I hope that all of you had a Happy Halloween that left smiles on your faces like it did mine. Some people don’t like Halloween but I’ve always enjoyed it. As a little girl we were poor and never had much candy in the house. Getting a whole bag full of candy at Halloween made it a special holiday to me.
When I was a young mother my Mindy was born near Halloween so I always decorated the house up cute and had Halloween themed birthday parties. When Mindy grew up she added to the fun by having both EJ and Claire born the end of October.
We worked on our regular temple shift Thursday night but we still got to enjoy Halloween fun at our Church’s annual “Trunk-n- Treat” party last Sat.
The whole recreation hall was decorated so cute. They must have spent hours decorating.
There was all sorts of good “Halloween” food at the potluck dinner that
that was enjoyed by all of us.
Fun cupcakes and desserts were a big hit too.
There were ugly and pretty pirates…..
There were BYU cheerleaders and the game ball…
There were all sorts of darling princesses… and…
Despicable and Incredible people… all having a good time together.
Of course I was partial to our pirate Claire, ball player EJ, farmer John and young Austin Anakin.
After dinner we made our way outside to “Trunk-n-Treat”in the church parking lot. The kids went from car to car collecting their candy.
My heart was touched by the efforts people went to for the children to have a good time.
I’d say that the whole bunch had a bewitchingly good time.
Some were even jumping up and down.
John and I had so much fun watching all of the kids, young and old, enjoying the evening together.
Of course celebrating EJ’s and
and Claire’s birthdays made our week really special.
I hope that you’ve had a fun week that was full of smiles too.
I am sending you lots of hugs, Grammy Lura







5 comments:
Oh what a fun time Lura!! You always do such fun things. Your Ward seems a really funn bunch and I always love seeing pictures of your family. The kids are growing like weeds!! I was so pleased to get to hear your voice last week. It really made my day! Love you to bits my dear friend! xxoo
Hi Lura! I am here to catch up this morning with you! I have been so incredibly busy, that I have barely had to time to be blogging! I have been helping a dear neighbor/friend who has just lost her husband, and is ill herself. Looks like you had a fun Halloween with your family! What cuties those grandkids are!!! And a cruise too! Fun!!!
xo Kris
I loved all of your fun Halloween moments. Lots of sweet smiles there. The pictures of all the costumes and I think the Trunk or Treat idea has been a great one.
I had a lot of fun with my 5 grandchildren in Missouri on Halloween. We didn't get to do any trick or treating they live our in a non populated area and the ward wasn't doing anything until Saturday. We still had fun. I took them to dinner and we came home and had homemade soup by my one granddaughter and popcorn, candy and a scary movie.
Your grandchildren pictures were so cute.
Love, hugs and blessings to you dear friend.
What a fun time Lura! Our church has a trunk n treat too but Jerry and I don't go since we don't have little ones participating. I hear great things about it though. :) blessings, marlene
Hi Lura always nice see you having Fun.lovely pictures. Been kinda under the weter.may brian not working well. was so nice talking to you.take care.ooxx
Post a Comment