Sunday, December 5, 2010

More Thanksgiving smiles

All of our children joined us for Thanksgiving this year.
We were all together except for our grandson, Justin, who
is on a mission in Guatemala.
With 23 of us together it was a busy, chaotic, wonderful time.
It was a lot of work and a lot of fun.... full of smiles.
...
All the kids are gone now... but this big old house is still ringing
with their laughter... and the warmth of their smiles.
Let me share some of those smiles with you.

We were smiling when we put one turkey in the oven....
...and one turkey in Ernie's smoker....

We were smiling even more when they were done.
The time in between starting our dinner.... and joining together to
give thanks for it and ask God's blessing upon it...
we spent a wonderful day which was full of smiles.

Ellie told Grampy how much she was enjoying her first
Thanksgiving.


Grandkiddos shared smiles in the jacuzzi....
...and with the Wii game....
...There were karaoke smiles....
...and cousin dress up... and...
...Dance recital smiles...
The guys enjoyed a paint ball fight that morn
and front yard football game that afternoon.

Everyone played from the 1 year olds... to Grampy.
(However, maybe Grampy shouldn't have.
On my next post I'll show you the results of Grampy's football spurt.
)
Getting all the grandkiddos together for our traditional
picture by the scarecrow didn't make everyone smile...

...but it did me!
As you can see.... we had a busy day.... full of smiles
as the odor of turkey's cooking filled the house and yard...
... and we waited for our feast of Thanksgiving to be ready.
I will share more of our Thanksgiving smiles with you
on my next post.
I am smiling just from the memory.
I hope that you have sweet memories that are bringing you smiles too.
Have a great week.

7 comments:

StitchinByTheLake said...

God is so good - family blessings warm our hearts for many years afterwards. blessings, marlene

Buttercup said...

Stopping by from Sybil's. Your grandchildren are adorable.

Marie Rayner said...

Your smiles always make me smile Lura! What a wonderful time you had with your family. Thank you so much for sharing them with us so generously! Can't wait to see what happened to Grandpa with the football!! I can only imagine! I am sending you lots of love on this Cold December morning. XXOO

Jan's Blog said...

How wonderful to 'see' your wonderful Thanksgiving. My niece Janelle commented to me how lovely everything looked and how she had always wished for a large family. I can't wait for you to meet her... She already loves you!
Hugs, Jan

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

I love how busy and fun your house is for the holidays. It looks like such a great time.

Great-Granny Grandma said...

Just reading this post makes me smile. Grandkids are blessed to have such a fun-loving and energetic grammy and grampy.

Linda - Behind My Red Door said...

SOmetimes those photos with the kiddos NOT smiling are the most precious because they are so real! I hope Grampy is OK after his football game!! Looking forward to your post later tonight!! HUGS!!