Friday, May 6, 2011

Day 43... A special Day

Dear ones.....
and I mean that sincerely...
you readers have become very dear to me..
This is a special day for 3 reasons.
#1... I woke up in my own home today.
I left the hospital and John and I flew home yesterday.
...
The trip was not easy but I was surrounded by love
and supported by prayers the whole way.
...
When we arrived home we were greeted by
loving friends holding banners, waving and cheering
and balloons and a welcome home sign at the front door...
and much more.
...
I am overwhelmed by all the love that has been shown to me
and to John.
I am so very appreciative and grateful.
...
I want to tell you all about it and
show pictures of my darling friends and
all they did.... but I am not quite up to it today.
Posting pictures would take a wee bit more energy than
I can muster at the moment but
I want you all to know that I am home and being
well taken care of.
...
#2..Today is my dear friend, Silvija's birthday.
Her husband took off work to celebrate with her.
Can you guess where she is going to celebrate???
She and Ron are driving 80 miles to spend the day with me.
I tried to talk her out of it.... to no avail.
I don't think visiting us is a very exciting way to spend a
birthday but she insists that it is.
(I always knew she was a little wacky! lol)
...
#3...Johnny is competing on the Region 9 team at
Nationals today.
About a month ago Johnny came in 2nd at his
region's qualifying gymnastic competition.
I believe his region is made up of Utah, Wyoming,
Arizona and New Mexico. The top 5 boys get to be
on the regional team to compete at nationals.
...
This year Nationals is held in Long Beach...
which is only about 40 miles from our home.
I've looked forward to seeing my boy at Nationals all year...
I just knew he would make the team the one year
the competition is close enough to our home that we
could attend.
It breaks my heart that I can not be there to cheer for him.
If it were later in the month I might be able to go but
not today. That makes me sad.... but Lynell will keep us
updated with text messages and pictures.
I hope that my Johnny and his team do their very best
and are kept safe.
...
For someone who didn't feel well enough to do a blog post, I have surely
have rambled on long enough. I guess blogging is good
medicine for me.
Being home is good medicine for me too.
I will get rested up today and post pictures for you ASAP.
...
Have a great day.
Hugs, Lura

16 comments:

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

So glad you made it home safely and to such a wonderful warm welcome.

Sorry you can't be with Johnny...but I bet he completely understands!

Linda - Behind My Red Door said...

So glad you are home Lura!! I sent you an email since I don't have your home address for a welcome home card!

I am thrilled you got such a welcome home. I hope this is the best medicine yet!

warm hugs!!

Sheryl said...

LOVE IT!! So glad this is a bittersweet special day for you! We are a carrying a cheer for Johnny in our hearts, and a BIG HURRAH! That you are in your own home today!!

Cathyjo said...

So verry glad your finely home you can only get better now.Sorry your unable to be with Johnny,but know you are in spirit. Also would like to wish you a Happy Morther's Day.Hugs xxx

Gloria Baker said...

What nice you are finally ate home dear Granny I was looking all day if you post someone new!!
Send you huggs and kisses and hope you have a love Mom happy day next Sunday!!
We celebrate this weekend too, always prayers and hope you feelin g better day by day. and I know you are happy at home and hour house is lovely!! xoxoxo gloria

hoLLy said...

yea! you are home! i bet it was so wonderful to wake up in your own bed:) i'm glad you made it there safely! continued prayers that you will heal super duper fast! xoxo

p.s. go johnny go!!!

adsgram said...

WELCOME HOME!!!

Girl, you sure do know how to "stretch out a vacation!" So glad you are back home, and I am sure that Sylvia would rather spend her birthday no other way than with you knowing you are back. Enjoy your visit...

Good luck to Johnny and I am wishing you a Wonderfully Happy Mother's DAy!

♥♥
Lynne

Jan's Blog said...

Love you Lura! Happy Birthday Sil! Good Luck Johnny!

Judy - Scottsdale,AZ said...

So very happy that you made it home safely!! Looking forward to hearing about your grandson. Take care and enjoy being home!!

The Barton's said...

I can tell how happy you are to be home! I got a little choked up when I read about your cheer committee! Bet I know some of them! Rest up! Lots of love! Norma

SmileySunrise said...

I am grateful to God for watching over you and John, and bringing you safely home. May He grant you His strength, and may you find yourself feeling better and better with each new day.

Welcome Home!

Dawn :-)

Sybil said...

Oh Lura, I am so so so happy to wake this morning to get your message that you are home and safe. How I thank our God for your safe return. I expect you will be on a high for a day or two and maybe dip a wee bitty again but at least you know we are here praying and being your safety net !!
Love to John as well, Sybil xx

Marie Rayner said...

Lura, I am so glad you made it home safe and sound. I hope that my surprise for you arrived safe and sound. I know you will miss being iwth Johnny, but I also know that he is such a sweet boy and that he understands totally why you can't be there and I am sure Lynell will take lots of snaps! I expect your healing to move forward by leaps and bounds now my sweet friend! I wish I could have been there to greet you when you arrived and there to help you daily, but I can't do much else but prayer for the healing to continue. I thank God every day that you are still with us. I love my dear friend so very much. Happy Birthday to Sil!! I can't think of a better way for her to spend it than with you. XXOO

The Mom said...

So glad you are home. I now know where to send cards and call. I'll come by next time I am in So Cal.

Love Ya Have a Lovely Mother's Day

bettyj said...

Waking up in your own bed! Wow how happy you must be. I had a card to send you but will just say this, prayers will be continuing and I wish you the very best. Congrats on that Grandson! Don't you just feel good that others recognize how good he is! You always knew,because Grandparents do!
betty

bettyj said...

Waking up in your own bed! Wow how happy you must be. I had a card to send you but will just say this, prayers will be continuing and I wish you the very best. Congrats on that Grandson! Don't you just feel good that others recognize how good he is! You always knew,because Grandparents do!
betty