Today is my birthday and I turned 64..... I can't believe it .... 64..... I don't feel that old..... Of course I don't feel that young any more either. My house just turned 30..... like me she is considered pretty old now too.... past her prime. We have seen the years come and go. She has comforted me through both happy and hard times. I love her and I find that we are both a lot alike. 
We moved in 28 years ago when our children were young. We both watched them grow up and leave home. Now they are all grown with families of their own. Her rooms and my arms are empty and miss them but they are doing well and we are happy for them. Sweet memories comfort us.
We have been together all of these years but clearly we have not aged the same. She has gotten better in the last few years.... This was me 14 or 15 years ago. As you can see from looking at me now, I've just gotten older....and older.... and older.... certainly not better.However, we do have a lot in common.
I wouldn't say that either one of us are particularly pretty on the outside.
There is nothing outstanding or eye catching about us. In fact, we are quite ordinary.
This is where we gather with friends and loved ones. It is our favorite place.
...

We both enjoy spending time together in the kitchen and feeding family and friends.
Some of our private inside parts are quite nice.....
....Some are a mess and need work. At least we are aware of our faults and are trying to improve.
...
We have both added on to our size.
The 800 sq. feet added on to her for the extra bed room
and game room is good.
...The 35 lbs I've added on are not a good thing. I need to get busy and do something about that.... but so far I've been too lazy....maybe I will this year.
We have both had our share of injuries and physical problems.
I have also benefited from John's tender care and talents. His love has touched my life and made me a better person.
My birthday wish for us today is that you and I might continue being together and able to love and serve our family and friends.... for that is what brings us both happiness.
..
I wish a Happy Birthday to my dear daughter-in-law, Marla, tomorrow and a good day to my sweet blog readers as well.
...
For her being large is an asset.... unfortunately it is not for me....but like her I do enjoy getting dressed up for special occasions.
...
For her being large is an asset.... unfortunately it is not for me....but like her I do enjoy getting dressed up for special occasions.We have both had our share of injuries and physical problems.
Her fire of '91 and flood of '05 were quite devastating.





When we have had these difficult times, family and friends have come to lend a helping hand and help us recover. In her case, she turned out better than before. I did not turn out better physically, but I am better in other ways. I learned to pray with more meaning and appreciate health and abilities that I had taken for grated before.
When we have had these difficult times, family and friends have come to lend a helping hand and help us recover. In her case, she turned out better than before. I did not turn out better physically, but I am better in other ways. I learned to pray with more meaning and appreciate health and abilities that I had taken for grated before.
...
John has put years of work and love into her
care. He has built patios, landscaped and planted
I have also benefited from John's tender care and talents. His love has touched my life and made me a better person....
So here we are old gal, you and I, not as fashionable ,up to date or full of energy as we used to be, but we look back on the years we have spent together with contentment. Of course there were many mistakes made within your walls as there have been within my life. We have both gone through some difficulties along with all the great times we've had together. We have been blessed. I think that we are both better from our experiences.... at least I hope so.
My birthday wish for us today is that you and I might continue being together and able to love and serve our family and friends.... for that is what brings us both happiness.
..
I wish a Happy Birthday to my dear daughter-in-law, Marla, tomorrow and a good day to my sweet blog readers as well.










27 comments:
Beautiful entry Lura! Happy Birthday to both you and your lovely home! And many thanks to John for taking such tender loving care of both of you! I hope you have a wonderful day. Somehow I know you will for sure!
Happy Birthday to you both.
Happy, happy birthday! To you and your home!
happy birthday lura!!! i hope you have the best day and that you get to do something special on your special day. you AND your house are alike i agree-both GORGEOUS inside and out! and i think you look fabulous for 64, fabulous!
aw, happy birthday to you both!
Megan
First of all, Happy Birthday! When I was in my 30s I wondered what it would be like to be in my 60s. Now that I know I love it here! I've only been in my house 5 years but it already feels like an old friend, a bit shabby but comforting to be in and welcoming to family and friends. Blessings, marlene
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU....
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU....
HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR LURA...
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU...
and many more !!!
Happy Birthday to you! Hope you have a wonderful day.
Happy (Belated) Birthday! I am back from a long absence, and I just got back to reading blogs today. Loved the post and I enjoyed the pictures! Hope you had a great birthday
Happy Birthday. I love how you write the analogy is just perfect. I love your home and I especially love that you have been in the same home for as long as you have that's great. Beautiful you are the both of you.
Happy Birthday!
Wow that was so well written! I don't think I could have thought of comparing myself to my home, but you did a great job!
Happy Birthday to you both! I hope I look as good as you did when you were 50 (LOVE that picture!!) and look as good at 64!
I didn't know Dayne helped with the fire restoration, funny to see how skinny he was in the picture holding the door! LOL
Hi Lura,
Fun to see your house again from so far away. Hope you had a great bay! Belated birthday wishes!!!
Your friend in Patagonia,
Luigi
It is so beautiful =] Oh gosh, you were so pretty in the second photo =]
HAPPY BIRTHDAY :D :D :D :D :D :D
I wish when I will turn 64 years old to be at least the half happy as you are right now :)
I wish you health, happyness and my present to you are some hugs with all my heart.
Happy birthday to both of you :)
Have a good night and another filled with love and smiles :)
Happy Birthday to both of you!!!!:)
64 and going strong and beautiful!!!
Happy Birthday to both of you!!!!:)
64 and going strong and beautiful!!!
Happy Birthday Mom!
Hope you had a super day! Too bad you couldn't stay up here for another week and celebrate with us!
The house looks great! You guys have put so much work into it! What a happy place to be!
Love you!
Hope you had a great birthday!! Sorry I didn't comment earlier, but I have been away visiting Holly and Tara and and trying to get the Twilight Chronicles read. (they are a little addicting) Thanks for giving us a tour of your house. I know it holds so many wonderful memories for you!
Happy Birthday! What a memorable post.
Okay I have been such a slacker when it comes to the blogging world but today I had a second and yours is the only one I had a chance to read. I love you and I love the way you write. Thanks for all the fun memories. I hope your day was wonderful. I wish I could have been there. I am so sad that we weren't able to come and visit this summer. I can't wait until Thanksgiving.
Happy Birthday Grammy!!!
I am so sorry that I missed it.
I have been without a computer for far too long!
Glad to finally be catching back up!
Holy cow, you're right! I enlarged the pic of Justin and David, and sure enough! What a similarity LOL!!
I hope you have the Happiest of all Happy Birthdays! You have a lovely post on it, and I love all the pictures. You and your home do look lovely and welcoming!
Happy belated birthday! You are beautiful inside and out! I love your house especially the outside and that wonderful fountain..
Happy birthday! Just like your house, you don't look a day over 30! :)
Happy Birthday to you!!! I agree with Holly, you both look fabulous!!!
I wanted to thank you Lura for introducing me to blogspot! I am having fun exploring the different things to do on here! I love your blogspot and think you are just such a neat lady!
-Chelsea
Post a Comment