Saying goodbye has always been hard for me.
My heart is full of love for family and friends.
I even hate to say goodbye after a nice phone visit with a dear one.
These are pictures of me....
My heart is full of love for family and friends.
I even hate to say goodbye after a nice phone visit with a dear one.
How I wished that she and Todd could zap through the phone and join us.
Of course that could not be.... so we had to say goodbye and go on with our day.
Of course that could not be.... so we had to say goodbye and go on with our day.
Emma and her Aunt Erin have a special bond that causes
both of their hearts to break when goodbye must be said.
so we only get to see them once or twice a year.
I just wanted to hold on to him forever and not say goodbye.
These cute five year old cousins had so much fun together all week.
They too, were not happy to say goodbye.
Davey sadly said "I will miss my best friend."
They too, were not happy to say goodbye.
Davey sadly said "I will miss my best friend."
How I wish that we all lived close to each other...
Then "goodbyes" would not be so hard.
However, would "hellos" be as sweet?
However, would "hellos" be as sweet?
Some have suggested to me that if we all lived close to each other
getting together would not be such a special event.
...
Maybe they are right but maybe they are not.
I love it each week when we have dinner with Mindy and her family.
I always get excited when I hear the front door open and little
voices calling out "Grammy, we're here."
...
I think that I would never tire of having dear ones close by....
... but what is....is....
...and I must rejoice that we all love each other so much...
..and always love what ever time we have to spend together.
...
Maybe they are right but maybe they are not.
I love it each week when we have dinner with Mindy and her family.
I always get excited when I hear the front door open and little
voices calling out "Grammy, we're here."
...
I think that I would never tire of having dear ones close by....
... but what is....is....
...and I must rejoice that we all love each other so much...
..and always love what ever time we have to spend together.
Some goodbyes are more permanent and leave you feeling so sad and empty that you wonder if you will ever feel "normal" again. Losing a pet is nothing like losing a real family member ,as a couple of you have lately...
... but since everyone left,
I miss our Heidi more than words can say.
The last couple of days I didn't even want to get out of bed.
With sweet family and my dear Heidi gone, the house seems so
empty and lonely.
I want to especially thank all of you who left me comments on my last blog.
Sibyl and Marie even sent me love twice on the same blog.
Thank you.... thank you ...
Your support has meant so much to me.
...
So.............. now I must stop feeling sad about all the goodbyes
and think of the wonderful times we shared together.
I am so blessed and I know it.
I have much to smile about.
On my next blog I will share my smiles with you.
... but since everyone left,
I miss our Heidi more than words can say.
The last couple of days I didn't even want to get out of bed.
With sweet family and my dear Heidi gone, the house seems so
empty and lonely.
I want to especially thank all of you who left me comments on my last blog.
Sibyl and Marie even sent me love twice on the same blog.
Thank you.... thank you ...
Your support has meant so much to me.
...
So.............. now I must stop feeling sad about all the goodbyes
and think of the wonderful times we shared together.
I am so blessed and I know it.
I have much to smile about.
On my next blog I will share my smiles with you.







10 comments:
Oh Lura!! Somehow I missed your last post! I am so so sorry!! My heart is breaking for you. I wish I could jump through the computer and give you lots of hugs. I am so sorry of your loss. Just this weekend I was missing Brady so much and thinking how he would have enjoyed turkey with us.
I think the older we get, goodbyes are harder. But those hello's get sweeter and sweeter! Hoping this week is full of lots of sweet hellos and hugs!!
I know exactly what you are feeling. I've had dear family members living in different states since I was 17 years old, and the missing them never gets easier. I think I would be very sad if it did. I agree with Grammee Linda - that as we get older the goodbyes are harder.
Sending you hugs. I'd get in the car and drive over but I've got a touch of the flu...and you don't need that!!!
goodbyes are awful:( we just had to say goodbye to all of our family in corpus christi. it was such a nice visit and a wonderful thanksgiving, why did it have to end so fast!?
p.s. i wish i could give you a hug! so sad about your dog:(
Oh Lura, I can imagine how hard it was for you to have to say goodbye to all your family that live so far away, but you are right distance does sometimes make the hellos that much sweeter! Knowing that doesn't make the goodbyes any easier though. It was so much fun getting to talk to you, Erin and Lynell on Thanksgiving day and that was so thoughtful of you to call! No surprise there though, as you are one of the most loving and thoughtful women I know. I love you dearly. I can imagine how empty the house feels this week with Heidi missing. I know just how you feel. I still feel the emptiness that Jess left when we had to say goodbye to her in the spring. Even though we now have a Mitzie and we love her dearly, she is not a Jess. I think there are pets in heaven and we'll get to be with them again one day, at least I hope so! You are so blessed that you get to see your family as often as you do and that your family wants to spend time with you. That is not a blessing that I get to enjoy. Oh, I do wish that you and I lived closer to each other so that we could talk more often . . . I could be a daily shoulder for you as you could for me. I send love and hugs to you my special friend. I hope you feel better soon . . . xxoo
PS are cookies good for breakfast? probably not, but that's what I am having now! tee hee! (I am sooo bad!)
PPS - Did your book ever arrive??
I'm sorry that the fun and excitement of the Thanksgiving season had to end on a sad note with your final good bye to Heidi and a short (hopefully) good bye to your family members who live far away. Now you just begin to think about and plan for their next visit, it will be here before you know it...last Christmas seems just like yesterday to me...time really does fly by. We wish you all a Merry Christmas.
Lura, I'm so saddened to hear about Heidi! Words cannot express truly how sorry I am. I get so attached to our "extra family members" that I didn't want to have ad dog for a long time. I will be so sad when it is time to say good bye to Tiki!! Your post mad me almost sob!! Prayers and love sent out to you!!
So happy that your whole family could be there for Thanksgiving. You really have such an amazing family!! What an appropriate time to be home. Kierstin is a junior this year and my heart is already wondering how I can part from her in a little more than a year!!
SO GRATEFUL to know the grand master plan so when those goodbye sorrows come, they can be soothed with the sweet knowlege that they aren't really a good bye but "I'll see you later!"
Lura, we had the same sad feelings when we lived in Scotland anad Sarah and John and our wee ones lived down here in Bath. We only got to see them twice a year so I know exactly how you were all feeling..As for missing dear dear Heidi well I'm sorry Lura but that will go on for a very long time, I lost my wee Tamas almost 10 yeras ago now and there is rarely a week passes with out me thinking of him..although I do just adore my wee Dee, it's juts different.
Take care dear friend,
much Love Sybil xx
Goodbye or see you later is tough, especially when they aren't just a quick car ride away. I shared the same hard time when my parents left last weekend.
Goodbyes are so tough during the holidays. The picture of Erin and your granddaughter made me a little teary-eyed. And then it made me miss my little nieces and nephew that much more. :( Again, I'm so sorry about Heidi, I know you miss her lots. Sending love your way,
Tara
Thanks for sharing those wonderful smiles. What a blessing to be surrounded by all that family!
As for blogging, I wish I had something of my mother's to read and remember. She kept a diary every day but my sister took it and has not shared.
Post a Comment