Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Happy Birthday Dear Marie....and Thanks for the award

Happy Birthday to You

Happy Birthday to You

Happy Birthday Dear Marie

Happy Birthday to you

This is my very special blog friend Marie http://ayearatoakcottage.blogspot.com/. She didn't know that I tiptoed over to her old post today and stole this picture of her.

Isn't she darling! Just looking at her makes me want to give her a hug.
...

The love she has for others twinkles in her eyes.
Her optimistic attitude in life shows in her sweet smile.
...
Claire and I had a tea party today in honor of Marie's birthday. Even Grampy joined us. We made Marie's cinnamon roll toast for our celebration. We were in such a hurry to wish her happy birthday that Claire and I didn't take time to put on our tiaras or our princess dresses like we usually do.... and even though Marie is a proper English lady, we know that she loves us and will excuse our causual attire at tea time.

Although I have never had the joy of meeting Marie in real life she is a wonderful friend to me and many others.

She is really amazing.

She publishes a post EVERY SINGLE DAY!!! ....and it is always GREAT!
...
She writes wonderful, inspirational thoughts, posts beautiful pictures and always gives us a delicious recipe to share. She works as a chef. I'm sure that she puts in long exhausting hours in her profession, but she still takes time out time each day for me and you. I really don't know how she does it.... but I love her for it.

If you don't read Marie's post already.... you should. My daughter had to tell me to go to her blog several times before I did so. As soon as I hopped over the pond to England and dropped into her cottage, I knew that we would be dear friends. Across all these miles I am touched by her sweet spirit and attitude in life. I love Marie. I can hardly wait to hear from her each day. My fond hope is that I will get to meet her in real life one day.

...

When I crept over to grab her picture this morning I found that she had given me an award. That is just like her to give to others on her birthday.

I am honored to receive this lovely award.


"This very beautiful award, an expression of the special threads of relationship and sisterhood connecting women, was created by the artist Tammy Vitale of Women, Art, Life: Weaving it All Together. Its purpose is to send love and acknowledgment to women who brighten your day, teach you new things, and live their lives fully with generosity and joy. "
...

Like any award, it comes with rules and obligations:
..

1. You can give it to one or one hundred or any number in between - it’s up to you. Make sure you link to their site in your post.

2. Link back to Tammy's blog: Women, Art, Life: Weaving it All Together (so Tammy can go visit all these wonderful women and see where, and who, the award has traveled to).
...

Like Marie, it is hard for me to select blog friends to pass this on to. There are so many of you that brighten my day through your blogs and your comments. However, today I would like to pass this lovely award on to two friends that have touched my heart this week.

The first is Sheryl from Heavenly being Holmes. http://sherylrussellholmes.blogspot.com/ Sheryl is one of the few blog friends that I know in real life. I've spent quite a bit of time with her this week as she and her family prepared for the marriage of her son, Jordan to his bride, Breana. Normally most of, or all of, the hours of work that she did would have been done by the bride's family. However, since Breana's mother has MS and was physically not able to do so, Sheryl took on the duties of the mother of the groom and the bride. She and her family worked endless hours for days preparing food, flowers and decorating for this wonderful occasion.... and then cleaning up afterwards. Never once did she complain or grumble. It was a joy to watch the service she gave so willingly from her heart. Much of the beauty of Jordan and Breana's wedding day was because of the vision and hard work of this sweet lady. She was an example to me. You deserve this award Sheryl.

Holly from http://mykidssayimsilly.blogspot.com/ is my second award recipient. While I know Holly best from her blog and comments she makes I had the privilege of meeting her and her family when they visited Ca. It was such a joy to spend an afternoon and evening with them. Holly was just as sweet as I knew she would be. She has always been there for me. She reads all of my posts and comments on them. I don't know why a young mother like Holly has been such a faithful reader and support to this old grammy, but she has. This week she noticed from a comment I made on another post that I was a bit down. She took the time to send me an email to see what was troubling me. I was touched by her kindness and concern for me. So Holly, enjoy this award.
....

There are others that I would like to pass this award on to but I will have to do it at a later date. My granddaughter, Claire is spending a couple of days with me and she is waiting for us to go jump in the pool. When I started this post I only intended to say Happy Birthday to Marie.... However, when I hopped over to her post to sneak away her picture I saw that she had giving me this award honor and I had to respond.

...
So Happy Birthday again Marie and Congrats to my award winners.

...
May they and all the rest of you have a great day. Love, Grammy Lura

13 comments:

Gloria Baker said...

Dear Grammy I want to whish to Marie, a really Happy Birthday and lot of blessings, and congrats to you by the Award, is lovely!! hugs! xxxGloria

hoLLy said...

i agree with everything you said about marie-she is such a wonderful lady. her posts are always so inspiring and delicious!i hope she has a great birthday.i love how through blogging i am able to connect with so many people near and far.

and THANK YOU so much for choosing me for one of the award recipients. it made my day! :) you've commented before saying how you don't know why someone younger like me would follow the blog of someone older and that makes me laugh. don't be silly:) it doesn't matter the age, we are all sisters, and i have felt a connection with you since we became friends via the world wide web. and now, even more, since i've gotten to meet! your posts are so sweet, so sincere, and carry a special spirit. i love it when my google reader shows a new post from grammy! :)

Sheryl said...

You are such a sweetheart! Thank you for the lovely words. I am the one who is in awe of my friends who came to my aide to help cut food, prepare food and flowers, decorate, being on your feet all evening. You being willing to run home and get items forgotten or needed. I felt of your love and sisterhood for days, and I know it brought us closer together. Thank you for the award! So glad Marie bestowed it on you, because you are amazing!

cyndi/mom/nana said...

Happy Birthday Marie. You are indeed a very good friend to many.

Patty said...

You are so sweet Grammy. You really threw her a special party! Happy Birthday Marie!! Also, thanks for being such a good friend to Holly!

Judy - Scottsdale,AZ said...

It is such a pleasure to find your blog! I have been reading Marie's blog for quite some time and agree that she is "special" & someone I really would like to meet in person some day! You have a great family and I find your posts quite interesting. Thank you for being there and I wish you all the best!

Judy

Erin said...

Happy Birthday Marie!

The yummy food and a fun tea party, what a treat! A perfect way to celebrate!

Marie Rayner said...

Oh my gosh Lura! You have brought tears to my eyes here with your kind words and Birthday wishes! Here I was trying to give you something special and you go and give me something even more special back! This is so sweet of you and just proof positive that you were indeed the right person for me to pass the Wylde Woman award on to! Your thoughtfulness and caring are a real blessing to everyone who knows and loves you my dear sweet friend. Congrats to the lovely ladies you have chosen to pass it on to as well! Well deserved too, I might add, as I love these gals too! Seeing you, John and your grand-daughter celebrating my birthday with my delicious cinnamon roll toast really made my day! How wonderful! And you are right, my birthday is the 13th, but for some reason my posts always show up as the day before! I think it's the time difference between blogger and where I live! Anyways, thanks so much my dear friend! XXOO

Marie Rayner said...

PS. I have no doubts that we WILL meet in person one day! I have put my order in to HF and I know that if we pray hard enough and are sincere, He will grant our righteous wishes!

Wendi said...

Happy Birthday to Marie!
Congratulations on your award and to the other recipients!!!
Happy Thursday!

StitchinByTheLake said...

I totally agree with you - Marie makes me think and makes me smile and, sometimes, makes me gain weight! blessings, marlene

Linda - Behind My Red Door said...

It's nice to meet you Grammy - I hope to be a grammy by this time next year!!

What a sweet post to an Internet friend. I have made some wonderful friends over the Internet and have had the pleasure of meeting two of them and it was like we were old friends.

Thanks for stopping by my blog.

Anonymous said...

congrats on joining the Wylde Women sisterhood! and thanks for passing the award along.

I too have met folks "across the pond" with one dear friend in England...and the Wylde Women award has taken me everywhere! It's amazing how alike we all are no matter how far apart.

Love the way you spotlighted your awardees! Very cool.