It seems that I barely turn around before the week is over.
It has been another good week for us...
...full of smiles... and blessings.
I hope that it has been a good week for you too.
...
Miracles make me smile.
Thanks to all of you that are helping make a miracle
for baby Daylon.
She said that she used to think of miracles as things that happened
to very special people in days of old... when Jesus walked the earth.
She says that she now knows that miracles happen in our day...
...to ordinary people like her family.
Yesterday our community came together to raise money
for little Daylon to get his bone marrow transplant.
They held a Help Make A Miracle Fair
They held a Help Make A Miracle Fair
at a local high school.
There was a walk-a-thon..
There was a walk-a-thon..
...and booths of every variety to raise money.
Hundreds of people,
most who do not even know the Edling family,
donated time, effort and money
to help give this baby boy a chance to live.
to help give this baby boy a chance to live.
Thanks also, to those of you who have reached out
through blog world
to help this sweet family.
It really is a miracle..... It makes my heart smile.
More money is still needed but what a great start this baby got.
click here to read more about Daylon and donate support.
and give him a comment. Click here to go to his blog. Thanks.)
I think that he is just the cutest little league player ever.
I love to watch him pitch.... and hold my breath when he is a bat.He does a great job and makes me smile.
I feel blessed that we live close to our precious Mindy and get to do things with her family
that brings us so many smiles.
...
I know that I keep saying this...
... but Knott's Berry Farm makes me smile.
We kept Austin one extra day last weekso to make the time go faster for him we went to Knotts again.
...
How can you not be smiling at Knotts Berry Farm?
Watching Grampy and Austin together makes me smile. They are such good buddies.
but it is so much more fun when Grampy comes.
Shannon makes me smile.She is one of the engineers of the steam trains...big and small.
Since Austin's favorite rides at Knotts are the trainswe see a lot of Shannon.
She is always perky and funny...
...and makes us all feel special and happy
We had fun riding on the authentic old stage coach...but...
I am smiling that we don't have to travel in them today.They are not a very comfortable way to ride.
I would not have made a very good pioneer.
I like my car's soft leather seats, air conditioning and stereo system!
Grampy almost fell off of that racing rooster.
Hang on Grampy....hang on.
...
Hang on Grampy....hang on.
...
I think that is enough smiles for today.
Next time I will tell you about my step back in time
Next time I will tell you about my step back in time
which also made me smile.
and wishing smiles to all of you.
Hugs, Grammy













12 comments:
that picture of john made me not only smile, but laugh too:) he is so cute and funny! you all are-i just love your family! thanks for sharing all of your wonderful smiles with us lura. hope you have a great week!
What a fun week. You sure know how to pack in the good times. And my what fun grandparents you are. I haven't been to Knott's in years. You make me want to go again.
I like to play baseball.
I like it when you and grampy come to my games. Im glad you live close to us.
I forgot to put my name. EJ
Hi Lura. You looked beautiful at church today. I hope you are bringing that beautiful outfit on the cruise.
Oh Lura, you do make me smile!! I loved seeing the photos of your with your family and Grampy! What a character that John is! I just adore him. He has such a wonderful nature and sense of humor. I suspect much like Todd's! Wouldn't they get along like a house on fire?? I would hope so!! When we come out to visit you one day I want to go to Knotts Berry Farm with you and John and ride on the trains! I can't wait to see what you have for us next! From that little picture it looks like a real treat!! I am looking foward to speaking to you today or tomorrow! I love you loads my dear friend! xxoo
I think the problem with my not being able to leave a comment is when I have to sign in. Let's see how this one goes.
You and John are so cute Lura. What a happy family you have and special grandparents too. Knott's Betty Farm looks fun. That is one place I may just have to 'hit' someday...
Have a good week LOL
Hi Lura, Thanks for your sweet comment on my blog. I'm a good blog reader but not a very good blog commenter (or is it commentor?) At any rate, it's fun to keep up on the happenings in your family. Sounds like you've been busy lately with many things going on in your life. I'm sorry to hear about Dee's little grandson but how wonderful for so many people to help Daylon with his miracle. We, too, love to watch our grandsons play baseball (and football and basketball, etc.) Our youngest grandson, Grant, is also a pitcher and I get so nervous when he's pitching. He has a very cute personality, however, and puts on quite a show so that relieves some of my tension. I'm so glad we've all lived to be this age so we can enjoy these treasured moments in our life and then share them with each other through the modern miracles of technology.
What a fun busy life you have. Having a family must be the greatest thing about this life. You and Kris and Shannon, and others, make it the most joyful part of your lives and I'm blessed to watch this wonderful process.
I'm jealous too, but have enough humility left in me to wish you a wonderful time on the cruise.
Love to all,
Jan
I just left you a wonderful comment, and then it booted me out and lost it. I will just say that I love you so much! What a great week you had!
Our prayers are with Daylon!
Love you!
It really warms my heart to see such an outpouring of support for that family in need.
And as far as Knott's Berry Farm goes, what a blast you guys have. Those grandchildren of yours are so lucky to have you guys. :)
I just love your smile sundays. And, I've always heard good things about Knotts Berry farms. Y'all make it look even better.
Post a Comment