Saturday, May 7, 2011

Way to go Johnny

Last night my 14 year old grandson, Johnny, competed on the Region 9 gymnastic team against 300 other gymnasts in the preliminary round of the National USA Junior Olympics.

He knocked them dead, blew them all away, did well.

IMG_1443

Johnny came in 7th out of 300…Yeah!!

The top 36 gymnasts qualified to compete tonight in the finals.

I think it sucks is sad I can’t be there in Long Beach to cheer for him.

Johnny knows how out of my mind, mad, upset,  disappointed I am to be stuck at home with broken ribs not to be able to attend so he and Lynell took a few hours out to come put on a show just for me.

IMG_1444IMG_1445

IMG_1446

I bet you’ve never seen the “walker” gymnastic event until now.

IMG_1447

Johnny has given me new ideas on how to use my walker. lol

IMG_1450

The top 14 gymnasts will be put on the National Team.

It is killing  me  I’m sad not to be there with him tonight…

I think hope he will make the national team….

but even if he doesn’t I am so proud of him.

Johnny you are a winner to me.

Good Luck. I love you.

Hugs, Grammy

9:30 p.m. update… He did it….. I just heard Johnny made the national level 9 team!!!!

He came in 7th overall again. 

Working out at the gym 4 hours a day, 6 days a week has paid off.

We are proud of you John boy. Hugs, Grammy and Grampy

11 comments:

The Barton's said...

That so awesome! Now that he has made the team, what next? Will he do a lot of traveling?

Marie Rayner said...

Congrats to Johnny!! You must be so very proud of him and so wonderful that he has been able to pop over and show you some new tips on how to use your walker!! I just know we will be cheering him on at the Olympics one day! It was so nice to talk to you yesterday on the telephone and to hear the laughter and joy in your voice. I think being home is going to be the best cure possible for you! I hope that you have a wonderful Mother's Day and that you can feel my love winging it's way across that great body of water and expanse of land that separates us. We are never too far from each other in our hearts are we. That is friendship! Love you loads! xxoo

Linda - Behind My Red Door said...

Did you hear me screaming WOOHOO all the way here in MA?? Way to go is right!! Good for him. Your smile tells me just how proud you are.

Now I am exctied to see you learn some of those moves with your walker!! hehehehe

I know this is not how you would choose to spend Mother's Day Lura, but I hope you still have many smiles to share with us after today. Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers!! warm hugs!!

Sybil said...

Not only your dear grandparents are proud of you I am to JOhn..good luck for the next trials..I am keeping fingers crossed to see you in the Olympics one day...soon...Imagine showing Lura your moves on her "walker" what are you like LOL...
It is sooooooo goooooooood Lura that you are looking better.
much LOve
sybil xx

Buttercup said...

Johnny has a fan in New York, too! I am so excited for him and will be following this year's gymnastics closely. Hope you are doing well today and wishing you hugs and blessings on Mother's Day and every day!

Gloria Baker said...

Congrats to Johnny!! he is amazing ! He is lovely too! (but dont tell this he,he)
Dear Lura I wanna send you a big,big Hug in Moms day!! Have a nic etime and blessings.

Post: I sent you and e-card for mail, huggs, gloria

hoLLy said...

wow!!! congratulations to johnny and your entire family. what an amazing accomplishment! definitely olympic bound-how awesome!!! so sad you weren't able to go-i can imagine it just killed you:( but how sweet they traveled to you to:) you have such a great family! when i was looking at the pics, i couldn't figure out at first what he was using to do his gymnastics! then i read that it was your walker-ha! awesome:)

happy mother's day lura! though we aren't blood related, i feel you are a wonderful mother/grammy figure in our lives. we love you! and pray for you lots and lots!

Joy/The Olde Farmhouse said...

Beautiful Lura: YOU'RE HOME111 AND YOUR GRANDSON IS TRULY A WINNER! CELEBRATE!!! How happy I am for you both. Yes, we will all be watching, not just your recovery but his success, too. What is next for him??? I am sure you will keep us informed, right! You look BEAUTIFUL and I know being home is positive for you. Each day will be better and you will get stronger every day. HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY, too! Hugs, Joy

Erin said...

Happy Mother's Day mama! I love you so much! I am so proud of you and the progress you have made these last few weeks! You inspire me!!

I am so glad you were well enough to travel home, but I will be honest I miss having you so close and coming to visit everyday.

Lots of love to you!!

Erin

The Barton's said...

Happy Mothers Day! Love, Norma

Cross Stitch Crazy Mum said...

Congrats to Johnny :-)
And I hope this finds you comfortably settled back home with all your creature comforts :-)