HELP MAKE A MIRACLE FOR BABY DAYLON
I got this picture from the newspaper.
It was taken by David Bauman from the Press-Enterprise.
To read the whole article by Jennifer Dean click here
(If you only have a minute and can't take time to read my whole post,
go to this web site now
Please do what you can to help.)
This is Brian and Jennifer Edling with 2 of their children, Caleb and Daylon.
Daylon, who is now 9 months old was born with cruel and painful disease
called junctional epidermolysis bullosa or(EB).
These babies are sometimes called "Butterfly Children"
because their skin is as fragile as a butterfly's wings.
Daylon develops blisters and then raw, bloody sores everywhere he is touched.
These children suffer terribly and die before their first birthday.
...
However, the Edlings are being given a breath of hope.
Daylon has been chosen to take part in a
because their skin is as fragile as a butterfly's wings.
Daylon develops blisters and then raw, bloody sores everywhere he is touched.
These children suffer terribly and die before their first birthday.
...
However, the Edlings are being given a breath of hope.
Daylon has been chosen to take part in a
clinical trial treatment they believe will cure him.
It involves chemo therapy and a bone marrow transplant among other things.
His three year old brother, Caleb, is a perfect match and will be the donor.
It involves chemo therapy and a bone marrow transplant among other things.
His three year old brother, Caleb, is a perfect match and will be the donor.
...
I have been friends with Daylon's grandmother for many years.
The Edlings are wonderful people.
Daylon's grandfather was a religious leader and
served as Bishop of his ward (Congregation).
The family is loving and giving.
Now we need to give to them.
The Edling family have faith and believe in miracles.
However, this miracle in the making costs a lot of money.
An unbelievable amount of money.
They need all the help they can get.
...
Read about EB and little Daylon.
Please pray for Daylon and his family.
Please donate what you can.
If we all give what we can we can make this miracle happen.
Every penny of your donation will go towards making
this miracle come true.
Your support will be very much appreciated.
This clinical trial may not only save Daylon's life,
it will give the doctors knowledge that can help other EB babies.
...
To read about another EB baby, Jonah, click here
Jonah and his family need your prayers too.
Thank you







9 comments:
Lura, thank you so much for bring the plight of these families and these lovely little boys to our attention! I will visit the site and donate what I can and I will most certainly keep them in my deepest most heartfelt prayers. Love you loads dear friend. You are such a kind soul to share this with us. XXOO
Thank you Lura for reminding me. I always have the best of intentions and then I forget, so thanks for the reminder. I've been to the site and made my donation. That entire family will be in my prayers, as you are always.
thank you for sharing with us daylon's story. i will go to their site and donate what i can-poor baby:(
Thank you for posting about this sweet little child Lura. I will be praying for him and his family. I will go check out the website and donate.
Thank you!
XOXO
Jen
Lura,
Thanks for thinking of me and sending me the link and story of the Edlings. I would love to help them out and hope they get the needed support they need to make a miracle happen!
I've started a new job in a dental office and so my time has been limited, but it's been a blessing in many ways! My blogging has slowed down but I'm finding joy and how the Lord leads us on different paths than we plan sometimes. Much love to you and your family from snowing Utah! :)
How sad.
I love you. that is so cool!!! You are soooooooooooooooooooo nice.
grace
Come to my blog. Post a comment on my blog too please. love love love l-o-v-e you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!grace
This breaks my heart. I remember you telling me about Daylon when he was born... how hard to know that snuggling with your baby could cause so much pain. Please keep us posted on his condition. I know the money will come that is needed- miracles happen everyday!
By the way, I just read your comments from Gracie... I love that little girl so much! What a sweetie!
Post a Comment