Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy New Year 2012

happy new year 2

2012 (2)

 

 

I can’t believe it is a New Year Already.

I can't say that I am sorry to see this year end!!  I spent 6 months of this year down in bed after the accident.  I have been in pain from one degree to another every day.  I am still healing and so is John. I am much better now but my therapist and doctors say I will probably have pain in my ribs and arm the rest off my life. I am hoping they are wrong.

There are many things that I can no longer do… but ….if you asked me
if I regretted this year I would say…. no.

In spite of the challenges there have been many blessings.

2011 

has been a year of Miracles, Challenges and Blessings.

Friends  & Family have rallied around us, served us & shown us  boundless love.

We have felt the power of prayers.

We know our lives being spared was a miracle & we are
thankful.

I learned much this year. 

Below is the list of things I  told the ladies I had learned when I was asked to speak at our WIC luncheon.

Actually, I knew most of these things before…
but the accident reconfirmed them to me. I plan to elaborate on these 10 lessons at a later time. For now … here is my list.

_____________________
1. Life is eternal.
2. There is real power in prayers.
3. Calls and Cards are better than medicine.
4. We are stronger than we think we are.
5. You might as well smile through the hard times.
6. Brightening someone’s day makes you feel better
7. Friends & family make all the difference
8. Accept help graciously
9. There is a difference between being and doing.
10. God is always there to comfort you and help you succeed. You just have to turn to Him and
trust  in Him.

I am thankful that I know these things.

Did 2011 teach you lessons too? I’d love to hear about them.

I look forward to-

2012 (2)

I hope that you do too.

I have Christmas and New Year smiles that I want to share with you but I can’t today.  Today, I just want to say hello and wish you all a-

happy new year

I still am not feeling up to par.  I hope you are. Have a great week. Hugs, Grammy Lura

12 comments:

Gloria Baker said...

Happy New Year dear Lura for you and john and a lot of Blessings:)

Marie Rayner said...

Happy New Year to you and to John Lura. I am sorry you are still feeling poorly. I have missed you. I hope that you feel better soon. This year is going to be my year of letting go. I am not going to drag my past with me into it. I am finally going to forgive myself, even if other's can't find it in their hearts to forgive me for whatever. New year, clean slate, moving forward! I love you my sweet friend. You mean the world to me. xxoo

Buttercup said...

I have great optimism about 2012. There were some "bumps" in the year past, but it also brought some wonderful new friends and a great trip to California, with memories to treasure. Wishing you, John and your family, good health, happiness and lots of celebrations in 2012.

StitchinByTheLake said...

I've learned several things as well Lura, some good and some not so much. I've learned that I can't control others or fix their problems, even when I love them more than life itself, so I have to "lay my Isaac down" on the altar before the Lord and let Him control the future. When my Isaac is a family member it's particularly hard to lay them down...how awful that must have been for Abraham. I've learned that my body is getting older and for it to work well I have to be more careful and respect it more. I've learned that friends and family are all we need to have joy in our lives (along with God, of course). I'm praying for continued healing for you Lura and a freedom from pain very soon. blessings, marlene

Sybil said...

Another year is now on it's way.and I am sending every good wish to you and John and all my "new" family...you are ALL very precious people..
as I look into the New Year I think of the Late Kings speech way back in the war years and hope that that will be my new years resolution...
I said to the man who stood at the Gate of the Year, 'Give me a light that I may tread safely into the unknown.' And he replied, 'Go out into the darkness, and put your hand into the Hand of God. That shall be better than light, and safer than a known way.'"
God Bless, and Love Sybil xx

bettyj said...

Lura, I agree 2011 was a hard year for us in ways too. Amanda's cancer diagnosis, knocked us for a loop. Then my break in. I tried to look for things that were good,in that. They didn't kill my dog, they didn't mess up my house, and they didn't take my car keys, which would have cost a fortune to replace the keyless starter. Amanda's diagnosis has shown me how many "prayers" are out there in blogland. I found you after your accident and had the pleasure of praying for you. Happy New Year.

LeAnn said...

I sure you have had a busy Christmas time; so take some time to rest more. I feel exhausted. I asked my husband how long can I leave the trees up;he said next year was good. This may come to past. I loved your list. You are such a miracle. I do pray that you will not have to experience long term pain. I do know that one of my sweetest blessings this last year was meeting you. TO KNOW YOU IS TO LOVE YOU!

Joy/The Olde Farmhouse said...

Oh Lura: I am sorry you are not feeling up to par. I am in awe anyway, at how you have recovered from the accident, surgery and all. Can't keep a good woman down, I'd say!
This year is sort of planned out in my head: do more geneology, decorate less which means more tweaking with what I already have, take time for myself which means saying "no" when I have to, and just be the best person I can be. May you feel better soon and enjoy more pain-free days than ever. Can't wait to meet you my friend, probably this summer, so stay well (and I will too!) LOL {{HUGS}} Joy

nicole said...

Happy New Year Lura!! I hope this year brings continuous healing for you and John. May this be the best year yet! xoxoxo

joyh82 said...

Sorry to hear you are not feeling up to par. I had back surgery about a month ago and understand how that is. Happy 2012! Hope it is a Happy and Healthy New Year for you and your family.

Cathyjo said...

Dear Lura, I hope get even feeling betterand better and less and less pain until it's gone.And yes to know you is to Love You.000xxx

Cathyjo said...

A Happy New Year And A New Beging. Just what we all need. Wishing You and Your's only the best that life has. And so grateful to have You and Jhon with us, and of the blessings the Dear Lord has given us in the pass Year. Hope you get feeling better soon.xxxxoooo