Thanks to all of you who have encouraged me to keep blogging.I think that you are right and I will take your advice.
Hopefully this journaling will be a source of joy for my family one day
even if it isn't now.
...
How I love this season of the year.
To me the time between Thanksgiving and New years is magical.
Thanksgiving always finds our home full of family
and good food which I love.
Our dears ones go home after Thanksgiving but the weeks
that follow are so busy that I don't have time to be lonely.
Some people complain about the rush and fuss of
Christmas, but I don't.
I shop for gifts all through the year so Christmas
is not a financial burden on us.
It can still be tiring getting everything done
but I enjoy all of it....
...finishing shopping...wrapping....decorating....baking...cooking....
...parties....visiting....getting and sending cards....family.... friends....
...hearing carols in the stores....reading the Christmas story in Luke...
...thinking of Christ's birth and His Life....
...
Yep.... I love everything about Christmas.
...
Here are some of the things that
have made me smile this past week
I got to visit with both Sil and Treva this past week.
They each only live an hour or so away but we don't get together
as often as we would like.
How I love spending time with sweet friends from many years past.
Stacy, Sarah and Alicia(not pictured) came over to help me decorate.
We got the house and tree all decked out
and then we enjoyed hot chocolate and cookies.
I was so happy that they came.
I was grinning from ear to ear.
I could not get a good recording but I will upload some of her solo below.
I think it will make you smile too.
I just love working with these sweet people.
Our clever President had a great idea for our Christmas lesson today.
We covered the windows to darken the room and
hung twinkle lights and stars all over the ceiling.
We had the girls sit on blankets on the floor
while each of us leaders told Christmas stories.
The spirit was strong and touching.
It was really special. It made all of us smile.
They have been ready for Christmas since they
found my stash of presents while they were here for Thanksgiving.
I am as anxious for them to open them as they are.
I want to enjoy each moment and soak up the blessing of this season.
I will post my annual Christmas card to you next time.
Until then have a wonderful week....filled with smiles...not stress.
...
I had to post Claire's song in two parts to upload it.
It is not well recorded and I cut it off too soon.
I'm sorry about that but I think you will enjoy it anyway.
Turn off my music on my sidebar .... and enjoy her sweet voice.
...
I know that Christmas can be a hard time or even a sad time for some of you.
However I am wishing for you a Christmas this year...
..that really is...
...as Claire sings...
."The Most wonderful time of the Year."
Merry Christmas







8 comments:
i agree-it is truly the most wonderful time of the year. claire's song was beautiful!! of course i'm not surprised:)i'll have to let the kids watch in the morning(they are in bed). i hope you and your family have a wonderful week preparing for Christmas! its such a magical time. i sent your Christmas card thursday so hopefully you get it soon! merry Christmas lura and john! xoxo
Oh Lura, there is no end to the talent that runs in your family. What a blessing they are. And in turn you bless us by sharing them so generously! Tell Clare I think she has a very beautiful voice. I was always called the Christmas kid, as I worked very hard each year to make Christmas so very special for my children and family. I think I began cooking and baking for it back in September. I am sure that I made some wonderful memories for them that they will treasure one day, if not now. I wish I only lived an hour away from you!! I would probably be a pest. You'd look out the window into your driveway and say, there's that Pesky Marie again!!! It was so nice to talk on the telephone the other evening and it was nice to see a post here by you this morning. I sent Happy Holiday Hugs and smiles and Oodles of love to you and to John and the whole family. I love you! Merry Christmas! xxoo
What an amazing voice on such a young girl! She is very talented!!
I am so happy you decided to continue on with your Sunday smiles. I love seeing your beautiful family and all you do together.
I hope this week brings you and John more smiles than you know what to do with and the most blessed and Merry Christmas! Love and hugs acroos the miles!!
Lura I'm so glad you decided to keep blogging! I'm wishing you the merriest of Christmases. :) blessings, marlene
What wonderful photos and events and thoughts. I'm so glad that your week was so full of joy and activity. I know this coming week will be more of the same and that makes me happy for you. Oh I miss seeing you during these periods of ill health. I keep saying to myself, "she's just down the road" and that makes me happy all by itself. Can't wait to be well and see you soon!!!
Thanks for visiting. So enjoyed my visit here, especially the sweet music and the lovely photos. Take care and have a blessed Christmas!
That was truly a most beautiful rendition by Claire. what a glorious voice she has so confident and beautiful. Please say a BIG thank you from me.
I am glad Lura that you are still blogging I would have missed you so much...
Have a truly wonderul christmas with every blessing to you and all those you love.
God Bless, Love sybil xx
That was a beautiful post and if I had a blog I would be so proud to post such an event. Claire is definitely very talented and you are right to be a proud grammy just like a peacock spreading her plumes so beautiful. Thanks for the words of cheer and thanks for being such a good friend to Holly and Joey and their family. Your blog is beautiful. Enjoy the rest of the season and much more happiness in the future.
Post a Comment