This has been a wonderful week full of smiles that I am
anxious to share with you.....But, I can't limit
this post to only six...so today it will be my Sunday 8 smiles.
to Utah to meet our new little granddaughter and help Erin.
Ellie and Cal met me at the airport
I am smiling that we had the means for me to make this trip
and that Erin and Patrick wanted me to come.
She told me that she liked it. That made me smile.
Bonnie found out about us getting Ellie last Tuesday evening.
She went home and worked night and day making this little dress in time for me to bring it to Utah. You make me smile Bonnie. Thank you.
Ellie will have to grow a little but she will look beautiful in your dress.
We had fun going on a walk together.
He is only 16 months old. Taking on the role of "Big Brother" is a big step for him,
but he is doing well.

He is only 16 months old. Taking on the role of "Big Brother" is a big step for him,
but he is doing well.
Open adoptions make me smile.
Brooke, Ellie's birth mom came to visit her and meet me last night.
How I wish that there had been open adoption when I was born.
I wish that I could have known my dear birth mother.
How I admire and love this lovely girl.
It is obvious how much she loves this baby...her love radiates from her.
Giving up Ellie is the hardest thing she has ever done.
Because she loves her so much, she wants Ellie to have all the things that she can't give her right now.
Please pray for Brooke and her family.
Because she loves her so much, she wants Ellie to have all the things that she can't give her right now.
Please pray for Brooke and her family.
They are happy that Ellie has been adopted into a loving family but this is very hard for them at the same time.
My heart goes out to them.
Brooke's love and courage makes me smile.
...
Ellie's first day at church made me smile.
Brooke's love and courage makes me smile.
...
Ellie's first day at church made me smile.








10 comments:
Hugs to you Lura! So glad you had a wonderful time and tell Erin "congrats" from me!! Lots of smiles and a very courageous birth mom.
ellie is the CUTEST!!!! she is so full of expressions and smiles already. what a blessing! and i agree-open adoption is awesome. i think its wonderful that this birth mother will be part of ellie's life. how hard it must be, but what a selfless act.
She is so gorgeously delicious! We can't wait to meet her in Nov.!
I love that quilt! It's perfect for that beautiful new baby. :) blessings, marlene
Okay, now I am not only leaking but having a big old boo hoo fest!! I am so thrilled that Erin and Patrick got their little girl and you got to not only help, but meet the wonderful young lady who made it all possible. What a wonderful story!! Even though I am boo hooing and leaking, I am smiling too!!
What a beautiful baby girl. I can only immagin how hard this is for Brooke she has done the most loving thing she could do for her baby girl. Thank you Brooke for loving so much that Erin and Patrick could have a sweet baby girl.
So many wonderful smiles here this morning Lura and I am smiling right along with you! My heart aches for Brook and at the same time it rejoices with you and the rest of the family. Such a difficult decision to have to make, but she chose the best parents ever for little Ellie, and the best family. I believe this from the bottom of my heart. What a sweet little soul she is with her pretty dress for Sunday. Cal seems to have grown up overnight!! I just know he is the best big brother ever and that he is enjoying having you there! (I wish I could enjoy that pleasure too!!) I love you loads my sweet friend! Saying prayers where prayers are needed. XXOO
Congrats on your beautiful baby granddaughter! I'm so glad you get to be there- what a blessing. Thanks for sharing your bolg with me- you really have the gift of gratitude!
Hopefully we will get to meet up at some point!
Love, Kate Ishii Strongin
Lura,
Your new blog look is great! Not as great as your new granddaughter, but close! I can't believe a baby as young as she is is smiling in so many pictures! What a blessing your family has in this new baby. She brings smiles to all of us!
Miss you, Sil
Your smiles made me smile too. And have I already told you how much I love your blog's new look?
Post a Comment