Sunday, November 17, 2013

Tummy Ache greetings with a smile

a grammy smile

Hello blog friends. I hope that you have had a good week. I did. It seems like they roll by so quickly that I can’t even get my breath.

Autumn_2

Can you believe that it is almost Thanksgiving? It will be Christmas and New Years before we know it.

I had a good week last week. I was really busy and got a lot done but today I am worthless. I get bad stomach aches from time to time.

doc

check

I’ve been to several doctors in the past and had lots of tests. Every thing checks out fine. No one seems to know why I get them or how to prevent them…. so I live with them.

A really bad one hit me last night but maybe it was for a good reason. I hurt too badly to stay in bed or even sit, so I got up to walk around. This same thing happened a few weeks ago and I found walking seemed to help. Last night, about 3:00 a.m,  I decided to go out to our garage to get a 7up out of the refrigerator we keep there. Sometimes drinking 7up helps me.

When I opened the front door I saw red lights flashing in the street.

ambulance

I walked down our driveway and saw a fire truck and ambulance at our neighbor's house. I was concerned for our neighbors.  Another neighbor joined me. We texted our friend and asked if she was OK. She texted back and said no… it was her husband. There was no reason for my young neighbor who has 3 little children to stay up since I was hurting to badly to sleep anyway. She went back inside and I stayed. I let my friend know I was there if she needed me. I stayed there until their grown kids arrived and they took her husband to the hospital.

I didn’t do much  anything to help…. I just gave hugs and said prayers…. but I think it was good I was there and my friend knew I cared.  I  would not have known about what was happening if I hadn’t had a stomach ache and gone outside to get 7up.  So….. maybe this one time me getting sick was a good thing….. but I am ready to get back to normal any time now…. I hope soon.

I am wishing you a good, pain free week ahead.  I’m also sending you hugs,

Grammy Lura

9 comments:

bettyj said...

There was a reason you were up walking around. Why are we always surprised when God uses us in a way we never expected? Hope you feel better. Tummy aches are no fun.

Kris said...

Hi Lura. I am sorry to hear you have been suffering from those tummy aches. Perhaps though, this time, it was for a reason. To comfort your neighbor. I hope he is better now.
I read back and caught up. I loved seeing all of the little ones in their Halloween costumes!
I am so sorry to learn of your lost son. What a painful thing to have to endure. Your poem was beautiful.
I have been very behind in blogging. Hope you are okay.
xo Kris

StitchinByTheLake said...

I don't believe in coincidences Lura - I think God used your tummy ache (He did not cause it!) to allow you to bless your friend with your prayers. blessings, marlene

Marie Rayner said...

I am sure that hugs and prayers were enough. It is quite often enough to just know someone cares. I do hope that you will one day get to the bottom of your tummy aches. No fun I know. I am saying a little prayer for you and sending hugs across the seas and of course all the love in the world. xxoo

LeAnn said...

I have sad that you are having these stomach aches. Is it every associated with something you are eating. I get some stomachaches too and it is probably chocolate. I can't give that one up.
It was sweet that you were there for your neighbor; you are such an angels to so many people. Hugs and love to all including your neighbor.
Blessings and prayers your way.

Jan's Blog said...

Heavenly Father has a great advocate in you!!!

Visits With Mary said...

Hello Lura, stopping by to say hello! Hope your tummy ache is gone before Thanksgiving, gotta eat some turkey and dressing!
Hope you are enjoying this wonderful time of year!

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

Stomach pains are the worst. So sorry....

And, I agree that God woke you up to be there for your neighbor and reach out in prayer.

Praying your stomach calms down.

Great-Granny Grandma said...

Hope you're feeling better, Lura. I have a lot of catching up to do. Ever since Google Reader closed, I haven't been reading posts, but now that I've found an alternate reader, I'm hoping to catch up. I'm also hoping to get back to blogging regularly again. Have a blessed Thanksgiving! (((HUGS)))