Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Wed. awards and wonderings


I know that it is not the first Wednesday of the month which is my award day, but I just received this "I love your blog" award from Krystyn. I've seen it on other blogs and thought it was so nice.
I am thrilled to receive it.
Thank you so much Krystyn.
Krystyn is young mother of a 2 year old, a chemistry teacher and is expecting # 2 in 35 days. She is having complications with her pregnancy because her platelet count has dropped really low. If the platelet level does not come up it will cause complications with her delivery.
She asked for us to pray for her.... so please keep her in your prayers. Drop by her blog, and give her some bloggy encouragement.
...
Now, the hard part is passing this award on to only 7 others because I really do love all of your blogs. Luckily for me, several of you that I read and love have already received it.... so no matter who gave it to you consider that it is from me too.
The rules for getting this award are:
1. post it in your sidebar with a link to the person who sent it to you
2. give it out to 7 people who's blog you love and link to them
3. Tell your awardees that you gave them the award
...
Drum roll please....
My picks for today are:...
...
Megan from Georgia. Megan amazes me. She is a young mother that is full of wisdom and good advice. I wish that I had had her as a resource when I was teaching.
...
Wendi from North Carolina. Wendi's blog is so much fun. She has a wonderful writing style and view on life. I know that I just gave her my "Blog smile" award but I do love her blog so I have to pass this one on to her too.
...
Julie from Connecticut . Julie is a young mom of 3 girls and a boy (just like my gang). Her blog is funny and touching at the same time. She happens to be married to my almost son, Adam (my son David's life long friend), but that does not bias me.
...
Jamie from Georgia . Jamie is full of faith. She loves the Lord and bears testimony of Him often in her posts. She is an inspiration to me and many others.
...
Holly from Texas . She is a sweet mom and a really fun gal. If you link up with her you can also meet her neat family that are regular blogger and fun to read too.Holly just found that her pregnancy was not to be and had a D & C. Send her some love.
...
Linda from New England . Take a look at Linda's beautifully decorated home. You will think that you have gone to "Better Homes and Gardens"
...
Angie from "old" England . Hop over the pond and say hi to this sweet lady... She is deaf and crippled but she has a great outlook on life. She is recovering from an accident where her motorized wheel chair ran over her and broke bones. Go and wish her well.
...
Chelsea from Ca . Chelsea loves animals and has a heart of gold. I love her and her blog.
...
Now that my difficult award giving task is completed..... (I just realized I gave out 8 instead of 7....oh well.... they all deserve it.)
Anyway.....I've been wondering....
...
1. How is Marie in England doing today? She works so hard and brings so much joy into my life.
..
2. How are things going for Gloria in Chile? Is her adopted daughter feeling better. I hope so.
..
3. How is Cinderelen doing in Greece? I haven't heard from her in a while. I hope all is going well as she starts going to college.
..
4. How is Kristen recovering in Australia? I am thankful that her tumor was benign. I hope that she is gaining her strength after her surgery. It is not easy being down when you have 4 little boys at home to take care of.
..
5. How is Jan from Colorado feeling? How much time has she got left? It touches my life to read how she is filling her last days caring for her little great niece that she adores instead of feeling bitter or sorry for herself.
..
6. Are Patty and my other Texas blog friends safe from the hurricane Ike headed their way?
..
7. How is Marlene in Arkansas doing? Is that menopause witch still giving her trouble? Is she going to have this weeks project "Finished by Friday"?
..
8. Where are you Grandma B? I miss you a lot! I hope you will be back soon.
And...
9. How did I EVER MANAGE before I met all of you blog friends? You have broadened my world and enriched my life. Thank you!
...
Now it is your turn..... Please leave a comment and tell me...
...
1. How did you get into blogging?
2. What does blogging mean to you?
Have a great day. Love and hugs, Grammy Staffy

19 comments:

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

I'm glad you enjoyed your award and thank you SO MUCH for spreading the prayer request.

I will have to come back later and check out all of your people. They all seem very fascinating.

StitchinByTheLake said...

The menopause witch sent a hot flash my way in the middle of Bible study at church tonight. It lasted about 2 minutes, just long enough to leave me "glowing" as we southern women say. Since the air conditioning was on Race that meant that the rest of the night I was freezing! As for Finished by Friday, I'm not quite sure where my week went but not much is really and truly finished, but I did get a couple of tops done so I might show you those. :) blessings, marlene

Marie Rayner said...

Beautiful post Lura, as always. I shall be sure to check out all the lovely links you have given. I am feeling alright today. I am a bit sad, but can't quite put my finger on why. I wish you lived closer so that we could sit and have a long chat. I just know that our hearts would understand each other and I don't know why exactly, but as I write this the tears come. I'll chalk that up to menopause shall I? I hope you have had a lovely evening at the Temple. Todd and I are going on Tuesday next in the evening. I started bloggint so that I could put some of my memories and stories down for my children to read and I have kept it up because I have made some lovely and much treasured friends through it, friends such as you. Would so much love to talk with you sometime one on one.

Gloria Baker said...

Thanks dear Lura by asking you are really nice. I place your name with Marie look at my Blog you are together!!
Yesterday I went to psquiatrist was short!! (better) and she said (I dont know) Marìa Esperanza is better, I think the medicines are good for her, but still she doesn't speak so much and the other week we have to talk with the squiatrist (Hubby and me) We have to continue pray I think.Is the only thing comfort me, last night I canno't sleep and you know we think a lot of things, so I pray and finally sleep.

DEar I begin to blogging because many frienda of England asked me translate some recipes, at begin I only post in english but some bloggers claim me and say they dont speak english (sometimes I think all people ttalk it) soI begin to post the recipes in english and spanish.
How you the friendship with many bloggers are amazing, I have a lot of friends that i talk a lot and know about me more others persons of here.
I send you kisses and huggss!! Gloria

Last thing: I will be so happy if some day I may talk face to face with Marie and you!! some day!

Lynell said...

Hi Mom,
We just got off the phone. Have fun with your knew linking skills. Love you and your blog.

I blog (well kind of) because I don't write in a journal. But I don't blog to well either. Hey I am trying! Ü

Linda - Behind My Red Door said...

Hi Lura~

Thank you so much for stopping by and letting me know about this sweet award! You always have the kindest words for me and people like you are one of the reasons I continue to blog. I love meeting kind and caring women who open their doors and their hearts to family, friends and strangers like me, and who can turn a dreary day, into a bright and shiny one.

I started blogging after going to a quilter's blog and she semed to have THE most interesting life and I loved seeing her home, and when I intrdouced her blog to my friends, they said I shoud blog. Our son was about to get married and what better thing to share than that? And I have never looked back!

I shall mention this award next time I post - Thank you again! And I am goingback to my blog to see why you are not showing un on my blog roll!!

Have a great weekend!

Jan's Blog said...

Thank you so much. You are always so sweet and generous towards me. I'm under the weather right now and struggling a bit, so I will come back soon to read all of your blog. My prayers go out to Krystyn.

Sheba's Mommy said...

Thanks for the love sweet Lura! You really are a sweetheart! I love coming to visit your blogs, they're always great fun to read! Love ya lots!!

kristen said...

Oh thank you so much. You are so lovely.
I'm doing great. Fealing fine and off to see the Dr. again in 2 weeks for the full report.
Not worried now that I know it is benign. Takes a lot of pressure off.

I am so slack at blogging lately. It's going to get worse too I'm afraid as the kids are about to start school holidays so finding time is going to be hard. I might sneak on while they are in bed at night.
Take care and it's nice to catch up on reading your blog.
Have a great weekend
Love Kristen

hoLLy said...

thanks so much lura! :) i really appreciate you choosing me for one of the award recipients-i'm honored!!

so, i'm having a good day. my family is actually here(they ran away from ike and i don't mind one bit!) its been so nice to have my mom here, especially with everything thats gone on lately. and it looks like corpus christi will be spared from the hurricane so thats good for them. anyways, thanks for the love, the thoughts, the sweet blog comments, prayers, everything. i love ya!

Sheba's Mommy said...

You know, I just read the part where the ones that are nominated are supposed to nominate seven of their blogging buddies...well, considering I only have FOUR blogging buddies, I would have to nominate all of them, but I think you'd be number one on that list, especially since you got me started on all of this blogging fun, and because you're one of the kindest people I know! I love ya!

Anonymous said...

isn't it amazing how the internet connects us with folks there would be no way we could meet otherwise?! Look at your international roster! awesome!

Patty said...

Thanks for thinking of me and being concerned for my families safety. Hurricane Ike hit Houston early this morning and Corpus Christi didn't even get a drop of rain. We were blessed to be able to evacuate to Dallas though, meaning we got to visit our family. I'm visiting my daughters and grandbaby's right now. So, the hurricane wasn't bad at all for me! I am sad for those it has affected though :( Thanks again for your concern!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Lura
I stumbled across your blog while visiting Linda @ Behind my Red Door.
I first happened across blog sites when I googled 'easy hand made gifts for Christmas'. Somehow I got connected to a site, then I went on a site on their blog roll then on another and another. Now I have probably 20 or more that I like to visit. I have added yours too.

I find blogging extrememly interesting - so many great women out their, living their lives to their best, including the struggles, triumphs, laughter and tears. Isn't that what womanhood is all about? Fascinating stuff.

I had pen pals when I was a young teenager and I guess this is one way of having lots of blog pals and meeting a diverse bunch of girls just living their lives like I am. So many interesting topics - children, hormones, recipes,faith, happiness, saddness etc.

I'll visit again soon and I'd love you to visit me - I've just started blogging too.
wwww.simplyjoolz.blogspot.com

Cheers from Julie in Millicent, South Australia

Oma aka Meme said...

I think I got into blogging by word of mouth or I should say reading other blogs- I had to take a year off and I have retired my old blog for a while as I need to do some therapy blogging but will soon do the other blog too- right now blogging is just a way to share my day and thanksgivings as this summer was a hard summer for me----

bows and more said...

Those are some great blogs! I can see why you got that award! You are one in a million! Have a wonderful day!

Megan said...

oh, thanks!

i think it's so great you picked up the blogging bug- it's a great thing for your family!!!!

Megan

Jamie {See Jamie blog} said...

Thank you, thank you, thank you! You are so sweet!

I started blogging just because it looked like a fun way to sort of journal, like an easy online sort of scrapbook. Then I realized people were actually reading it! It's been amazing to think that God has actually used my ramblings to bless people!

Wendi said...

Grammy,
Thanks for this wonderful award.
I am so excited!
You have no idea how honored I am.
I read about it in my reader, but in case you haven't heard...one of my computers crashed and I have had internet issues.
I have even had a hard time leaving comments lately.
I think I am back!
Sorry about not getting by sooner.
I didn't want you to think I was not grateful for my award.
I must post them both on my sidebar soon.
Thanks again for the bloggy love...right back at ya!