We have had special smiles this week.
I want to share them with you today
since tomorrow we will be busy with Easter Celebration,
family and worship.
Last week we packed up our bags and
we got our son-in-law, Ernie to drive us to the airport.I wonder if he is smiling because he is happy for us....
...or because he is glad we are leaving???
Ahhh...Ernie loves us.... he is just happy for us.... don't you think???
After a long day of sitting on a plane and flying across the country
we finally arrived at our son's home
where we were greeted by this sign
and sweet kids. We were all full of smiles....
One day Grampy and I went to school to have lunch with the girls.
We were as excited as they were to spend this time at school with them.
Smile, smile smile
Meanwhile at home we were having fun at all kinds of activities
We had exciting basketball games...
That were enjoyed by all....
...big and small....
Our little slugger, Davey, starred in...
a thrilling baseball game played in the front yard.
Gracie barely made it to base on this hit.What fun!
There was play time at the park.
and bike riding adventures.
You should see little Davey go on his two wheeler.
Nothing slows that boy down.
This week he rode 3 miles with his daddy who has always loved biking.
Last year he rode 5 miles when he still had the training wheels on.
Yesterday we took a day trip to Kirtland.
It is a town rich in Mormon pioneer history.
We enjoyed going through all the tourist sites.
There was play time at the park.
and bike riding adventures.
You should see little Davey go on his two wheeler.Nothing slows that boy down.
This week he rode 3 miles with his daddy who has always loved biking.
Last year he rode 5 miles when he still had the training wheels on.
Yesterday we took a day trip to Kirtland.
It is a town rich in Mormon pioneer history.We enjoyed going through all the tourist sites.
I will tell you all about it on a later post.
...
I must run now.
I must run now.
I just found out that the Easter Bunny has been here.
He has always come to our house on Saturday since he knows
He has always come to our house on Saturday since he knows
that we like to have our Easter Bunny fun on Saturday
and celebrate the spiritual side of Easter on Sunday.
I've heard that the bunny has hidden the 4 baskets somewhere in the house and we will have to follow the clues and go on a treasure hunt to find them.
He also hid a lot of eggs outside we need to find.
He also hid a lot of eggs outside we need to find.
We need to do that before it is time to start watching our
churches general conference
So...
Happy Easter
Happy Easter
I will be back soon
Hugs, Lura










12 comments:
Wonderful pictures Lura. Have a joyful and blessed Easter! blessings, marlene
So glad you got to fly out and see your family.
Happiest of Easters to you!
I love, love. love those kids!! What a fun time you have had already! Goodness we wish Dave's family lived closer! Sigh... maybe someday!
What fun you are having. David's house is beautiful. The children are precious. You are such fun grandparents. Isn't Kirtland a wonderful place. When Jan lived in Ohio we met her in Kirtland and spent a couple of days. We went on a tour of the temple. I led the large group in singing, "the Spirit of God." That was one of the thrills of my life.
Yesterday Jan and I had breakfast with my mom and sisters. One of my sisters said she Blogstalks you! She loves to see how you celebrate holidays and all of your traditions. Isn't that fun to know. You are blessing people all over the land.
Sounds like a wonderful weekend. Glad you were able to spend it with family. :)
how fun to get to visit your son's family! those kids are adorable! so glad you got to go. looks like everyone was all smiles:) hope your easter weekend was wonderful!!
p.s. my sono is wed, i'll email you that day!
I am so glad you could come visit us!
Emma
Looks like you had a ball with your family in Ohio. Cute family and the pictures are special. Have a good week my friend.
I see that the Asian person who can't afford a decent computer is back among us. I noticed it on someone else's blog....and I thought it had disappeared! Silly beggar.
Doesn't it seem strange not to find Marie among us? It'll be wonderful to have her back again.
I hope you are enjoying - at least that you have enjoyed - your time away. Judging by the photos you did. I just thought of a good description of you: The lady whose smile can't keep a secret!
That was soooooooooooooooo
fffffffffuuuuuuuuuuunnnnnnnnnnnn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I LOVE YOU!!
I love reading your adventures. Thanks for being a focal point for me of how I want to be when I'm a grandma someday!!
Post a Comment