Dear Blog Friends,I know that it is almost the middle of December.
I should be doing Christmas blogs....
but I still have Thanksgiving smiles I want to share.
I know that I am a wee bit biased....
but this Grammy thinks I have some of the world's cutest grand kids...
(I think our kids aren't too bad either.)
together with family. What a blessing that was.
...
In my last post I told you how we passed the time waiting for
our dinner to be ready.
It was a great day but we were all glad to stop the playing
and join together for our feast.
I am glad that I have the room and supplies to set
places for 23.
(I used 18 table clothes, 46 cloth napkins,
23 Fine China plates and stemware glasses)
That makes me smile.
I was glad that everyone enjoyed the food....
...and I was glad that I didn't have a lot of it to put away after dinner.
After the meal.... I got another big smile...
cleaning up and doing dishes without even being asked to help.
What sweet grandsons!!
They make me smile.
Grampy and I shared our testimonies with our dear ones once again.
We told them how much we love them and all our family....
and how much we love our Heavenly Father and His Son,
our Savior, Jesus Christ.
This meeting was the highlight of our day for John and me.
It made our hearts smile to be together with all our children
and know they love the Lord the way we do.
It truly was a blessed day for which we are thankful.
...
However.... here is a little warning...
Grampy learned the hard way that "old men"
shouldn't try to play football like they did when they were in high school.
Grampy and all the boys played football while they were waiting
for dinner....
Grampy made a mad touchdown run and then found himself....
Oh well, he said he made a killer run....for a few seconds.
Smile....smile
...
Have a great week.
I know that we are all busy as we get ready for the holidays,
but keep a smile on your face and in your heart.
Remember the real reason for the season which is to remember
the birth of our Lord, Jesus Christ.
Let's show love for one another as God shows love for us.
P.S. I started blogging to document our activities
for my kids and grand kids.
Unfortunately, I don't think any of them read my blog any more.
They are all so busy with life that blogging doesn't fit in any more.
I wonder sometimes why I keep posting. ????
I have made a few very dear blog friends....you mean a lot to me...
... but I know you are all busy with your lives
and my simple activities are probably not that interesting to you.
I am thinking of stopping blogging.... but at the same time
I am drawn to it.
Do you understand what I am feeling?
What do you think I should do?







14 comments:
I think you can post your Thanksgivign smiles as long as you want! You had 23 reasons to smile, that is for sure!
As for blogging, just go with what feels right for you! Do you like having it written down and documented for yourself? Then post when you feel the urge or desire. I would miss you and your smiles tremendously, but I also know the pressure followers put on bloggers who try to take time off so again, and so I don't want that to influence you. So again I say do what feels right for you and your family and your life!! Big hugs as you mull things over!!
Lura the urge to document our lives is universal I think. Whether or not anyone reads is really not the point. I blog because it satisfies a need in me to connect with others and to leave a legacy for my children. When I am gone they will be able to come back here and read...they'll have a connection with me even then. I miss my mother dreadfully and would give anything if I had a blog to go to that would remind me of the details of her life. It's the little things I miss - did you sleep good last night, is the dog still sleeping in the bed with you even though you try to get her out, what quilt are you working on - those kinds of things. I agree with Linda, do what is right for you. No pressure that way. blessings to you, marlene
Oh Lura please don't stop posting on your blog. My blog is for Darien and she won't be interested for years to come. But my blog is the best way I could think to document our time. It is timeless. It's genealogy too, in a way. And, speaking selfishly, and even though we just down down the road from each other, I love knowing in detail about your Thanksgiving and John's leg and Heidi's passing. I love having a window into your world.
Lura, I've learned from you and been inspired by you and came to love you first through your blog. But, don't do it for the kids or me or your other followers...do it for you.
If you can find even one reason that proves to you that it still brings YOU joy, then don't stop.
We need to sit and have some tea!
I think we have all felt that. There are times that we see blogs and we don't leave a comment and so we don't know who has visited. I hope you keep blogging. I find it is a great way for me to keep up with friends from a lifetime ago. I use it to keep track of your kids and other friends we have. I love hearing about what you do and go through. We all need to keep going with it, even when it seems like no one is paying attention. There are so many things that demand our time, we need to take the time to document what is important to us. I love you!
You guys always have so much fun together and such special times with each other! I love that everybody comes together.
And blogging? Do it for you. It can be your journal later. Don't feel any pressure.
Mom, I love you so much! We had a great time being all together, didn't we? We loved every minute of it!
I think you have to blog for yourself. That's why I have blogs for the kids that don't even offer comments. I write it for them and if others happen to see it, that's great. If not, what have I lost? Nothing, the memory is there for them, forever.
I will tell you that I do read your posts, but most of the time I'm feeding, burping or loving a baby and can't leave a comment.
By the way, dad has quite the sexy legs for an old guy! :) Woot, woot!
Lura.....please don't stop blogging!! I just love reading about your family and looking at all the pictures. Without your blog and Marie's I would be lost. However, I do understand all the time and effort a blog creates. Take care....Judy
Lura, I loved reading more about your Thanksgiving Smiles. Poor John, that looks sooooo painful!! It's a real drag getting older. The mind is willing but the body lets us down every time! I know that because I am feeling the pains right now of a body that is wracked with so many pains and aches, it's terrible! But we must go on and find all the joys and smiles that we can. I would be really sad if you gave up blogging. I try to visit every day to see if you have written anything and I am so disappointed when you haven't. But then when you have my heart leaps with joy! I would miss your words terribly if you quit, but you have to do what your heart tells you to do, and what the spirit leads you to do. I love being able to connect with you here. E-mails would be just as nice though and of course I love our telephone chats. At the end of the day I just love you my dear friend and want what's best for you. I send lots of love and hugs to you. Thank you for being such a wonderful friend. xxoo
lura! you better not stop blogging!! :)
so seriously, i second everything your friend marlene said about blogging,- do it for yourself if you enjoy it and do it for posterity-its totally journaling i say. i'm positive your family looks at your blog-my mom and dad always read mine but rarely comment and i'm cool with it. you comment more on my blog than most of my fam! lol. some people just make the time for it and some can't-its a hard thing to make time for. i do just because its a hobby for me and i love it. but some friends of mine aren't that into it, don't comment, don't post, but do other things that i don't do as much(reading, sewing, crafts:) your family reads and loves it, so keep on! and i do too!
Lura, Oh Please Please don't stop blogging. I think your blog is one of the very best uplifting blogs that are around. whenever I read your blog I get a lovely warm feeling and always end praying for you all and that everyone could feel the love and joy you so clearly have for our Lord..so PLEASE DON'T STOP..
Thanks for all these lovey photographs proof again of the love and joy you so freely share with us all.
Love to John as well as ourself.."poor old soul with his ever so bad leg God Bless hope it is better now"
Love Sybil xxx
Holy cow....that meal looked wonderful. I could smell the turkey through the computer...Hmmmm
You have such a beautiful family. All of them share your war, friendly smile.
Sorry for John's (Grampy's) leg.......OUCH!!!
Hugs to you both......lots of Christmas cheer to you both. We have been on one BIG Christmas ride this month....parties, plays, Nutcracker.....nap tomorrow durign football is the plan.
I should really double check my spelling before pushing "publish"....."WARM" smile!!
Ha,ha! Great pictures! That was so much fun, wasn't it?! I was sad we had to leave so fast. I hope i get to see you again soon!
-Emma
I hope you keep on blogging. I would miss you if you stopped.
Post a Comment