I like them because her stories move quickly without a lot of filler. Her vampires, like Edward, are handsome, sexy, have amazing powers and are not killers. However her vamps are not hard and cold like Edward. They are very likable.
Why don't you meet them? If you like the Twilight books I am pretty sure you will like Mandy's vampires as well as Edward or better. Try them out.
Night's Kiss is the first of the 3 Night series books.
Night's Touch is number 2. Ever wonder how vampires could raise an adopted daughter? Read this book and you will find out.
Night's Master is the last in this series. It will be out in Oct. Mandy gave me an advanced copy and I'm about half way through it. It has vampires and werewolves coexisting in a small town.... of course a human girl is in the middle.
She has many other Vampire books out. I've read several. They are entertaining.
I also like her western romance novels.
If you would like to read more about Mandy you can use either of these web sites.
http://vampirewriter.blogspot.com/
http://amandaashley.com/work6.htm
..
I've got to stop blogging and go read another chapter.
Happy reading.... and go visit my new blog friends.
Have a good day.







20 comments:
i'll definitely have to check them out(your blog friends and your friend's books!)
Thanks for stopping by my blog! I just finished "New Moon" and am going to start "Eclipse" tonight. I'm excited that you said it picks up on the third book, that's very good! Thank you for introducing me in your blog. I really enjoyed this blog of yours, especially all that you wrote of our dear friend Mandy. I really do love her books too! Just let us know when you want Heidi to come...she is always welcome. :)
How precious of you to include me in your list. It brought tears to my eyes. Thank you so much for visiting and commenting on my blog. I was sure that no one but Darien would ever care or enjoy my efforts. You've opened my world. I know that sounds dramatic but I mean it. You are just precious!!!
ooh! how fun! I will have to check out all your links and those books, too!
Oh, I'll be sure to check out your blogger friends Lura. Any friend that is recommended by you has to be worth a visit or two or three!!! I am intrigued by your writer friend as well! How wonderful! I shall be sure to check out her books as well. As a writer trying to break into the market I am well impressed. She must be very good indeed! Thanks so much Lura for your steadfast and loyal visits to my page. They and your comments mean the world to me! (((hugs)))
I'll have to check them out! :)
Hey! Great post! You are the connecter of all bloggers..you rock.
I'll stop by and say hi to your friends. Do you need to read Amanda Ashley's books in order like the Twilight Series or are they all separate stories? They sound interesting and I would like to check them out. Thanks for the info!
Dear Lura, I was thinking all Sunday in post you but was a so busy Sunday, but now Im a little quiet (I have to study with Esperanza History, "The cold war" yes the same (all these times URSS and USA) Anyway
I want to thankfull you all your lovely word about Marìa Esperanza and my worries.
The other day Lura we go to Psquiatrist but I dont like her so much. She said that the problems of Esperanza were because how we care her, and she need a authority, ( really she hate autorithy) I think all we are is a mix of genetic, parents, nurserey (crianza) and enviroment and etc.etc. If you think Gerardo Jr. and M. Esperanza have the same education and are twins but they are differents, and to the people we believe in God, really any person is special and unique.
Well the best part I really thgink the medicines are well to her, at the moment.
This weekend come Mom and Dad so is good.
Ilove read, and heard about Amanda Ashley' books! I sen you huggsss and thanks Gloria
I feel like I know you through reading all your sweet comments on Lynell and Julie C.'s blogs! You seem like such a wonderful loving person! I love this post! I will have to say hi to all your friends! Hope to hear back from you! I am glad to see that Lynell is back! We missed her! Lots of love, Kelsi
Thanks again for introducing me to your blogger friends! Thanks for stopping by and commenting on my most recent post. We're sure looking forward to having Heidi come over!
Thanks for the prayers. I really appreciate it! And, I would love it if more people could pray for the platelets to go up, too!
Thank you for sending your friends to my blog and to Jan's. You attract great people. Lura, I am so grateful to know you through your blog. You are such a kind, generous and loving lady. To see the world through your eyes is to see it through love and service.
I need to talk to Mandy about getting her books. My goodness, VAMPIRES are EVERYWHERE!
Good to hear back from you! I meet Lynell through blogging she said hi and noticed we had a lot in common we both had 4 boys and then a girl! All blondies! I also love to dance! I feel like I have known her forever! I bet she gets that alot! I would love to keep in touch with you too! Have a great day!
I've left you a little something on my blog...make sure to head over and check it out.
isn't it funny what we sometimes don't know about the person who's sitting right next to us?! Wow! 54 books - even with formulas that's quite an accomplishment!
I say do just what you said - get all decorated, get the house nice and chilly and have a fire. Even if only for a an hour or so - just for a treat!! Kind of like when us northeners go south in the winter for a chance to bask in the sun in February. Well not US - I don't do that - bask in the sun that is - but the rest of them!
Lura tell me what is the Award tou want to give and I add you name is that say "I love so much" or that "I love your blog"" when saometimes other give me a award I add the name of my friend. Gloria.
Pray by us tomorrow Spquiatrist!(in the morning) later I comments to you.
I had a big smile on my face when I read again how you came to find out that Mandy is a best selling author! That was really fun to read again, you're a really good story teller! Can't wait to see you and Heidi next week!
Hi Lura ~ thanks so much for showcasing a few of my books! You are such a sweetie! Maybe, with your help, I can sell as many books as Stephanie Meyer. I read her books and loved them, although her hard, cold vampires kind of turned me off, but I loved the books.
See you in church.
Mandy
Post a Comment