I am trying to ignore the fact that I am getting wackier by the day. I have absolutely no excuse since I haven’t been on pain pills since last Oct. Before that when I would mess up …blow it .. make an error, I would excuse myself saying that it was the “Medication’s Fault” or the “Pain’s fault” that I couldn’t think straight. Well, I’ve goofed again and I have nothing to blame it on this time….. except as already stated…. I am getting wackier by the day!!!
I just realized that I never did my …
…. Happy New Year Post…
I made a digital photo book and put New Year’s Pictures in it. I guess because I had done that I thought I had done a blog post too.
Well….. it is too late now still January so here goes.
Here is a recap of my smiles for the New Year 2012
For many years it has been our tradition to have Christmas eve and Day with Mindy’s family here in CA and then leave the next day for Utah where we would have a 2nd Christmas with our Utah family and bring in the new year with them.
We have a wonderful time. Lynell always hosts a fun party where we all get together and bring in the new year with good food, fun, games, singing, enjoying each other’s company and counting our blessings.
This year I just wasn’t up to making the long trip after Christmas. We traveled up to see them in October. They all came down to our house for Thanksgiving.
The thought of taking a 11 to 12 hour drive with my sore ribs…. when there might be ice and snow on the roads was just too scary to me.
The last time we tried driving on the icy Utah freeway it didn’t turn out so well for us.!
So, as much as I hated missing our New Year’s tradition with Utah family … I just wasn’t up to making the trip this year.
I hope next year I won’t be such a scaredy cat! Maybe when my ribs are more healed and less painful I will be braver. I hope so.
So…. what did we do this year???? What brought us New Year smiles??? I’m glad you asked…I was just getting to that……
New year’s eve we went out to dinner with a group of our friends. LouAnn and Darrell do this every year. Since we are usually in Utah for New Year’s eve, this was the first time we’ve joined them. It was fun to spend the last evening in 2011 with these sweet friends. (Can you find us in this picture?)
LouAnn invited us to go back to their home after dinner to bring in the new year with them….. but we couldn’t….. we had other plans. We were off to New York City…
We were excited to meet our friend Buttercup in Time’s Square!!!!
Well… maybe not…. but I can dream can’t I????
Actually, sitting in the restaurant for a long time got my ribs upset and they started yelling at me. So, we took them home where they could rest in my soft recliner while I worked on my digital photo book I was making and brought in the new year with Dick Clark on T.V.
It wasn’t as exciting as being at Lynell’s family party…. or going to LouAnn’s party… but John and I were thankful to be together… to be alive…. to make it to 2012. We were both smiling as the clock struck 12:00 and we brought in the New Year together.
New Year’s Day brought us lots of smiles too…. I will share those with you on my next post. …. I know…. I know….. I should have posted about these smiles the first of January…. not the end of the month…. but then don’t they say better late than never????
Have a good week. I hope it will be full of smiles.
Hugs, Lura







10 comments:
Lura, so good to see a post from you this morning. I miss you. It is a year ago today that we lost Angie and I still miss her so very much. I am ever grateful that we did not lose you too. I can fully understand why you wouldn't want to drive to Utah in the cold and snow. I would never be able to do that trip in the winter again. It looks like you had a lovely New Years Eve irregardless of not being at Lynells! SO good to see you and John with your happy smiles. I love you both. Can't wait to see your next post! Love you oodles and oodles sweet friend. xxoo
Big smiles here in New York! Would have loved to spend New Year's Eve with you, and yes, great minds do work alike. Our day in San Diego is a wonderful memory for me and I so enjoy looking at the photos. I am so grateful for the friends that I have met through blogging. Take good care and love and hugs to you and John!
Lura, I think 2012 promises to be a wonderful year for you and your family!
hugs,
Kris
Dear Lura I understand you is normal that you feel, Im happy to see you anew post. dear I send you a lot of smiles and huggs from your friend here (lol)
OK my dear Lura, thanks for stopping by, I saw and yes 190 is aboy 400 F but to bread I think is better 180°c (also you preheat the oven) so for you is about 356 F this is anice temperature to bread, anyway all doubt say me.
Anyway I down the temperature and was OK the original was so much:)
anything mail me dear (lol)
Happy New Year Lura! This late post just prolongs the celebration!lol Hope that 2012 brings complete healing and takes away any fears.
betty
You are so awesome. I loved your pictures and thoughts. I haven't even got through October of 2011 on my family blog. You are doing so good and I know for sure you are not wacky. You are just a very lovely lady with a wonderful family and friends. Our New Year's eve was spent with one children and their family. It was rather quiet; which was perfect for me.
Blessings to you for your smiles. Your posts always bring smiles to me and I love the updates. You are the best!
Sorry you missed your annual new years celebration..but it sounds to me like it was a great celebration none-the-less.
Lura: You are not wacky! I loved hearing about your New Year's and yes, next year you will be partying in UTAH! Love your granddaughter with the sign: "Let's Party" Kids are so great! And, you and John made it to midnight...congratulations, girl! Mr. S.O. and I made it to about 10:30 and he had to go home as we were both sleeping in chairs! LOL Take care and have a great weekend...I noticed your have a Toschiba laptop...I think I am off to buy one TOMORROW! Yea!
{{HUGS}}
Joy
Post a Comment